HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2012, 04:57 PM
Joined Jun 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
Other than size, how does it compare to the 9116? I am tossing up between the MJX-F45 and new DH9117, which is a larger version of 9116.
I do not know about the 9117 but the 9116 is crap out of the box, the radio has a nice feel but the receiver boards have problems with shutting down on lift off, something to do with the rotor & tail being out of sync, also the range is totally fudged specs, I would start loosing signal between 35 & 45 feet resulting in several crashes mostly just damaging the canopy as they seem to crack with the slightest impact.

on the up side the 9116 is the perfect for medium size yard & can fly pretty fast & aggressive compared to the F45. but to make the 9116 good you need to change the receiver & radio to a more reliable brand, I went with the blade cx2 receiver & a honey bee fp 3 in 1 mixer & it flies great.

The MJX F45 very impressive for its size & flew perfect out of the box & no problems with radio range like with the DH, The F45 is a little too large for my yard but flies great in open areas, the only problem I found with the F45 comes from MJX's lack of experience in single blade heli design, is the blades do not fold up behind the tail boom, I cut a little plastic off each blade near the blade holder that allows the blades to fold enough to fit it in my display case & it still flies fine, if the DH9117 is anything like the 9116 it will most likely have similar problems, so go with the F45 you won't regret it & look around on Ali for the camera kit, I found it for $22.00 with shipping, not great quality but lots of fun add on
JoeNezZ is offline Find More Posts by JoeNezZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2012, 06:10 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
How in the world you manage to get flybar strikes confuses me I've never been able to induce one single strike no matter how aggressively I fly it!! Must check that flybar again maybe I've got something different!!
I didn't think it was possible either, I have a feeling it was during my excursion into tall tree so it wasn't what you would call orthodox flying but for less than 0.2g (my scales don't register below that) it can't hurt
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Jul 05, 2012, 06:15 PM
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
The specs on the Honeybee rx says it's good for 5-12 volts. It binds with a Spectrum TX. I have the centrury 72MHZ one hooked up now. If it works I will try the Honeybee one and post results.
$28.00 USD on Ebay . Little bind button on RX push and it binds with most TX's
Quote:
Both of these will work the Esky the Rx is built in the Eflight needs to be plugged into something like the spectrum 6100 rx
Interested in this because i own a Speltrum DX7s for my CP Helis. I'm a little confused on what the MJX pcb does exactly. Is it a genuine 3in1? Or is it just a receiver and an ESC in 1. Does it actually use an electronic gyro or is the gyro the flybar?

I want to bind this thing top my DX7s SO BADLY. Interested in those 4/3in1 units you posted. Or was wondering if I could just upgrade to brushless then use one of my extra Spektrum receivers to replace the MJX pcb. I don't know if there is any "mixing" among the aileron and elev servo but my DX7s is capable of like 5 different mixing ratios.

-Steve
flatthump is offline Find More Posts by flatthump
Old Jul 05, 2012, 06:26 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatthump View Post
Interested in this because i own a Speltrum DX7s for my CP Helis. I'm a little confused on what the MJX pcb does exactly. Is it a genuine 3in1? Or is it just a receiver and an ESC in 1. Does it actually use an electronic gyro or is the gyro the flybar?

I want to bind this thing top my DX7s SO BADLY. Interested in those 4/3in1 units you posted. Or was wondering if I could just upgrade to brushless then use one of my extra Spektrum receivers to replace the MJX pcb. I don't know if there is any "mixing" among the aileron and elev servo but my DX7s is capable of like 5 different mixing ratios.

-Steve
In most 4ch FP helis the Gyro is only 1 axis, yaw. The balance bar acts as a gyro for the other 2 (pitch/roll). On the F45, the gyro is an electronic Heading Hold gyro and is fairly sensitive so works really well, but not as sensitive as say the Blade SR with the well known tail wag. If you look on the PCB there is a little PCB sticking up perpendicular to the main board wrapped in heat shrink. This is the gyro.

The swash is a 120 degree swash, but as far as I can tell, elevator input only moves the elev servo, and aileron input only moves the aileron servo. So I'd call that no mixing. The directional balance is controlled by the way MJX oriented the swash, and seems to work well.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:48 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
I will keep posted on progress I am trying fm 72mhz out first . This is a 5 in 1, Honeybee has 4 in 1 the fm one is setup so by flipping a couple of dip sw's you can use on a cp heli I will take pics of progress both have gyros and gain adj for tail motor. No reason why it won't work all I notice is servo's are wicked fast i will have to be aware of this. I agree with 9116 circuit board but I never could solve it because when you push stick to make it go forward both servo's push up i never could program around it. Basically any open PCB is not a good Idea The ones in the little plastic box are pretty tough but I always fuse the motor with 7-10 amp fuse because that's how most controllers get fried, we forget to pull throttle back on crash. The other thing is range the better Rx are good for a mile. This has been a real issue with the 9116 where I fly. You never get it out anywhere near that but that little extra is nice.
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Jul 05, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Oh I never was real fond of the 9116 TX Had my issues with that to when you shut it down you lost everything you programmed.. We never could fly 2 at the same time always got cross talk winding up flying one at a time. Basically we get what we pay for the MJX f45 is an exception one fine bird, One iffy TX mine was a Piece of crap right out of the box left stick would not stay down kept centering regardless what you did. Let go of stick bird went to half throttle (bummer) since i totaled rx on mjx on crash I'm not spending $28 plus shipping on a slow boat from China for a new one. I will try to improve my odds.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 10:44 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Oh I never was real fond of the 9116 TX Had my issues with that to when you shut it down you lost everything you programmed.. We never could fly 2 at the same time always got cross talk winding up flying one at a time. Basically we get what we pay for the MJX f45 is an exception one fine bird, One iffy TX mine was a Piece of crap right out of the box left stick would not stay down kept centering regardless what you did. Let go of stick bird went to half throttle (bummer) since i totaled rx on mjx on crash I'm not spending $28 plus shipping on a slow boat from China for a new one. I will try to improve my odds.
Your F-45 TX has sliders on each side to change the sticks to either Mode 1 & 3 amd mode 2 & 4 then you select the mode you want in the menu on th TX and thats that so your problem is that you have not set the sliders to match the mode you are useing eg: both sliders down is Mode 2 & 4 and both sliders up is Mode 1 & 3.

If you are refering to the 9116 TX then all you needed to do was to select the Mode you want to use in the TX menu and then open up the TX and manualy convert the gimbles for the sticks to suit the mode you want and if you want to know how to do this there are more than enough vids on you tube to show you how to do it.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Last edited by Whizgig; Jul 05, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 11:48 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Just got back from a good 8 min flight with the F-45. Dead calm air right before dark. Got some good practice with banked turns both left and right, and some backwards flying. Key to flying the F-45 is don't try to push it past its limits in the turns ... I've learned that lesson already and have toned it down for some good flying action without any close calls on crashing.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jul 06, 2012, 03:57 AM
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
Hello

After a small crash, the helicopter began to rotate my right. In what may be the case, the special damage is not visible
Tribiani is offline Find More Posts by Tribiani
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:02 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribiani View Post
Hello

After a small crash, the helicopter began to rotate my right. In what may be the case, the special damage is not visible
if we can understand your question maybe we can help or else try making a video clip of the heli's behaviour!!
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:51 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Hello

I would say that the tail motor has a fault in it, it could be anything from dirt or grass slowing down the taill motor or the gearing or shorting out wires for the tail motor or a fault on the pcb due to the crash or it could also be the main motor with the same symtoms as the tail and or the bushes in the main motor got whacked out of place from the impact of the crash.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:03 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
I would say that the tail motor has a fault in it, it could be anything from dirt or grass slowing down the taill motor or the gearing or shorting out wires for the tail motor or a fault on the pcb due to the crash or it could also be the main motor with the same symtoms as the tail and or the bushes in the main motor got whacked out of place from the impact of the crash.
If it turns right, then the tail is stonger so dirt etc in the tail can't be it, as that would slow the tail making it turn left.

Quote:
You may have knocked the rudder trim tab, or the Gyro is slightly bent out of alignment. Even the main motor may be damaged or the main gear is stiff.

Make sure trims are centered, gyro is straight from front to back, and up and down, and the main motor isn't stuggling.

Also need to know how many flights you have on your F45, I'm thinking only a few being your first post, but who knows. Also how fast is this rotation, if it is only fairly slow, you might be OK to just adjust the trim and leave it at that and see if it comes back.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 06:31 AM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
The separate rx thing works It was so foggy and little windy lost sight of bird so only flew for few mins, The controls are super responsive I need to adjust swash linkage lots of rev not enough forward a Newbee would have dumped it.Going to be gone a few days on a project. But will swap out Honeybee control when I get back. Looks promising but I would want a few flights under your belt before making the conversion.

Ray.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 06:44 AM
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
tnx for answers
I try to make video later

Before crash everything was ok
Now, the helicopter begins to spin in circles (very fast) on the ground to the right when I add the engine speed.
Trimming dont help, it's begin to spin in circles on the ground to the left.
I did just a couple of flights indoor.
And sorry for my bad english
Tribiani is offline Find More Posts by Tribiani
Old Jul 06, 2012, 07:25 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
tnx for answers
I try to make video later

Before crash everything was ok
Now, the helicopter begins to spin in circles (very fast) on the ground to the right when I add the engine speed.
Trimming dont help, it's begin to spin in circles on the ground to the left.
I did just a couple of flights indoor.
And sorry for my bad english
OK you are still not making complete sense, probably the language barrier.

First you say it spins right, which means the tail is too strong for the main rotor head. But then you say that it spins left, which means the tail is too weak!

I think a video will be a good idea