HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:11 AM
Head in the clouds
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by east_sider View Post
Talking about the loops. The heli still has the original straight connectors. I'm pretty good about cutting the throttle before it hits anything, although there have been times when trying to take off from grass, it would tip and the blades would hit the grass. Think that did it?
Only if it happens regularly. I also have the straight links, which I believe are the newer version. I am yet to see any signs of wear after 15 or so flights. I'd have more but am waiting on a new PCB
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:14 AM
Joined Jan 2012
45 Posts
Maybe our air is thicker here in the states
east_sider is offline Find More Posts by east_sider
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Maybe our air is thicker here in the states
Or maybe our thumbs are thicker
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:32 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Easy questions for anyone/everyone - Does anyone here experience constant breakage of the loops on the main shaft? I'm on my third one already. The first two lasted about 20 batteries each. If not (or if so), does your heli have the '7' (bent) connectors or straight ones? Any suggestions to prevent breakage? Thanks in advance for the input!
Because many of us have well in excess of 100 flights with no report problems of the loops breaking, I would suggest another cause. Check the fit and also for any excessive play in the flybar and the plastic main shaft(inner shaft) where the blades pivot.
If the flybar looks OK, it might be one of the blade pivots is damaged and that would cause the hoops to be helping to drive the head, which they are not designed to do.
And the Air gets pretty thick in Canada.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:50 AM
Joined Aug 2012
23 Posts
Guys, MJX F45 came with Li-Poly 7.4v 1500 mAh. I thought of using a higher mAh, have any of you tested before and what is your recommendation? I do not want it to damage the unit coz I'm not that expert to repair the whole thing..
Shazlee60 is offline Find More Posts by Shazlee60
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:23 AM
Head in the clouds
Joined Apr 2012
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazlee60 View Post
Guys, MJX F45 came with Li-Poly 7.4v 1500 mAh. I thought of using a higher mAh, have any of you tested before and what is your recommendation? I do not want it to damage the unit coz I'm not that expert to repair the whole thing..
You will find the original battery is not actually a real LiPo 7.4v battery. But is in fact a 7.2v Li-Ion, the round cells are a dead give-away.

For best results with minimal modification, the following two Turnigy Nano Tech batteries are great:

- 1500mAh 20C (75g) - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ver_Pack_.html
- 2000mAh 20c (98g) - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...iver_Pack.html

The 1500mAh LiPo will give you more power with similar flight times, and the 2000mAh will give you more power and longer flight time. Although exceeding 10 minutes continuous flight is not recommended with the stock brushed motors, as they can get very hot. So fly for 8 minutes or so, land and rest for 5 and then finish off the battery.

Discharging below 6.4v is not recommended as you can damage the battery. (A fully charged LiPo should be 8.4v and a Li-Ion should be 8.2v)
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:39 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,535 Posts
Video Collage

Here's the latest video collage from a number of my flights over the last week or so. There are some aerial views combined with a ground camera, high and low altitude shots, stunts, a couple of crashes and even evening / night views. I hope you enjoy the show...

MJX F45 RC Helicopter Collage of flights, views & stunts (4 min 24 sec)
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:12 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Here's the latest video collage from a number of my flights over the last week or so. There are some aerial views combined with a ground camera, high and low altitude shots, stunts, a couple of crashes and even evening / night views. I hope you enjoy the show...

http://youtu.be/viEJG0MM0hg
That is a very unique video. Maybe you should make films as well.
Very Nice!
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:22 PM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
649 Posts
Superb, Rexless, thanks !

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:39 PM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jul 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post

http://youtu.be/viEJG0MM0hg
Wow!!! Good job bro......

juang1430 is offline Find More Posts by juang1430
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:13 PM
V911 F45 Super CP
Joined Apr 2012
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
You will find the original battery is not actually a real LiPo 7.4v battery. But is in fact a 7.2v Li-Ion, the round cells are a dead give-away.

For best results with minimal modification, the following two Turnigy Nano Tech batteries are great:

- 1500mAh 20C (75g) - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ver_Pack_.html
- 2000mAh 20c (98g) - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...iver_Pack.html

The 1500mAh LiPo will give you more power with similar flight times, and the 2000mAh will give you more power and longer flight time. Although exceeding 10 minutes continuous flight is not recommended with the stock brushed motors, as they can get very hot. So fly for 8 minutes or so, land and rest for 5 and then finish off the battery.

Discharging below 6.4v is not recommended as you can damage the battery. (A fully charged LiPo should be 8.4v and a Li-Ion should be 8.2v)
Using the stock batteries and charger, my fully charged batteries show 8.35v. I usually park it when I notice the throttle response getting fairly sluggish. Usually end up at right around 7 - 7.2v.
Mitch332 is offline Find More Posts by Mitch332
Last edited by Mitch332; Aug 03, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:29 PM
Head in the clouds
Joined Apr 2012
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch332 View Post
Using the stock batteries and charger, my fully charged batteries show 8.35v. I usually park it when I notice the throttle response getting fairly sluggish. Usually end up at right around 7 - 7.2v.
Yea they possibly charge the battery as if its a LiPo, so the gadget tries to reach 8.4v. It won't kill the battery, just might reduce its life by 5% or so. Eg 95 cycles vs 100.

When I said discharge below 6.4v I meant under load. I use a voltage alarm set to 3.2v per cell, and when it goes off it is little sluggish. After resting, the battery is around 7.4-7.5v
Old Aug 04, 2012, 12:38 AM
V911 F45 Super CP
Joined Apr 2012
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Yea they possibly charge the battery as if its a LiPo, so the gadget tries to reach 8.4v. It won't kill the battery, just might reduce its life by 5% or so. Eg 95 cycles vs 100.

When I said discharge below 6.4v I meant under load. I use a voltage alarm set to 3.2v per cell, and when it goes off it is little sluggish. After resting, the battery is around 7.4-7.5v
My 7 - 7.2v readings are after resting as well.
Mitch332 is offline Find More Posts by Mitch332
Old Aug 04, 2012, 01:30 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,535 Posts
Bad News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
That is a very unique video. Maybe you should make films as well. Very Nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Superb, Rexless, thanks ! Roland
Quote:
Originally Posted by juang1430 View Post
Wow!!! Good job bro......
Thanks! It was quite fun to put together.

The bad news - F45 is out of service!
I have to admit, I got lucky. I was out for a night flight. I was flying from the hills high above my neighbourhood, flying out over the hills probably 400' above the fields below and everything was great. I flew back and landed to give the F45 a little break. No sooner did I take off and suddenly the helicopter dropped to the ground. I tried to take off again only to be greeted by the great spiral of death. I could smell something nasty so I shut her down and traced it to the tail.

So now my star player is out of the game with an injury. I did order the tail from banggood about a month ago but they've been out of stock and it hasn't shipped yet! So now the big decision - I'm thinking of an upgrade anyway - do I order the upgrade parts now or order a new tail? Decisions!
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
Old Aug 04, 2012, 02:30 AM
Micro Heli mods
Finland, Tuusula
Joined Mar 2012
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumppi T View Post
My next step is BL tail

These are the parts i have ordered
- brushed to brushless converter: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53...item19d292edb6
- Turnigy 1230 BL 4500kv inrunner: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_4500kv.html
- Turnigy 6A ESC: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

One question about connecting the converter?
In the converter there is a plug with black & red wires that should be connected to the original tail-motor place in the PCB .... but the original tail-motor has blue & white wires ?? Does anyone know how should i connect it ??
OK guys,

I got the parts and fixed them right to my heli.

The converter works fine just plug the red to blue and black to white.

With the ESC and inrunner I'm not that satisfied.
They function well on the ground...the BL pushes air quite well, but when i push more throttle the ESC kind on "cut off" the power from BL motor.

Maybe i should buy Turnigy 1811 2000kV BL outrunner as Moki has

...or should i modify the settings of the 6A ESC somehow?
Tumppi T is offline Find More Posts by Tumppi T
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Tumppi T; Aug 04, 2012 at 04:12 AM.