HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:35 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Yep I like to be in the middle with 50 acres on all four sides and 0 wind and just haul a** with a heli with a set of Extreme blades. But here in my real world all I got is a ball field with 3 dam chain link backstops (bummer) and a kick ball net which I became acquainted with several times and the bleachers hit them a few times to and if you drift to far to the left there is the pine trees. But I love every minute of it.
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:43 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
Yep I like to be in the middle with 50 acres on all four sides and 0 wind and just haul a** with a heli with a set of Extreme blades. But here in my real world all I got is a ball field with 3 dam chain link backstops (bummer) and a kick ball net which I became acquainted with several times and the bleachers hit them a few times to and if you drift to far to the left there is the pine trees. But I love every minute of it.
Well heck mate, get some 'a them kiddos to clear the field for you!
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Lol Them kidos are all tied up with their high tech jobs. And the town I live in I'm the only one that flies helicopters Got a couple of sons into them my son in law flies the 750 class competition ones like SAB Goblin Got grand daughter flying CX ones. Heck you got to drive 60 miles to find a so called sanctioned field and most of them fly planes.I hate Flight simulators their not realistic the only one that was remotely close was Clear View and you had to use keyboard to fly . The hardest thing I have ever had off the ground including my 450's was a Century Hummingbird 2mins max and you felt like it was 30 mins it had the old helic head and it reacted like a fish bober in the air no mater how good you were on the sticks it would just bob around. I learned more about flying rc helicopters buy going hands on than setting for hours on a simulator. Although it would have been nice to have pro flight instructor as a neighbor, it never happened. One of the most fun helicopters I own is the 9116 with 110 flights on it that's the second one. The first one is still flying I gave it away. My wife keeps telling me she is going to put duct tape around my wallet and I said it could be worse i could have bought the Cessna 172 I was looking at.

Keep um Flying
Ray
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:50 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
Lol Them kidos are all tied up with their high tech jobs. And the town I live in I'm the only one that flies helicopters Got a couple of sons into them my son in law flies the 750 class competition ones like SAB Goblin Got grand daughter flying CX ones. Heck you got to drive 60 miles to find a so called sanctioned field and most of them fly planes.I hate Flight simulators their not realistic the only one that was remotely close was Clear View and you had to use keyboard to fly . The hardest thing I have ever had off the ground including my 450's was a Century Hummingbird 2mins max and you felt like it was 30 mins it had the old helic head and it reacted like a fish bober in the air no mater how good you were on the sticks it would just bob around. I learned more about flying rc helicopters buy going hands on than setting for hours on a simulator. Although it would have been nice to have pro flight instructor as a neighbor, it never happened. One of the most fun helicopters I own is the 9116 with 110 flights on it that's the second one. The first one is still flying I gave it away. My wife keeps telling me she is going to put duct tape around my wallet and I said it could be worse i could have bought the Cessna 172 I was looking at.

Keep um Flying
Ray
Laffing... you've got it all covered, friend.

I got lit when in the Air Force... too much beer. Jumped in one of the Bell Cobra's we had parked near the tents and tried to "fly" it... best I could do was spin in a circle and trimmed a couple trees with the tail rotor - I got a good yelling at for that stunt.

.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Old Jul 05, 2012, 04:33 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
649 Posts
9X transmitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBuzzard View Post
For the record, my gripe with the MJX transmitter is the deadband around the center position of the sticks. Anti-torque (aka rudder) is especially insensitive requiring relatively large finger movements before the heli responds to stick inputs. The 9X is very sensitive to small stick inputs resulting in much smoother flight.
Cheers
Interresting !
I've not yet my F45 (maybe it will be here tomorrow or on saturday ! ) but have a coaxial F39 (man, is this thing laaame) wich has the same transmitter.
It behave like yours, with the deadbands on the 4 channels arround the middle position of the sticks (even for the throttle).
I was thinking my transmitter has a problem, but after reading you it seems it's it's normal behaviour of the 9X.

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Last edited by Rollmops67; Jul 05, 2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 04:45 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Interresting !
I've not yet my F45 (maybe it will be here tomorrow or on saturday ! ) but have a coaxial F39 (man, is this thing laaame) wich has the same transmitter.
It behave like yours, with the deadbands on the 4 channels arround the middle position of the sticks (even for the throttle).
I was thinging my transmitter has a problem, but after reading you it seems it's it's normal behaviour of the 9X.

Roland
Maybe we can try replacing the MJX pcb with a V911 one !!!!! then you can bind it to the turnigy
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
Old Jul 05, 2012, 06:03 AM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
The specs on the Honeybee rx says it's good for 5-12 volts. It binds with a Spectrum TX. I have the centrury 72MHZ one hooked up now. If it works I will try the Honeybee one and post results.
$28.00 USD on Ebay . Little bind button on RX push and it binds with most TX's
Old Jul 05, 2012, 06:12 AM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Need to cut PCB plastic mounts off
Old Jul 05, 2012, 06:39 AM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Both of these will work the Esky the Rx is built in the Eflight needs to be plugged into something like the spectrum 6100 rx
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:04 AM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
In our quest to build the "Perfect 4 CH FP Heli" we have to think outside the box. Put our Negatives aside go where no heli has been before and build it. Edisons first light bulb didn't light but he didn't give up.I enjoy this Thread there are some great minds in this group. Sometimes we have to cross the line from Toy grade to Hobby grade and combine the best of both worlds.

Enough said got to do a job and make money so I can buy more Heli parts.

Bring the bird home in one piece, or put it in a bag so the wife won't see it.

Ray
Old Jul 05, 2012, 07:25 AM
Head in the clouds
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
775 Posts
Interesting configuration Ray

The eSky stuff doesn't bind with a FrSky 9X does it? Unless you plan on flying other Spektrum/JR aircraft, or already have a Spektrum/JR radio, this may be a big outlay, just to get better control of the Heli.

The ability to use a FrSky/Turnigy 9X would make it more affordable, as they can be had for around $60 US, when they're in stock

On a different note, I came up with a way to protect the Tail boom from any Balance Bar strikes, I have a QS8005 coaxial which came with rubber "Training Gear" pads that pushed onto the skids, and thought I could use one to protect the boom. I had to make the hole a little bigger with a pocket knife to make it fit, but it works See the image for how it looks.

Weighs around 0.2g so I doubt it will have any effect on the CG
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Jul 05, 2012, 04:00 PM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Interesting configuration Ray

On a different note, I came up with a way to protect the Tail boom from any Balance Bar strikes, I have a QS8005 coaxial which came with rubber "Training Gear" pads that pushed onto the skids, and thought I could use one to protect the boom. I had to make the hole a little bigger with a pocket knife to make it fit, but it works See the image for how it looks.

Weighs around 0.2g so I doubt it will have any effect on the CG
How in the world you manage to get flybar strikes confuses me I've never been able to induce one single strike no matter how aggressively I fly it!! Must check that flybar again maybe I've got something different!!
Old Jul 05, 2012, 04:03 PM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,715 Posts
Has anyone tried the double horse blades on the F45 and if yes which model did you try and what were the differences in flight characteristics?? I am tempted to get some cheaper blades than the xtreme carbon ones to experiment around with and am not sure which blades will fit ok on the F45!!
Old Jul 05, 2012, 04:54 PM
Steve
United Kingdom, Staffordshire
Joined Jan 2012
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Has anyone tried the double horse blades on the F45 and if yes which model did you try and what were the differences in flight characteristics?? I am tempted to get some cheaper blades than the xtreme carbon ones to experiment around with and am not sure which blades will fit ok on the F45!!
The 9053 Volitation and 9101 use identical blades but they are a slightly different shape. They provide more lift at a lower headspeed but the motor does have to work a bit harder. The best ones are the 9104 blades as they are exactly the same size and shape as the F45. You can pick these up on ebay quite cheaply. It is difficult to find F45 blades (or any other parts)anywhere in the UK
Chester1 is offline Find More Posts by Chester1
Old Jul 05, 2012, 05:44 PM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
I love the tail boom protector on Chris's heli got to try that, On the Turnigy 9x I don't Know My bro in law has one he has paired to a glider I will have to try to bind with it. Got my parts today going to try new rx out in AM . All looks good to go on the bench but I have been down that road before.

Ray