HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:01 AM
Registered User
Geso's Avatar
Spain, Valencian Community, Burriana
Joined Mar 2012
119 Posts
yesterday was flying and it worked fine after a slight blow on the grass and suddenly began to rotate on its axis, as if the tail rotor does not work, but if it works, I have checked connections and everything, I ordered a new rotor...
Geso is offline Find More Posts by Geso
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:22 AM
1 can 't have 2 many heli's
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Kapellen
Joined Jul 2012
98 Posts
The hardest part is drilling the swashplate to 6mm ,second hardest is the front pin in the swashplate antirotation.
The rest is just adapting the length of the links and the servo-horns
douglas2950 is online now Find More Posts by douglas2950
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:24 AM
1 can 't have 2 many heli's
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Kapellen
Joined Jul 2012
98 Posts
450 cyclic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
I have thought about doing this mod myself just to see if it worked and it dose you have proven that it can be done and it looks like it works better that the standard.

Good work Douglas.
Thanks

The hardest part is drilling the swashplate to 6mm ,second hardest is the front pin in the swashplate antirotation.
The rest is just adapting the length of the links and the servo-horns
douglas2950 is online now Find More Posts by douglas2950
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:44 AM
when is the wind stopping??
markkona's Avatar
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas2950 View Post
The hardest part is drilling the swashplate to 6mm ,second hardest is the front pin in the swashplate antirotation.
The rest is just adapting the length of the links and the servo-horns
What we need now is a flying vid of your modded Mjx with this 450 swash to see how it affects FFF speed please. congrats on being able to do this mod the swash was IMO one of the main handicaps slowing down cyclic controls on this heli.
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:46 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
I'm looking at purchasing a used one that needs a few parts to make it the way I want it - who in the U.S. carries parts?
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:21 PM
It's raining again :-(
HubiQuax's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Wesseling
Joined Jul 2012
25 Posts
Hi @all

here is the next rookie in town. It's me.

About 2 months ago i started with a litte NoName- Koax from market. Scrap. But the following little 3,5- Cannel- Cobra (ebay) flies much better. Then i tried a 9961... to big for indoor, to weak against wind for outdoor, as i know now...
After loosing my 9961 to the forces of nature and a gigant monster- bramble i decided to strike back, and to buy a bigger heli.

I got my F45 three weeks ago, bought in a little RC- Store. Since that i searched German Forums (my language) for infos and other happy and proud owners of the F45, but in german forums this seems to be a 'Heli non grata'. All postings will be repressed from the admins there and all threads were closed soon. Because its a toy, and not a heli ^^

Last two 2 weaks i read here all you all wrote. Thank you all for the great thread here. In the meantime i made most suggesed mods (except brushless), today heat-sink (but i mounted the heatsink, after a small modification on that, an other way) and the blade shiming. Tested, hey, its great, like all others.

Greets and thanks to all
HubiQuax

(Sorry for bad english, and my boring writing, i am german, and do not have any kind of humor)
HubiQuax is offline Find More Posts by HubiQuax
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:39 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubiQuax View Post
Hi @all

here is the next rookie in town. It's me.

About 2 months ago i started with a litte NoName- Koax from market. Scrap. But the following little 3,5- Cannel- Cobra (ebay) flies much better. Then i tried a 9961... to big for indoor, to weak against wind for outdoor, as i know now...
After loosing my 9961 to the forces of nature and a gigant monster- bramble i decided to strike back, and to buy a bigger heli.

I got my F45 three weeks ago, bought in a little RC- Store. Since that i searched German Forums (my language) for infos and other happy and proud owners of the F45, but in german forums this seems to be a 'Heli non grata'. All postings will be repressed from the admins there and all threads were closed soon. Because its a toy, and not a heli ^^

Last two 2 weaks i read here all you all wrote. Thank you all for the great thread here. In the meantime i made most suggesed mods (except brushless), today heat-sink (but i mounted the heatsink, after a small modification on that, an other way) and the blade shiming. Tested, hey, its great, like all others.

Greets and thanks to all
HubiQuax

(Sorry for bad english, and my boring writing, i am german, and do not have any kind of humor)
Welcome.
And your English is just fine. And you'll get a sense of humor listening to us.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:26 PM
V911 F45 Super CP
Joined Apr 2012
140 Posts
Has anyone found a good way of removing the pin that holds the flybar on?
Mitch332 is offline Find More Posts by Mitch332
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:53 PM
Eternal beginner
Rollmops67's Avatar
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubiQuax View Post
Hi @all

here is the next rookie in town. It's me.

...

Greets and thanks to all
HubiQuax

(Sorry for bad english, and my boring writing, i am german, and do not have any kind of humor)
Hallo HubiQuax, willkommen hier, dieses Forum scheint ziemlich international zu sein !
Fliege auch nur seit ein paar Monaten RC-helis, und bin vom F45 begeistert !

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 04:47 PM
Steve
Chester1's Avatar
United Kingdom, Staffordshire
Joined Jan 2012
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch332 View Post
Has anyone found a good way of removing the pin that holds the flybar on?
These work very well

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3901105202...84.m1439.l2649
Chester1 is offline Find More Posts by Chester1
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:01 PM
V911 F45 Super CP
Joined Apr 2012
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester1 View Post
Nice. I finally managed to get mine, but that would've definitely saved me some trouble.
Mitch332 is offline Find More Posts by Mitch332
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:04 PM
Registered User
rpc4's Avatar
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
amazon had almost every part for the f45 today. The last parts I got through them came from techNtoys.com in three days I contacted techNtoys and they said they were stocking all the parts for the f45 at their US warehouse within the next month. The only thing I didn't find was hollow pipe. I ordered a few more spare parts before they all get scarfed up.

Ray
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:10 PM
1 can 't have 2 many heli's
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Kapellen
Joined Jul 2012
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Hallo HubiQuax, willkommen hier, dieses Forum scheint ziemlich international zu sein !
Fliege auch nur seit ein paar Monaten RC-helis, und bin vom F45 begeistert !

Roland
Wilkommen Hubiquax Grusse aus Belgien, Ich bin auch neu auf diesen Forum.
Der F45 ist ein traumheli, und werd mit modificationen noch besser.
douglas2950 is online now Find More Posts by douglas2950
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:13 PM
1 can 't have 2 many heli's
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Kapellen
Joined Jul 2012
98 Posts
European members

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas2950 View Post
Wilkommen Hubiquax Grusse aus Belgien, Ich bin auch neu auf diesen Forum.
Der F45 ist ein traumheli, und werd mit modificationen noch besser.
Welkom Hubiwax, greetings from Belgium.I'm new on this forum as well.
The F45 is a dreamheli, and gets even better with mods.
douglas2950 is online now Find More Posts by douglas2950
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:14 PM
Registered User
rpc4's Avatar
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Welcome.
And your English is just fine. And you'll get a sense of humor listening to us.
All I can say is we all share the same interest a little language shouldn't get in the way. Heck i'm almost totally deaf. Sometimes this is a good thing when I visit my mother in law.

Ray
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion On self stabilising single-rotor helis (FP/CP) and comparison to quadcopters and coax LMF5000 Electric Heli Talk 10 Apr 13, 2014 02:59 PM
Discussion UAV systems Single Rotor vs Multi Rotor iskoos UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jan 06, 2012 10:51 PM
Question Upgrading from Co-Axial to FP Single Rotor Judo JoNny Electric Heli Talk 57 Sep 20, 2010 12:10 PM
Discussion Best FP single rotor 4 CH Heli? helinewbie617 Micro Helis 76 Oct 31, 2009 07:16 PM
For Sale will trade my orbiter coaxial for a fp or cp single rotor heli micro heli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 01:36 PM