Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:37 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
I got a 5-day ban a month ago
I stand corrected. My 5-day ban was overturned today upon appeal.
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:39 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Reported..............

Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:41 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by space bat View Post
reported..............

lmao
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:41 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,726 Posts
Quote:
I believe I have an older wind version then. I bought it less than a month ago direct from Subsonic. I had it on my 51" Sebach, and was able to run a 14x8.5 APC and stay under 900w, with the 14x7 Xoar it was under 800w.... Granted, I'm at 2300' MSL, and I've been flying in 50-70f temps. I do fly with the TM1000 temp sensor on my motor, so I'm able to keep a close eye on motor temps.
Slick, with those numbers it looks like you may have. If I remember right according to the Castle log my DM2820-750 is 752KV. I was told by Ken they were 720KV, so I don't know how accurate the castle log is but other numbers from it were pretty spot on. Either way I am happy with the motor on a 14x7, we'll see if I have to prop down I the summer.
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:44 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,726 Posts
Oh I forgot... With the 14x7 apc, I was just under 1kw and I think around 62 ish amps with mine.
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:35 PM
Where's my orange kool-aid?
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Quote:
Is this because you ordered the slick ?
xzuberance is offline Find More Posts by xzuberance
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:58 PM
Spicy Torque Roll!
USA, CA, Pasadena
Joined Dec 2006
1,837 Posts
So far this Slick is looking good!
volcomsnows2k is offline Find More Posts by volcomsnows2k
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by volcomsnows2k; Mar 15, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzuberance View Post
Is this because you ordered the slick ?
Must be, why else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomsnows2k View Post
So far this Slick is looking good!
Thanks Pete, but I'm married.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:49 PM
Currently flyin Crack Yak
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2006
364 Posts
The Slick is back on its feet finally. I took 1/4" ply and cut out a new landing gear block. Generous amounts of thick CA and some Gorilla Glue. I reinstalled the blind nuts and screws from the original landing gear mount. This actually seems really strong now (stronger than stock) since I cut the wood to be an exact fit against the hardwood bracing in the plane. I should have her back in the air early next week still waiting on motor/servos but all items now have said shipped with the tracking number.
ryanotown22 is offline Find More Posts by ryanotown22
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:32 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
pop top stick movements...

Take virtical line, then drop left stick to bottom right... right stick to top left. The after spiral starts, move right stick to top middle neutralizing aileron then relax to center stick relaxing elevator too... then add power and fly out.
thanx micheal.but I fly mode 1 so will have to rework those stick movements to how it will be on mode 1
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:31 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,123 Posts
I had the day off work today so i got the rest of the Slick assembled. Installing the servos took a little longer than usual because the servos I'm using (Blue-Bird BMS380-Max) are a slightly bigger then the holes, so a some work is needed. I also replaced the standard pushrods which are adequate but only just, with carbon pushrods with ball links and to cap it off i made up some extended carbon servos arms. All surfaces now have over 45 Deg of travel, the elevator has about 75 Deg on highest rates.

It was a bit windy (15mph) and the light was starting to fade but I couldn't resist giving it a quick test fly. It all went perfectly, two clicks of down and she was trimmed. CG as per manual is bang on with inverted requiring no down elevator. Conditions and my nerves meant I didnt push it but I did dio a short KE spin which was no problem (needs bit of left aileron to keep it locked in). I tried some brief knife edge which was also uneventful. For KE mix I copied over the settings from my Extreme Flight Edge EXP 48" (negative 6% aileron, zero elevator) these settings were very close but there was a slight tuck to the belly so I'll try a couple of % up mix for the next flight. To test for wing rock I did a couple of long elevators, there was not even a hint of wing rock and no tendency at all to drop a wing it also kept nice and straight and remained controllable on the rudder even with the full 75 deg of elevator deflection..

I was also testing my hand wound Scorion and it also came through with flying colours. With about 1kW to play with performance at WOT is truly startling I need to do a few checks on the motor to make sure it's not getting too hot after hard use, the two flights I had today hardly warmed it up at all but I was taking it easy most of the time.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:36 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Nice report Steve....

Wind was kinda deceptive today - 15mph on the deck but certainly was higher than that when up a 50-60 feet that's for sure....surprised about the edge needing any mix as I don't require it

Guess you must have been happy and relieved it came down in one piece because the wind sheer today was brutal for landing that's for sure......rudder slide and pray was about the only option...
Last edited by Space Bat; Mar 16, 2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:44 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Bat View Post
Guess you must have been happy and relieved it came down in one piece because the wind sheer today was brutal for landing that's for sure......rudder slide it in was about the only option...
I had a "rough" landing yesterday on my 48" MXS from a direct crosswind to my runway of about 10mph. I'm just not that good at crabbing a model plane yet, and cracked the carbon fiber landing gear. I was able to fix it with some string and CA though.

In other news, my HK Slick will be delivered today. Can't wait to open the box and see what suprise HK has in store for me this time!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:52 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Bat View Post
Nice report Steve....

Wind was kinda deceptive today - 15mph on the deck but certainly was higher than that when up a 50-60 feet that's for sure....surprised about the edge needing any mix as I don't require it

Guess you must have been happy and relieved it came down in one piece because the wind sheer today was brutal for landing that's for sure......rudder slide and pray was about the only option...
Thanks,

The wind wasn't too bad, it had eased off a bit from earlier in the day. I found my Edge tended to roll upright without the mix. It's easy enough to compensate for it with your thumbs (maybe you are doing that without thinking?) but the mix makes is even easier, especially if your doing four point rolls and the like. I've yet to find a model that doesn't have at least some slight coupling in KE.

Post flight checks revealed all had stood up ok except that the tailwheel had worked loose where it bends and sticks into the rudder. I'll have to run some CA in there to lock it in place before the wire comes out the side of the rudder.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:00 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
I had a "rough" landing yesterday on my 48" MXS from a direct crosswind to my runway of about 10mph. I'm just not that good at crabbing a model plane yet, and cracked the carbon fiber landing gear. I was able to fix it with some string and CA though.

In other news, my HK Slick will be delivered today. Can't wait to open the box and see what suprise HK has in store for me this time!
Sorry to hear Gary - guess now know why was after some blue ultracote....

I think you should work on the old crabbing - rudder sliding as it does give you more flying days if can land in the wind....I was reluctant to do it to the edge at first - but now its second nature......I did some yesterday with an older set of eyes watching my technique and was sliding it 45 degrees to the wind direction to his approval