Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:28 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders37 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV3ui...layer_embedded

After a good crash, highter to direct on the nose at 45 degree angle, my F45 spin the same in the video, the maine blade seem to slow compare at the rear blade. I think i burn my money in this crash It's a costly first 5 minutes of flying hehe.
I guess we have to wait until one of you that have this issue start replacing parts to see which component is damaged. Again, my guess is the gyro on the PCB.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:06 PM
Joined Jul 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I guess we have to wait until one of you that have this issue start replacing parts to see which component is damaged. Again, my guess is the gyro on the PCB.
BThirsk, youre gess was good, after regard, a piece was loose. the little thing fall just at touch. On the battery on the picture. Name: PCB_F45.jpg
Views: 201
Size: 81.4 KB
Description:

Thank's, you help me to found my problem.
Raiders37 is offline Find More Posts by Raiders37
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:17 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders37 View Post
BThirsk, youre gess was good, after regard, a piece was loose. the little thing fall just at touch. On the battery on the picture.
Thank's, you help me to found my problem.
Due the similar problem several of you have been having with the gyro, I am going to suggest a preemptive fix.
I have several helis using the HK401 gyro. Inside to gyro, there are 2 circuit boards soldered to the main mems gyro board. These are know to come loose and break the solder under hard flying or crashes.
I have been using clear epoxy to strengthen the 2 boards where they are soldered to the main board.
I would suggest using a small amount of epoxy on each side of the gyro where it is mounted to the PCB to strengthen it.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:45 AM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jul 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
I have added a complete list of parts I used with pictures in Blog area. Just click my name.
Thanks so much for this. Its really help me interms of items to purchase for the mod. Next is how to connect the circuit to make it work and what are the connectors involved. I'll try to catch up with it slowly.

Btw, you are using 11.1V 1500mah battery. Wonder whether it is too much for the main motor.

Regards.
juang1430 is offline Find More Posts by juang1430
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:25 AM
Head in the clouds
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juang1430 View Post
Thanks so much for this. Its really help me interms of items to purchase for the mod. Next is how to connect the circuit to make it work and what are the connectors involved. I'll try to catch up with it slowly.

Btw, you are using 11.1V 1500mah battery. Wonder whether it is too much for the main motor.

Regards.
Yes he is using an 11.1v 3cell Battery for the main motor, but since it is a Brushless motor designed to be run on an 11.1v battery, it is just fine.
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:29 AM
Joined Jul 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juang1430 View Post

Btw, you are using 11.1V 1500mah battery. Wonder whether it is too much for the main motor and will the pinion wear / tear the main gear much faster than the original one.

Regards.
What I meant is I'll try to dig it by myself from the forum and try to understand it slowly. Sorry for being so general
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:31 AM
Joined Jul 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Yes he is using an 11.1v 3cell Battery for the main motor, but since it is a Brushless motor designed to be run on an 11.1v battery, it is just fine.
Thanks for the clarification... cheers!
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:33 AM
Joined Dec 2005
14 Posts
US Parts Site?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good U.S. based parts site for this heli? Plenty overseas but need the shipping & time convienence. Thanks!
Frank Palmer is offline Find More Posts by Frank Palmer
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:22 AM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Palmer View Post
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good U.S. based parts site for this heli? Plenty overseas but need the shipping & time convienence. Thanks!
techNtoys on Amazon has most parts and they ship from CA. I had my order on the East Coast in 3 days.
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
my rear servo has started acting up.
It intermittently goes to full forward extention (way past its normal range of movement) when I bind it and stays there.
I tried the other servo plugged into its place on the pcb and it works fine - so can I assume it is pooched and I need a servo? Is this common?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:48 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,780 Posts
Here is the link for the servo arms only. $3.00 US each.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...607964825.html
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:50 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in NH View Post
my rear servo has started acting up.
It intermittently goes to full forward extention (way past its normal range of movement) when I bind it and stays there.
I tried the other servo plugged into its place on the pcb and it works fine - so can I assume it is pooched and I need a servo? Is this common?
No, it is not common. It usaually only occurs after a crash that puts extreme load on the servo when it is powered up stripping the tiny plastic gears.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:52 AM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
No, it is not common. It usaually only occurs after a crash that puts extreme load on the servo when it is powered up stripping the tiny plastic gears.
I never said I didn't crash it
New servo on the way....
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:38 PM
Spain, Valencian Community, Burriana
Joined Mar 2012
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geso View Post
I also have bought one but until I do not get the new pcb nothing, you can charge with charger series?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...iver_Pack.html

help me please!!!
Geso is offline Find More Posts by Geso
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:42 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geso View Post
I found the original post.
No, you can not charge in series. You can in parallel, but it is best not to.
When you charge more than one battery, they would need to all be discharged the same amount.
To charge in series, you would need to set charge rate 14.8 volts to charge 2 batteries.
The best method of charging is to use a balance charge the ensures the voltage in each cell is charged correctly. That is not possible with most chargers unless they are a special gange charger, which would be very costly.
Last edited by BThirsk; Jul 31, 2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: update