HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2012, 02:04 PM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Maybe my long and poorly spelled posts are not beying understood correctly, so read what makg said and remember a biased person will not respond unbiased when confronted with that very bias.
Legendary_Agent is offline Find More Posts by Legendary_Agent
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:12 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,407 Posts
This thread is hilarious.

Thank you, Gerry, for providing one more sorry example of insanely flawed ideals for me to chuckle at briefly and forget.

Wait a minute, though... This statement:

Quote:
One single blue whale is worth more than any human, imo, simply because there are so few of them left.
Are you saying you would die for the sake of a whale's life?

Are you saying that you would kill a fellow human for the sake of a whale's life?

Are you saying that you would prefer a whale-rights activist to be killed instead of a whale?

If you were attacked by a deadly and highly endangered animal and you possessed the means to defend yourself by killing it, you are saying that you would simply let yourself be killed?

Gerry, Gerry, Gerry.... You should TOTALLY do a YouTube series on this stuff.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:33 PM
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2011
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
Gerry, Gerry, Gerry.... You should TOTALLY do a YouTube series on this stuff.
He's only 90ish KM from me, I'll go film 'em if he;s got something to say
MyPonyRocks is offline Find More Posts by MyPonyRocks
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:53 PM
ex-noob
Sammamish, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2010
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
it's ok for a shooting club to half kill pigeons and and just throw them in a bin to die a long miserable death?
Wait, what? I must have missed that part of the story. Where did it say they shot and wounded the pigeons? If they are going through the effort to collect them after shooting them, I suspect they are wringing the necks of any birds that aren't already dead. Of course, I don't suppose that makes you feel any better though, eh?
Quote:
Says who? scripture? Humans have every right to take their own lives.
Well, yes. As a matter of fact it does (not that I'm a bible thumper by any means). It is also illegal here in the US and will get you locked up, although maybe not in a prison.
Quote:
When you've killed all the pigeons on the planet, what next? All the blue whales?
Wow! Really? You went there.

Apparently, any argument with you is futile. I suspect you are with PETA and also want to rename fish to "Sea Kittens" too.
Lardog is offline Find More Posts by Lardog
Last edited by Lardog; Feb 22, 2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Feb 2010
9 Posts
Most animals dont die a natural death in the way humans think of natural death. They dont just die of old age in their nest/den/outdoor home. Very few do. Most die by being eaten alive. Now which way do you consider humane, to die while watching the predator eat you or a quick blast from a shotgun or rifle and your lights out before you hit horizontal?
arkarns is offline Find More Posts by arkarns
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:56 PM
United States, NJ, Browns Mills
Joined May 2005
1,848 Posts
....THUD... I was wondering how long this would go before it fell through to the bottom of the stack!

CD
Captain Dunsel is offline Find More Posts by Captain Dunsel
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:57 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,628 Posts
Now when I was shooting in compitition I used to get invited to pidgeon shoots, most are charity events... but I have a rule with animals, If I am not eating it then I will not shoot it...

But a drone, now your talking!!! I got a Winchester SX3, 12 rounds in 1.5 seconds, bring on the drone... betcha I can do more than $300 worth to it.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:56 PM
Beaumont ,peoples republic of Kalifornia
Joined Jan 2004
258 Posts
Wow 7 pages and finally a regular, kept checking my browser thought I clicked on some random link. WT??????? what happened wheres LTUP whats up with all this PETA nonsense ?????
Pigeons here only in season with licence .
English sparrows and starlings aren't so lucky heeheehehhhehah
7 pages on a pigeon shoot.
I too have a problem killing something just to kill it and soon as I learn how to prepare english sparrow they will be extinct in my neigborhood.( because they are a nonnative invasive species )
To mister man oh the horror they just let the poor creatures die in pain. A question ?
Do you fish ?
debogus is offline Find More Posts by debogus
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:11 PM
Registered Broncos Fan!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
683 Posts
Odds are this thread started elsewhere and was subsequently moved to LTUP.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:17 PM
Long time newbie
USA, TX, Katy
Joined Nov 2006
976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Well, nobody is buying humans or blue whales right now so both of them are worthless. However if we actually farmed blue whales and drank their milk, they would be very valuable and carefully preserved by the very people earning their living from them. I can't think of a decent economic use of humans right now....... Not strong enough to pull a plow, not smart enough to fart and chew gum at the same time, no meaningful food products derived from, pretty ugly creatures.......nope! Totally valueless.
Off topic, but when has that ever mattered down here. Human trafficking, is alive and well even in the US. Every couple month I see news reports in Houston where the police have found another house or club where girls are kept against their will.

http://app1.kuhf.org/articles/128596...n-Problem.html

Kind of puts the whole pigeon thing into perspective.
heymak is offline Find More Posts by heymak
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:29 PM
Beaumont ,peoples republic of Kalifornia
Joined Jan 2004
258 Posts
Ah ha that makes sense
Did find out that there is a pigeon here that isnt protected but we dont have pigeon problems .My hood has redtails .Had one hit a pigeon 10 feet from me.
Hawk didnt see me and woosh kapow feathers everywhere then he seen me and bolted.
At night, big feakin carry little dogs off, owls.
Thanks to this thread I have learned what I can do when mocking birds claim my property .
Audubon says super soakers ,noisemakers and pie tins hung in their trees ,oh my.
and it may take weeks to convince them to relocate( cant do crap after they have a nest)
debogus is offline Find More Posts by debogus
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:03 PM
Joined Aug 2003
1,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by debogus View Post
A question ? Do you fish ?
I used to before I went out in to the world. After I turned 18 I have not been out... I found so much to do and tried other things.

I went back to bicycle racing when I hit 32, stopped after I had a good bender at 38. Back and shoulder will never be the same. I may get a replacement on the right shoulder. I don't bounce like I did at 17. Now I break.

I took up my fathers passion and went Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:05 PM
Joined Aug 2003
1,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by debogus View Post
Ah ha that makes sense
Did find out that there is a pigeon here that isnt protected but we dont have pigeon problems .My hood has redtails .Had one hit a pigeon 10 feet from me.
Hawk didnt see me and woosh kapow feathers everywhere then he seen me and bolted.
At night, big feakin carry little dogs off, owls.
Thanks to this thread I have learned what I can do when mocking birds claim my property .
Audubon says super soakers ,noisemakers and pie tins hung in their trees ,oh my.
and it may take weeks to convince them to relocate( cant do crap after they have a nest)
We had redtails and a big owl in Costa Mesa, ca. at the flying field.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:27 AM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,164 Posts
Wow, I've never been to this obscure little corner of RC Groups.

After reading all the posts I still can't decide whether to change my avatar to "Here, quad, quad" or "Here, pigeon, pigeon".
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:35 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
If the copter was not over the property, the shooter should be prosecuted. If it was, too bad so sad.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff