Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:48 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSwede View Post
I went for the orange one. Thought it looked better.
Some people have no taste
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:51 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Thanks for the interest.. It's coming along slowly as i dont get much time during the week for building. I have thoroughly CA'ed all the joints around the motor box and landing gear and I've glued in the horizaontal stabiliser. Not much to take a photo of to be honest unless you are interested in a particular detail.

I've ordered up some ball joints and 2mm threaded solder connectors. Plan is to use the connectors and ball joints on the end of carbon rod pushrods. I'll see how this shapes up once i get to that part of the assembly. I'll see if i can get the surfaces hinged and servos installed tonight. The rudder servo I'll leave out of the tail until I'm sure the CG is looking ok. I've got Friday off so should be able to get it finished then.

Steve
Nice.I'm always interested in different build techniques and tips that can help or where I can give an opinion regarding building.So you possibly going the route of a pull-pull system for the rudder,depending on CG?
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Last edited by chop stiX; Mar 14, 2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:55 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Some people have no taste
lol Never i have the orange slick aswell.More striking color scheme.the blue is too bland IMO.sure the full size 360 is that scheme,but I think the orange looks hotter but hey each to their own.at the end of the day color doesn't make the plane.I must be honest that if the slick only came in the blue scheme i wouldnt have even considered it.it's to 1970 ish for me no disrespect to the older and wiser folk out here
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:02 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
...So you possibly going the route of a pull-pull system for the rudder,depending on CG?
Yes, if it looks tail heavy I'll go for pull-pull. Right now I dont expect it to be tail heavy but I'll keep my options open by not cutting the rudder servo opening until I've done a CG check.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:06 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Yes, if it looks tail heavy I'll go for pull-pull. Right now I dont expect it to be tail heavy but I'll keep my options open by not cutting the rudder servo opening until I've done a CG check.
cool.well when you have some time send a pic or 2 this way just to see.Any of the alignment issues mentioned before on the elevator stab?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:29 AM
Where's my orange kool-aid?
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Slick arrived damaged!!!

Man I must be jinxed! Ordered the Slick and the Skywing MXS and both arrived damaged!!!

For details of the MXS damage, see:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1188

As far as the Slick is concerned, the ply structures in the centre of the fuselage have broken/cracked and there is also a tear in the covering. I just can't believe how thin and flimsy the box was. The package had absolutedly NO side protection at all. The least HK could have done is to put a foam piece in the box. Am not impressed! I think the pictures says it all...

Have sent the pictures to HK and am interested to hear what they have to say...
xzuberance is offline Find More Posts by xzuberance
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:39 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
Dang you shouldn't have accepted the packages.sent them straight back.unlucky bud,This totally sucks I would do my nut.It's so wierd,cus mine was so well packed it felt like i was unpacking those plastic bubbles for ever
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:45 AM
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
Dang you shouldn't have accepted the packages.sent them straight back.unlucky bud,This totally sucks I would do my nut.It's so wierd,cus mine was so well packed it felt like i was unpacking those plastic bubbles for ever
Wasn't in a position to reject the package. I was going on holiday so I diverted this order to my office as I anticipated that it would arrive while I was away. Unfortunately, my colleagues at reception didn't know any better and took the parcel in.

Mine had plastic bubble protection on the top. It was the sides that had absolutely zero protection...
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:57 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
ahhh man.That's just unlucky.I had triple cardboard in my box if I remember correctly.was so excited to check it out i didn't take too much in
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:08 AM
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
There was certainly no double cardboard protection, let alone a triple cardboard protection. I suspect HK must have removed the extra protection (if there was indeed any) to stuff some other things I ordered into the box. The worse thing is, they added an extra box in my order when I added other things and they didn't even use it!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:12 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzuberance View Post
There was certainly no double cardboard protection, let alone a triple cardboard protection. I suspect HK must have removed the extra protection (if there was indeed any) to stuff some other things I ordered into the box. The worse thing is, they added an extra box in my order when I added other things and they didn't even use it!
That really does suck big time. Mine also had no double boxing (the box looked exactly like your's but without the dents). I was lucky and all was intact within. Maybe HK have had to minimise the packaging to keep weight down
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:23 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
Inertia x Girth / Mass = Spazmatic awesomeness
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:54 AM
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
So much for HK customer service! Cut me off and ended the chat session when the questions got too difficult... Shame! Here's the transcript of the chat...

You are now chatting with : Ivy (Customer Service)
Ivy: Thank you for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team. How may I help you?
You: Hi Ivy... I received one of my orders today and the plane's fuselage is broken
You: ORDER #200403533%u200B2
You: To see pics see: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1026
Ivy: One moment please.
Ivy: The parcel box seems damaged on arrival
You: yup
Ivy:
As your parcel box was damaged when it arrived, you are advised to open damage report with your local post and you will get a reference number for this from them. Please tell us the reference number so that we could open damage report with post.

You: What??? Don't understand what you're saying
You: what local post?
You: it appears to have come via a Singaporean shipping company
Ivy: Your parcel should be delivered by your local post
Ivy: It was sent via Singapore post
You: So how do I go about doing this and what will happen after that?
Ivy: After you open damage report with post, you will get a statement with reference number on it
Ivy: Please tell us the reference number then
Ivy: Our email is support@hobbyking.zendesk.com
You: and what happens after that?
You: I don't want to be caught in a situation where HK blames Australia POst and Australia POst denies anything
Ivy: Our shipping department will open damage report for you with Singapore post from our side then
You: Could you please tell me what would be the end result?
You: If everyone is talking about damage reports, how does this affect me? Will I get a replacement or is this going to end up being everybody blaming everybody and I'm left with a 3d plane that can't possibly 3d anymore because of a weakened fuselage
Ivy: When there is compensation from post for the item, we will update it in your order message then
You: So is HK now saying they are not going to accept responsibility for the damage?
You: I am currently running through Australia POst's website and can't find anything about reporting damaged parcels. Do you know where I can find it?
Ivy: As the item is damage in transit, the post will be responsible for it
You: Ok... now I have a 2 questions for you. (1) why wasn't the side of the box protected with foam, and (2) you included extra size cardboard box in my order but it wasn't used. Why? Some of the RCGroups members have told me their's came nicely protected. One guy said his was tripple boxed. Why was mine single boxed?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:08 AM
Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,304 Posts
Xzub. Issue a full credit card charge back with your CC company. it's easy and you don't loose any money. CC's are legally required to be on your side. That is really the only recourse we have against HK.

Do you have a picture of how the plane was situated in the box? I'm wondering if they removed structure from the box to fit your other items. Really if your ording a plane, you should order the plane and the equipement separately as there have been a few other cases of them "re-packageing" the plane and removing all of the padding / structure of the box to fit the other purchased items.
creapyd is offline Find More Posts by creapyd
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:21 AM
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Paid via paypal. Been trying to get a cs rep again and have been waiting for ages. Looks like they don't wanna answer the tough questions. Makes no difference that I'm a platinum member. I'm guessing this is going to be a blame passing situation and I'll be stuck without recourse.

Unfortunately this is the first time I'm experiencing poor cs from them. Have seen many complain about but never personally experienced it til now