HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
I didn't want to say that the F45 was slipping and wobbling , is it what you understood ? My fault, English is not my fist language. The F45 has a light tendency to slide in great speed, but that can be controlled with the right stick. If you understood that I don't like the unpredictable flying of the V200D01 you are right ! To answer your question, a 50' no wind area is not the best place for a great flyer like the F45. If you buy one and try it in the wind, in a 500' area you could regret that you bought the Walkera, it is exactly what I did ! Not to mention the 300$ spare parts I spent on the Walkera. Excuse me, when I see V200D01 and F45 in the same post I fell a urge to express myself...
Your English is perfect and I understood your meaning, I wa just pointing out what does and doesn't matter to me.
While the F45 does appear to be what I am looking for it will not replace the V200D01 as I don't believe it will help me move onto CP heli's. The FBL V200D01 flies more like a CP than probably any other FP you can get.
While I am challenged by the V200D01 it sounds like you were entirely unprepared for it (or maybe you were flying it over a hard surface)!
Besides the main gears which I am getting better at not stripping, I have only ruined a canopy and some blades....
That said I am confident that the F45 can take a crash better than it and I would agree that many Walkera helis are easily damaged in minor crashes.
Thanks for your replies,

Scott
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:54 PM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
640 Posts
Fantastic !

Today I flew my F45 two more times, with no crashes.
Before that I made blade shims by cuting off a piece of transparent plastic sheet (coming from the box of my F39 coax !), and yes, the response to the gimbals input became better and more precise. The holes in the shims have been made with a hole puncher, it's exactly the right diameter.

Wind was variing from 5 to 15 kmh but the heli manadged to be faster.
I used more aileron then the first time, to maintain the sliding while turning in limits, and had far more fun then stress to fly today !
Next time I will go in a wider aera, the one that is near my house is about 150 x 150 feet and surrounded by houses.
I didn't time the flights, but it seems in excess of 15 minutes (I have 2200 mAh batteries).

At one moment when I cranked up throttle and flew ff for a little time the heli begun to do what I would call a rodeo (imagine a wild horse jumping with a cowboy on his back), nose up and down very quickly, did someone else experience this ?

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:47 PM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,565 Posts
Yes I have experienced that abt 5 times so far and I still can't put my finger on it what I have deduced is that with larger batteries the COG could be slightly off and when you give a certain amount of throttle coupled with a sudden elevator thrust this rocking sometimes seems to occur!!! But I think it's more pilot error than heli's weird act!! It hasn't happened enough to me to pin it otherwise
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:18 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Getting Closer

Hi guys,

I'm starting to get the hang of my V911 and I'm chomping at the bit to get this F45 off the ground. Could one of you tell me how much time I can expect to get from the stock battery? I'd like to set a timer and possibly save myself one less wreak per flight by bringing her in on time. (I will be doing a lot of hover practice at first)

Oh, and has anyone come across another more powerful battery that will work without having to solder? I plan to learn soon, but I really want to keep things simple for now....Lot's to learn!

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:34 PM
Spain, Valencian Community, Burriana
Joined Mar 2012
119 Posts
Hello how I change the motor to one without brushes, which I need and where I buy it? can someone pass me links? It is worth the effort? and if I ride a battery 40 c, which be? that should I change it? Thank you...: Confused:
Geso is offline Find More Posts by Geso
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:18 PM
Steve
United Kingdom, Staffordshire
Joined Jan 2012
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
Hi guys,

Oh, and has anyone come across another more powerful battery that will work without having to solder? I plan to learn soon, but I really want to keep things simple for now....Lot's to learn!

-Pat
It is very difficult to find a battery over 1500mAH with the connector used on the F45 (JST). What I did was to buy some 1800mAH batteries fitted with a "Deans" connector then bought a JST to Deans lead - available on ebay.
I have been using these on many of my heli's including the F45 with no problem

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Male-dean-...item3364165fed
Chester1 is offline Find More Posts by Chester1
Old Jul 09, 2012, 05:44 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Hi guys,

I'm starting to get the hang of my V911 and I'm chomping at the bit to get this F45 off the ground. Could one of you tell me how much time I can expect to get from the stock battery? I'd like to set a timer and possibly save myself one less wreak per flight by bringing her in on time. (I will be doing a lot of hover practice at first)

-Pat
With the stock 1500 mAh battery, I do 8 to 8.5 minute flights and the battery voltage after the flight is still safe to prevent battery harm.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jul 09, 2012, 07:13 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
Hi guys,

-Pat
As Hayabusa said, 8 minutes is a reasonable flight time to expect from the stock battery. I use a low voltage alarm set for 3.2v per cell and it goes off after about 8-10 minutes depending on how hard I fly it. With the alarm set at 3.2v, this results in the battery being around 3.5v after resting for 10 minutes, and uses about 1000mAh of the full 1500mAh

Around US$3 on eBay. I recommend getting the one with the digital readout and dual piezo buzzers, such as this:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-8S-Lipo...#ht_2670wt_922

Just plugs into the balance lead of the battery with no impact on battery performance.
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Jul 09, 2012, 07:22 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Chester, Hayabusa, and Slothy,

Thanks you guys, really good know, and I appreciate you taking the time to provide the helpful links!

Grateful,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Jul 09, 2012, 07:48 PM
Joined Jul 2012
15 Posts
Hello! I order one F45 and will receive soon. But, i order whit a 2200mAh battery. Just hope it's a real 2200.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...576624635.html
Raiders37 is offline Find More Posts by Raiders37
Old Jul 09, 2012, 07:59 PM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Anybody want to buy my slightly used F45? I've done the blade shim and aileron mod and it comes with an extra battery AND camera and accesories. Flies great. Asking $50 shipped in original box to the lower 48. PM if interested.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old Jul 09, 2012, 08:01 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders37 View Post
Hello! I order one F45 and will receive soon. But, i order whit a 2200mAh battery. Just hope it's a real 2200.
Better get a motor heat sink ... 17 min of flying time could really heat up the motor.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jul 09, 2012, 08:12 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders37 View Post
it quite possibly is a true 2200mAh battery, but it is still Li-Ion rather than a LiPo, so you still wont get the added performance of the LiPo's others are using. You will get longer flights, but not more power.

It is not recommended to fly for more than 8-10 minutes at a time to save the motors burning out, so you can fly for 8 minutes, land and sit for 5-10, then fly again before charging.

It should charge on the stock charger, but it will probably take about 1.5x longer as it is 1.5x bigger in mAh.

Oh one more thing, you will probably need to modify the battery tray to fit it in, as I would imagine it being a little longer than the stock battery. There are 2 stops inside that will need to be cut down, so you will want to look at a way to tie the battery down so it doesn't slide once you do this, such as an elastic band or velcro straps.
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Jul 09, 2012, 09:20 PM
Joined Jul 2012
15 Posts
Thank's all for information, will use carefully.
Raiders37 is offline Find More Posts by Raiders37
Old Jul 09, 2012, 11:46 PM
V911 F45 Super CP
Joined Apr 2012
140 Posts
Removed, problem found
Mitch332 is offline Find More Posts by Mitch332
Last edited by Mitch332; Jul 09, 2012 at 11:55 PM.