HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:12 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geso View Post
those who bet money spend you my account number and enters me it : D, the cables are well and by the type of connector only supports a position of the correct connection is has blown the pcb... or pcb has gone mad...: Confused:: (

the connector of the old left and new right...
Could you do another short video.
Unplug the main motor. Just slowly idled up to about 10% throttle. The slowly puts rudder all the way to the left and then all the way to the right.
Then do the same with the main motor running. I am curious what happens when main motor is under very little load.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:42 PM
Joined Jul 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestered View Post
That looks like it's the bar the runs through the main shaft and connects to both of the main blade holders. It's basically connecting the two main blades/holders together so they spin with the main shaft.
Wow thank's, i am a clown, dont see this rod go out when i put a shim for blade. Now linkage are ok. Just many many time to get a right setting for ajust the servo connecting rod due to my bad manipulation on rear servo and found a good setting off % on remote control and learn to fly. Sorry to bother you
Raiders37 is offline Find More Posts by Raiders37
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Jan 2012
45 Posts
F45 Canopy mod and tab fix

Just thought I'd show a couple canopy mods you might find helpful. Until my buddy finds time to cut my too-fat heat sink down with his band saw, I cut an air scoop in the canopy. Seems to help a bit in keeping the motor cool. I'll do a nicer job of it on my replacement canopy!

The second pic shows how I used a staple to fix the tab at the bottom that started breaking from the very first 'hard landing'. Nice and snug again!
east_sider is offline Find More Posts by east_sider
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:49 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
That looks like it's the bar the runs through the main shaft and connects to both of the main blade holders. It's basically connecting the two main blades/holders together so they spin with the main shaft.
Ding Ding - We have a winner! Feathering shaft.

Good eyes.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
45 Posts
Tuff boid testimonial

A gust of wind carried mine out of range and it dropped 100 feet onto a busy street. Luckily, it was in the parking lane! Came down skids first. Just sayin' that, as twisted and crunched as this thing was, I took it apart, hammered out the metal, and it's flying again with, seemingly, no problems!

One question for youz guys - Should the prop shaft be perfectly perpendicular to the ground? Mine is cocked a little to the left. I'm assuming the gyro is compensating because it flies OK. Or maybe that's the way it should be?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:14 PM
Joined Jan 2012
45 Posts
vid

Fourth time out with the heli. First time out with C4002 cam. Ten minutes before the aforementioned crash.

Before the Crash (1 min 32 sec)
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:31 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Wendouree
Joined Apr 2012
724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Seems strange that an 11v motor, running at 7v would spin the blades so fast that the tail can't keep up.
Quote:
That's what is odd. It doesn't seem that the blades are spinning so fast that the tail can't keep up. As soon as the main blades start turning, even if I don't spin them fast, the tail rotates clockwise and if I keep adding throttle it will eventually fall over on its side. It's very strange, but it never did that with my stock motor. I don't know why the tail is spinning with this motor, but it is and it's not pushing enough power to the blades to even get it off the ground.
If you are talking clockwise from above this is because the main motor is too weak. The tail is too strong and pushes the Heli in circles. If the motor is an 11v motor then this is an expected symptom. At 7.4v the motor will be under powered.
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:32 PM
United States, TX, Pflugerville
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders37 View Post
Wow thank's, i am a clown, dont see this rod go out when i put a shim for blade. Now linkage are ok. Just many many time to get a right setting for ajust the servo connecting rod due to my bad manipulation on rear servo and found a good setting off % on remote control and learn to fly. Sorry to bother you
You weren't a bother at all. I'm glad I was able to help. I'm a new owner of this heli as well and have been getting help on here with mine, so I'm just glad that I was able to contribute.
Jestered is offline Find More Posts by Jestered
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:35 PM
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
If you are talking clockwise from above this is because the main motor is too weak. The tail is too strong and pushes the Heli in circles. If the motor is an 11v motor then this is an expected symptom. At 7.4v the motor will be under powered.
I actually just figured that out myself. I had the main motor disconnected, so I plugged in that battery and gave some throttle. I noticed the tail moves clockwise to compensate for the main motor spin. The only thing I could figure is that with the main motor connected, it's too underpowered to handle the natural compensation from the tail.

I ordered a stock motor from China, but didn't want to wait that long, so I just ordered another heli from the U.S.. At least I'll be able to fly next week and I'll have a crap load of spare parts then.
Last edited by Jestered; Jul 28, 2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 07:56 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Wendouree
Joined Apr 2012
724 Posts
Quote:
I actually just figured that out myself. I had the main motor disconnected, so I plugged in that battery and gave some throttle. I noticed the tail moves to the right to compensate for the main motor spin. The only thing I could figure is that with the main motor connected, it's too underpowered to handle the natural compensation from the tail.

I ordered a stock motor from China, but didn't want to wait that long, so I just ordered another heli from the U.S.. At least I'll be able to fly next week and I'll have a crap load of spare parts then.
Yea, trying to explain rotation is hard, especially when you're using different view points for comparison.

Not a bad thing to have 2 helis! When the spare motor comes you could put it into your first one and fly them back to back! Should be able to use the same TX for both heli's too.
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:04 PM
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Yea, trying to explain rotation is hard, especially when you're using different view points for comparison.

Not a bad thing to have 2 helis! When the spare motor comes you could put it into your first one and fly them back to back! Should be able to use the same TX for both heli's too.
That's the idea! I'll have to stick with my Align 100X until I get a flyable F45 next week. I've also got an Align 450SA, but I'm not good enough to do much with that thing. Man it's sensitive! I'm basically using the F45 to help me get ready for the 450.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:08 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
I actually just figured that out myself. I had the main motor disconnected, so I plugged in that battery and gave some throttle. I noticed the tail moves clockwise to compensate for the main motor spin. The only thing I could figure is that with the main motor connected, it's too underpowered to handle the natural compensation from the tail.

I am confused.
When you spin up the main blades, the reaction should cause the heli to spin counter clockwise, which yours does. The tail rotor should trust to the right stopping this counter clockwise motion and maintain heading but pushing the tail to the left.
In your case, the heli seems to spin faster counter clockwise as the main rotor speed increases.
It would seem to me that the main motor is overpowering the tail rotor, which is not likely. I had a brushless motor that was way to powerful and fast and it would only just barely do that under full power.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:41 PM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
I tried a HBFP V2 motor, which is 11.1V, in my F45 and it did that exact same thing, spinning ccw, and no lift.

Now if you could find a HBFP V1 motor, I believe those were 7.4V.

regards . . . g
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:47 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
I tried a HBFP V2 motor, which is 11.1V, in my F45 and it did that exact same thing, spinning ccw, and no lift.

Now if you could find a HBFP V1 motor, I believe those were 7.4V.

regards . . . g
Do you think the 11.1 volt motors could be drawing so many amps that there is no power left for the tail. I can't see it being to powerful as it would have no where near the power the first brushless I tried.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:59 PM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Do you think the 11.1 volt motors could be drawing so many amps that there is no power left for the tail. I can't see it being to powerful as it would have no where near the power the first brushless I tried.
I am totally guessing here, but maybe the gyro is setting the tail motor speed based on the main motor's power draw, which is not enough to get the 11.1V motor spinning fast enough.

I know with my little Solo Pro, as the voltage drops to near lvc, the heli starts to slowly rotate ccw - this is my cue to land.

regards . . . g