HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:45 AM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
For me I ordered the hK slick and the Domin8trix for A$285 delivered via EMS. Freight to the USA must be a lot more.

I looked into buying the 3dhs 51" slick and almost hit the buy button from ADC and the all up airframe plus freight came to USD324.

I'll give this orange slick a run and see how it flys. Build wise it cam together very nicely today, just got some servos to add and seal the surfaces and she is ready to fly.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 06:34 AM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janole View Post
I don't think it was a mistake, they aren't that stupid, this was a well thought out marketing ploy

looking forward to the video, but hope it isn't edited, raw footage of it is what people want to see, run 3 warm up flights and then a 5 min UN-edited flight
YOur hope for an unedited footage video is wasted. LIke I said before, I am going to fly it, edit out the dull stuff, make it only 4 minutes, and that is usually just enough to show all the manuevers. I will, however, take some of the advice from the other thread and be sure to show some uninterrupted harriers. in a sequence.

I have been through this discussion. If you actually expect a pilot or manufacturer to not make the plane look its best, your expectations are an exercise in futility. Personally, I just disagree with your position on a raw dull video from the manufaturers point of view. It would be fine for you and to dull for 95% of everyone else.

My suggestion is to sharpen your flying skills to a level that will get you a sponsor, do a couple videos, then sell them on the idea... IN the mean time, I will do my best to show the prowess of the plane.

Michael
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Feb 20, 2012, 06:40 AM
I like the violent stuff!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,184 Posts
I've had the pleasure and privilage to fly with AJ, Ben, Scott and the crew. And I regularly fly with 3DHS Team Pilots. I don't know everything, THEY do. I'm a highly skilled gopher. So you guys have a nice day and many happy landings to you all! And don't forget to shove the sticks in the corners!!!
Wingin' Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:19 AM
Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,303 Posts
I wonder if this slick will come to the USA warehouse. EMS shipping from HK to USA for this plane is $78 bucks.

For those who've already received theres, what shipping method did you use?

Also, still trying to figure out the servo hole dimensions. I have some of these I'd like to use:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...sec_17_4g.html
creapyd is offline Find More Posts by creapyd
Last edited by creapyd; Feb 20, 2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:26 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingin' Wayne View Post
I've had the pleasure and privilage to fly with AJ, Ben, Scott and the crew. And I regularly fly with 3DHS Team Pilots. I don't know everything, THEY do. I'm a highly skilled gopher. So you guys have a nice day and many happy landings to you all! And don't forget to shove the sticks in the corners!!!
Aren't all their videos raw and unedited?
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:55 AM
USA, WY, Cody
Joined Jan 2008
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
Aren't all their videos raw and unedited?
Relates to this thread how? Please keep to the OP's request...
wyo69cowboy is offline Find More Posts by wyo69cowboy
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo69cowboy View Post
It follows the discussion on video editing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
I have been through this discussion. If you actually expect a pilot or manufacturer to not make the plane look its best, your expectations are an exercise in futility. Personally, I just disagree with your position on a raw dull video from the manufaturers point of view. It would be fine for you and to dull for 95% of everyone else.

My suggestion is to sharpen your flying skills to a level that will get you a sponsor, do a couple videos, then sell them on the idea... IN the mean time, I will do my best to show the prowess of the plane.

Michael
Maybe you can ask Michael how his post relates also?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:57 AM
Currently flyin Crack Yak
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2006
364 Posts
Quote:
Thank you... We want any video about the plane at this point...
ryanotown22 is offline Find More Posts by ryanotown22
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:03 AM
USA, WY, Cody
Joined Jan 2008
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
It follows the discussion on video editing:

Maybe you can ask Michael how his post relates also?
Nonsense. Just leave it alone and quit cluttering up the thread. The other thread is still available for that.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:11 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Nonsense. Just leave it alone and quit cluttering up the thread. The other thread is still available for that.
So your suggesting that only some users, (mtwargo, janole) can discuss video types (unedited vs. raw)?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:14 AM
USA, WY, Cody
Joined Jan 2008
422 Posts
Man, you really can't give it a rest, can you?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:16 AM
Currently flyin Crack Yak
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2006
364 Posts
Please nobody respond to slickg66 let's get this thread back on target and only talk about the plane
ryanotown22 is offline Find More Posts by ryanotown22
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:17 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Man, you really can't give it a rest, can you?
I just don't appreciate your attempt to censor my question. It was pertinent to the discussion others were having regarding video. I didn't see you question them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanotown22 View Post
Please nobody respond to slickg66 let's get this thread back on target and only talk about the plane
I was posting regarding the discussion about video of the PLANE. What is your problem?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:18 AM
USA, WY, Cody
Joined Jan 2008
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanotown22 View Post
Agreed. Done.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:19 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,580 Posts
mtwargo is only responding to the requests and comments for un-edited videos. Regardless of what Michael produces, there will be some people that will not be satisfied. Even if it does the nicest KE spin and upright harriers.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk