HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined Aug 2010
80 Posts
MJX-F45 Single Rotor FP Flybar Mod

Hi there

I had tried the flybar mod in my MJX F45

1.- Because the MJX F45 its a really good helicopter but need a little more response to fly better against the wind.

2.- The stock flybar has a big weights, that make him really stable, but not as good against the wind.

So:

I take a pair of E-sky belt cp flybar paddles, I dremel inside to remove the thread

I cloudnt remove the weights from the stock MJX F45 flybar, so I had to cut them.

Report:

The flybar mod is, not as good as I tought, the response its slower than stock flybar, it allows you a Fast forward flight but a slow response that probabbly make you crash.

2° mod was needed, I remove the paddles and left only the base of the paddles, so know I have a Low weght and Short flybar Mod and... is Works!!!!

fast response, fast forward flight, this weekend will be the test in a big space

I show you the video as soon as I have it.

Thx for reading.
samuelsonbm is offline Find More Posts by samuelsonbm
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2012, 02:08 AM
Germany, HH, Hamburg
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
hi guys,

i have build a new batteryholder with PCB material.The batteryholder have 13g. I use a zippy 2200mAh/ 20c battery. Dimensions: 104x34x17mm , Weight: 112g without the wire ..
I think 20C it is enough. The motor need with full thottle ( hold the heli on bottom ) 10A with the original blades and 11A with the Double horse blades. The JST Connector is not so good, he can handle 5A. I use 20 pin PCB Connectors with 2,54 pitch. 2x 5 Pins for + and - . Itīs good for 15A.
I hope it is understandable, my english is not so good.
some pics

In future i will mod with this EH200 motor from Hobbyking.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_4100kv.html
Moki155 is offline Find More Posts by Moki155
Old Apr 21, 2012, 03:52 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Fantastic mod what is your wireing on the PCB conector and battery and what do you use to charge the battery with and whats the wireing on that unit to the ballance charger.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Apr 21, 2012, 04:33 AM
Germany, HH, Hamburg
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
hi whizgig,

i make a chargeadapter. I will make more pics later.
Now you can see same parts .. the org. Connectors and with modification.
I donīt know whats the name of the PCB in english. In german the name is "Lochrasterplatine"

Moki155 is offline Find More Posts by Moki155
Last edited by Moki155; Apr 21, 2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 06:09 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Cool! Thanks for that I might have a go at it.
Whats the dimentions of the board you have made for it ?
Last edited by Whizgig; Apr 21, 2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 06:11 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsonbm View Post
Hi there

I had tried the flybar mod in my MJX F45
Now this looks interesting I can't wait to see the video
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:04 AM
Joined Jan 2012
516 Posts
Quick question: back in this thread was the suggestion of shims on the
main blades. The results was a more resposive heli Will the mods to the
flybar be better than the shims on the main blades?
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:27 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,766 Posts
Both reduced flybar weight and shimming the blades improve response.
When you shim the blade, you are removing the up and down movement which in effect, acts as a dampener. The same effect is realized by the flexible blades.

When you reduce the flybar weight, the flybar creates less dampening effect and the cyclic change is transferred to the rotor blades more effectively.

Both changes will increase response at the expense of stability.

A stiff carbon or wooden blade would as well increase response, but would require more control input to maintain attitude.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Apr 21, 2012, 05:06 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Well I got my F45 today, and yes it is a very nice heli. However, the transmitter is driving me nuts!! It won't go into any "stick mod" other than 2. I push the menu button and turn the dial like the manual says and it never changes from "stick mod 2".

I need someone to talk me through this please!!

UPDATE!! I finally got it to change from stick mod 2 to stick mod 4; but I don't know how I did it. I just kept pushing the menu button and turning the dial back and forth, and somehow it changed stick mod setting. I tried to repeat the process to turn it back again, but no dice.

What am I doing wrong?
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Last edited by hope12839; Apr 21, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:31 PM
Joined Aug 2010
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12839 View Post
Well I got my F45 today, and yes it is a very nice heli. However, the transmitter is driving me nuts!! It won't go into any "stick mod" other than 2. I push the menu button and turn the dial like the manual says and it never changes from "stick mod 2".

I need someone to talk me through this please!!

UPDATE!! I finally got it to change from stick mod 2 to stick mod 4; but I don't know how I did it. I just kept pushing the menu button and turning the dial back and forth, and somehow it changed stick mod setting. I tried to repeat the process to turn it back again, but no dice.

What am I doing wrong?
you didnt do anything worng, MJX has a mistake mode 4 its indeed mode 2, to change anything in your transmiter you have to click the "push" bottom and scroll it to move into the comands, to change the eleiron elevator, trottle, and rudder sensibility, and reset to stock, after that you can move in the stick mode, and to select it you have to click again, and then scrolling change between mdoe 2 and for (to use mode 1 and 3 you need to move both bottoms beside the ), clicking againg you will chose the mode.

hope I was helpfull for you
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:42 PM
Joined Aug 2010
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moki155 View Post
hi guys,

i have build a new batteryholder with PCB material.The batteryholder have 13g. I use a zippy 2200mAh/ 20c battery. Dimensions: 104x34x17mm , Weight: 112g without the wire ..
I think 20C it is enough. The motor need with full thottle ( hold the heli on bottom ) 10A with the original blades and 11A with the Double horse blades. The JST Connector is not so good, he can handle 5A. I use 20 pin PCB Connectors with 2,54 pitch. 2x 5 Pins for + and - . Itīs good for 15A.
I hope it is understandable, my english is not so good.
some pics

In future i will mod with this EH200 motor from Hobbyking.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_4100kv.html
ŋwhat do you think about a 3 cells battery mod? how can we doit without burn the PCB?

Im happy with the flight time 10-12 min, what I need is a higher rotor speed, because i want to use a 8 degree wooden blades, I already had adapted.

my motor is the Honey bee King Super motor, that easly handle the 11.1 volts, but I dont want to burn the PCB with that voltage.

In the Miniz Cars there is a mod to could increase the voltaje only by changing few transisstors, could we do something similar?

here si the mod

http://www.atomicmods.com/Categories...-Stacking.aspx

http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/4562-FET__10103.aspx

I now those fets are not compatible with the sizes of the MJX fets, but maybe somentihg similar?

what do you think?

That could be an easy mod to get better results with brushed motors, that should be cheaper than a brushless mod
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsonbm View Post
you didnt do anything worng, MJX has a mistake mode 4 its indeed mode 2, to change anything in your transmiter you have to click the "push" bottom and scroll it to move into the comands, to change the eleiron elevator, trottle, and rudder sensibility, and reset to stock, after that you can move in the stick mode, and to select it you have to click again, and then scrolling change between mdoe 2 and for (to use mode 1 and 3 you need to move both bottoms beside the ), clicking againg you will chose the mode.

hope I was helpfull for you
Yes, thank you; that was a big help!

My next question is: The various "speed" settings for the AILE, ELEV, RUDD; are they actual speed settings where you are adjusting the speed of the various swashplate movements?(forward speed. turning speed, etc) I am thinking that maybe they are, as you can only access them from the menu button, whereas the trim settings are the external buttons/switches on the transmitter near the sticks. Am I right about this?
Last edited by hope12839; Apr 22, 2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 05:41 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12839 View Post
Yes, thank you; that was a big help!

My next question is: The various "speed" settings for the AILE, ELEV, RUDD; are they actual speed settings where you are adjusting the speed of the various swashplate movements?(forward speed. turning speed, etc) I am thinking that maybe they are, as you can only access them from the menu button, whereas the trim settings are the external buttons/switches on the transmitter near the sticks. Am I right about this?
They are a percentage of total. I think they where at 60 percent factory.
If you are comfortable, I would suggest setting all to 100 percent.
The factory 60 is good for test hovering to get the feel, but not enough response for outdoors when they is any wind.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:12 AM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
They are a percentage of total. I think they where at 60 percent factory.
If you are comfortable, I would suggest setting all to 100 percent.
The factory 60 is good for test hovering to get the feel, but not enough response for outdoors when they is any wind.
Mine came "preset" at 90%, eccept for the throttle, which was set at 50%

So are they really speed settings, kind of like dual rate settings?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:57 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,766 Posts
Yes, the same as dual rate.