SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:10 PM
5,200 Led Lighted Bike-Bob P.
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,816 Posts
Ok I found it. I put it here also for others to jump over there if they want to visit. I just got this plane confused with the S-39B. This is the 4 engine mother size.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post23330355
**Neons** Bob
**neons** is offline Find More Posts by **neons**
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:14 PM
Team OFG (Old Fat Guys)
United States, KY, Leitchfield
Joined Jul 2008
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by **neons** View Post
Last year 4- 2011 I scratchbuilt the Kawanishi H8K2 Japanese "Emily". It was a 3 month project with plenty of interest. (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1417974)

This year, 2-2012, I have started the new build of the early version of the Martin Mars that had the twin rudder. I have the fuselage framing started. I am basing the model on Ivan Pettigrews plans.
You can contact Ivan by emailing him. Here is his email address:
ivanp@dowco.com

Scale 1/20
Wingspan: 120 Inches
Length: 72 Inches
AUW: 13 pounds. as I estimate.
Wing Area: 1515 sq. in.
Wing Loading: 15.7 oz/sq. ft.
Airfoil: Eppler 197 with NACA with washout built in on outboard wing sections.
Power: Hex DT-750 brushless. MAS 10x7 with opposite rotations Nanotech 4s 5000Mah 14.8v Lipolys

The model will not be true scale as there are modifications on the plans that are not exact. I am going to divert from the plans some to use a mix of Depron foam and wood with some carbon fiber also I am first going to upload some pictures and drawings and maybe some notes of this version Mars.

**Neons** Bob
Man, I know it's a bit funky looking, bit I LOVE this plane. It's just impressive and looks way cool. I have wanted one for years and sure wish someone would put out an ARF.
Fly on dude!
BigD1961 is offline Find More Posts by BigD1961
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More SEFF pics.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:27 PM
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,816 Posts
Big D,
I know what you mean about strange planes that are not always seen. That is why I do not want to follow the pack. I like to have the option of building what others do not have. The problem with ARf builders is they need to sell high volume on the more popular planes to stay in buisness.Too bad about it. At leat when I show up at the pond or field I do not have a Mustang, Warhawk, Catalina, Beaver, etc. if you know what I mean.
Thanks
**Neons** Bob
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:35 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Christchurch,England
Joined Aug 2004
2,607 Posts
I hear that Bart83 is planning a Mars short kit as his next project after his amazing Empire boat build!
Sopwith Mike is online now Find More Posts by Sopwith Mike
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:45 AM
71% of the world is runway . .
Nederland, ZH, Oostvoorne
Joined Jun 2009
1,718 Posts
First a little '' in between '' project my budget can handle better:

Name: 1.jpg
Views: 78
Size: 16.0 KB
Description:

Name: 2.jpg
Views: 49
Size: 13.0 KB
Description:

Name: 3.jpg
Views: 52
Size: 12.3 KB
Description:

i think some of you can see wich plane it is gonna be ''oink'' ''oink''

Cheers,

Bart
Bart83 is offline Find More Posts by Bart83
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:29 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart83 View Post

Attachment 5346756

Attachment 5346757

Attachment 5346758

Cheers,

Bart
I like the looks of that and i hope its a bigger plane . joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:16 AM
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,816 Posts
Bart
Your drawings amaze me. Whatever it is I am sure it will be nice. It looks very classic to me. You still have a long way to go building the new model yet.
**Neons** Bob
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:30 PM
Parkcityflier
Park City, UT, USA
Joined Aug 2001
1,568 Posts
Great work with the CAD
parkcityskier is offline Find More Posts by parkcityskier
Last edited by parkcityskier; Dec 03, 2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:39 PM
Editor - Flying Models
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2003
2,418 Posts
Love it Bart!!!! What will the span be? Also, are you doing it as the early version, or after Fio's refurb and repower job?
Thayer is online now Find More Posts by Thayer
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:00 PM
Joined Jun 2009
1,718 Posts
Early version , first get the empire done . .

Cheers,

Bart
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:57 PM
GLM
AMA 209854
Check Six!
Joined Oct 2003
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart83 View Post

Attachment 5346756

Attachment 5346757

Attachment 5346758

Cheers,

Bart
Cochon Rouge
GLM is offline Find More Posts by GLM
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:46 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,807 Posts
Bob amazing Mars build, what the latest Neon-Sea plane news Sir?
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:32 PM
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,816 Posts
Hello D.,
There is not much going on here building right now. I actually have my garage so full of planes, bikes, and a car I am running out of room now. I hung up Mars until next spring for now. We have been having some very low wind days around here that are not to cold. But the water is cold. I will not venture out now on a retrieve boat this time of year. I have been doing loads of flying though.Flew a lot today too.

I have 37 planes in my transmitter. I have 6 that have not been maidened. I have over 50 planes total and maybe 9 boats of sail and nitro racing V's also. Matter of fact got another twin electric something whatever today given to me. Our club just got a small indoor basket ball court to fly in whenever we want to use it cheap. I guess I have to build up a small group of indoor planes now.

I was at a museum in Windsor Locks, CT in the fall and there was a RC Swap meet and I bought a built Proctor- WWI Neuiport 28 - museum quality biplane. 1/4th scale 80". I am thinking of finishing it as my next big project very soon. It needs covering and electronics, motor , etc. I want a 1.20cc to E-power it. I will be doing plenty of building to come. I have no seaplanes in my plans for now. Maybe some foamy WWII 2- 4 engine planes later. I prefer planes not commonly seen though.

You are progressing very well on our Sikorsky S-40. You picked a good obscure plane. A hard one at that. But I can see it will be a nice craft when it is done. I am always watching the threads and what is going on with some of my favorite builders as yourself.
Thanks,
**Neons** Bob
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:10 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by **neons** View Post
Hello D.,
There is not much going on here building right now. I actually have my garage so full of planes, bikes, and a car I am running out of room now. I hung up Mars until next spring for now. We have been having some very low wind days around here that are not to cold. But the water is cold. I will not venture out now on a retrieve boat this time of year. I have been doing loads of flying though.Flew a lot today too.

I have 37 planes in my transmitter. I have 6 that have not been maidened. I have over 50 planes total and maybe 9 boats of sail and nitro racing V's also. Matter of fact got another twin electric something whatever today given to me. Our club just got a small indoor basket ball court to fly in whenever we want to use it cheap. I guess I have to build up a small group of indoor planes now.

I was at a museum in Windsor Locks, CT in the fall and there was a RC Swap meet and I bought a built Proctor- WWI Neuiport 28 - museum quality biplane. 1/4th scale 80". I am thinking of finishing it as my next big project very soon. It needs covering and electronics, motor , etc. I want a 1.20cc to E-power it. I will be doing plenty of building to come. I have no seaplanes in my plans for now. Maybe some foamy WWII 2- 4 engine planes later. I prefer planes not commonly seen though.

You are progressing very well on our Sikorsky S-40. You picked a good obscure plane. A hard one at that. But I can see it will be a nice craft when it is done. I am always watching the threads and what is going on with some of my favorite builders as yourself.
Thanks,
**Neons** Bob
WOW 50+ planes that quite an airforce Bob! I appreciate the compliments SIr, I will be studying all your Seaplane builds for ideas & New techniques!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:20 AM
Joined Jun 2009
1,718 Posts
Hi Bob.

I'll bet you like this video

The Giants - flying boats (51 min 25 sec)

Cheers,

Bart