HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:10 AM
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
Hd Key Cam arrived

Hi

it weekend the cam arrived from china in 10 days
I did fly with it but is was to windy and my face was in a close up so you will have to wait for a movie but it will come.

I bought this one : http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=160719435901

I attached a printscreen made with media player, it is in 1280 resolution (60 fps)

I will follow up

(no heli part arrived yet)
jeroenvtec is offline Find More Posts by jeroenvtec
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:16 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroenvtec View Post
Hi

it weekend the cam arrived from china in 10 days
I did fly with it but is was to windy and my face was in a close up so you will have to wait for a movie but it will come.

I bought this one : http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=160719435901

I attached a printscreen made with media player, it is in 1280 resolution (60 fps)

I will follow up

(no heli part arrived yet)
Nice looks quite sharp photography there!! Now let's see some aerial clips with your f45
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:31 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders37 View Post
Thank's all for information, will use carefully.
Hi mate this battery is a Li-Lion and it will weigh to much for the heli and it will move the CG to far forward and you will have to add weight to the rear of the heli to compensate the weight and it will slow down the heli and make the main motor work alot harder and it will get very hot and will burn out verry quickly.

What you need to do is to weigh the standard battery and then look for a Li-Po battery that is a higher mAh but weighs the same or very close to the standard battery.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:38 AM
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Nice looks quite sharp photography there!! Now let's see some aerial clips with your f45
Yesss I willl !! ( when the wind is gone or low )

I have to try to mount it a bit skew/oblique to get horizontal image/video
Why is it hanging shew/oblique that much ?

thanks
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:52 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
753 Posts
Quote:
Yesss I willl !! ( when the wind is gone or low )

I have to try to mount it a bit skew/oblique to get horizontal image/video
Why is it hanging shew/oblique that much ?

thanks
The lens inside the casing is not straight. A common defect in these keychain cameras. If you are comfortable you can take the case apart and straighten the lense so that it is square.
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Jul 10, 2012, 05:03 AM
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
The lens inside the casing is not straight. A common defect in these keychain cameras. If you are comfortable you can take the case apart and straighten the lense so that it is square.
Lens is ok.
it is the heli, if I see my movie made (external) it is not straight flying, I did see it on more movies.

jeroen
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:07 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
753 Posts
Quote:
Lens is ok.
it is the heli, if I see my movie made (external) it is not straight flying, I did see it on more movies.

jeroen
Oh, well in that case, it is typical helicopter behaviour.

The lean to the right is due to the sideways push of the tail motor, which in order to maintain a steady hover, the main rotor needs to be angled to make the heli want to push back to the right, this creates the slight lean. The smaller the aircraft the more pronounced this is as the force to weight ratio increases. Even a real life full scale helicopter will have a slight tilt to the side when hovering due to this.
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:56 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
626 Posts
Mods on my F45 so far

Here are somme photos of what I changed-modified on the heli :

- Bigger 2200 mAh battery, weights 133 gr versus 98 gr for the original.
(Turnigy batteries with 25C constant discharge current, bought them at Hobbyking)
- EC3 connectors for the battery.
- Heatsinks on main and tail motor (I discovered that the tail motor becomes also very hot)
The main motor heatsink is an E-flite EFLH1309 (cut in two, otherwise it would be to high)
The tail motor heatsink is an E-sky EK-002447.
After cutting 3 of the plastic "branches" that cover the tail motor, it fits perfectly.
Heat-conductive grease (originally for computer CPU) has been applied before mounting the heatsinks.

Here are some photo, maybe they can give you ideas.

Have nice flights and no crashes !

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:32 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post

- Bigger 2200 mAh battery, weights 133 gr versus 98 gr for the original.
(Turnigy batteries with 25C constant discharge current, bought them at Hobbyking)
- EC3 connectors for the battery.
- Heatsinks on main and tail motor (I discovered that the tail motor becomes also very hot)
The main motor heatsink is an E-flite EFLH1309 (cut in two, otherwise it would be to high)
The tail motor heatsink is an E-sky EK-002447.
After cutting 3 of the plastic "branches" that cover the tail motor, it fits perfectly.
Heat-conductive grease (originally for computer CPU) has been applied before mounting the heatsinks.

Here are some photo, maybe they can give you ideas.

Have nice flights and no crashes !

Roland
Thanks for sharing Roland. BTW I like the way you installed a new stopper for your battery Can you give me a direct link for the tail motor heatsink mine does get hot too but not as much as the main motor used to!!! Now that I have converted my main to brushless I have no need for the heat sink but I'll keep it with the main motor coz you never know I might use the BL motor for a 450 kit that I am considering of getting for a future build!!
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:49 AM
Spain, Valencian Community, Burriana
Joined Mar 2012
119 Posts
Hi. Can I mount a brusless motor? Which one?
Geso is offline Find More Posts by Geso
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:50 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Have you put your ail servo to the last hole and shimmed your main blades? These things make a significant difference. Other than that, practice . . . in a large area.
So I finally had a chance to shim my blades yesterday - using the plastic reinforcements for binder pages. My first try with 3 stuck together created a weird front-to-back rocking effect. I checked it over later and found one of the main blades wasn't as free as the other, so I switched that one to 2 stuck together and now the weird effect has gone and if flies just fine. To be honest I can't yet tell if it's made much of a difference. I think my expectations may be skewed by flying the V911's which respond so quickly in most situations. In about the same winds, same field, same day I seem to get stuck in a hover on the F45 with full elevators forwards. On the V911 if I do the same I end up in a nose dive but I can at least get the nose down long enough to punch the throttle and get some forward movement. I don't expect the F45 to be as fast - in fact that might just freak me out - the fields I have here are not big enough for that!.. I'm just wanting a bit more confidence fighting a light breeze.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:33 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Can you give me a direct link for the tail motor heatsink mine does get hot too but not as much as the main motor used to!!!
I found it in Belgium, here is the link :
http://www.best4fun.be/esky-tail-mot...nk-002447.html
But I don't know if thet ship to Malta.

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Jul 10, 2012, 01:12 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
The tail motor heat sink looks perfect ... I might have to do that mod.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jul 10, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
Anybody want to buy my slightly used F45? I've done the blade shim and aileron mod and it comes with an extra battery AND camera and accesories. Flies great. Asking $50 shipped in original box to the lower 48. PM if interested.
PM sent
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Old Jul 10, 2012, 02:10 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,433 Posts
Does anyone know what the centre blue wire does on the stock battery?
I have some extra batteries from another source and I have a bunch of connectors.
I don't want to take apart my good battery to confirm the wiring and where to solder the wires. Does anyone have a photo of the wiring of the battery so we can see where all the wires go? I would guess Black to - and red to + (seems logical) but the blue one is where I get confused...
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member