Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:59 PM
Tree Trimmer
alex va.
Joined Oct 2008
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
The shape of the arm has no bearing on the servo travel, only the position of the linkage hole in relation to the output shaft. Just imagine a straight line from the shaft to the hole, this is the length of the moment arm in relation to the amount of force the servo can exert on the linkage. At neutral the position of the linkage along with the connecting rod should make a right angle to the servo output shaft. I don't know if I'm explaining this very clearly, if I could draw you a picture you would see what I'm saying and would understand why the shape of the arm dosn't matter, only the position of the hole for the linkage in relation to the output shaft and horn on the control surface. Picture this, if you drew lines from the output shaft to the hole in the end of the servo arm, from the hole in the servo arm to the hole in the control horn, and then from the hole in the control horn back to the servo output shaft this shape should be a right triangle where the right angle is at the hole in the end of the servo arm.
OK, that makes sense. I understand now. I will give it a try. Thanks for taking the time for such a detailed explanation.
bonner is offline Find More Posts by bonner
Old Mar 11, 2012, 09:02 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
Hey Losi,
Did you fly your HK Slick yet?
I got sick and the hospital charged me $7k ( i have no insurance)and I paid off my move back to the obx so I no longer have money to buy one my brother is looking at getting one though so I will build and fly it if he does
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Mar 11, 2012, 09:25 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,878 Posts
Oh, sorry to hear that Losi. What is OBX?
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Mar 11, 2012, 09:27 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,450 Posts
Outer Banks of North Carolina (the small sand bar on the coast) Its always windy here but the ocean is nice.
I do miss the calm winds and the mountains of SC though
Old Mar 11, 2012, 09:31 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,878 Posts
Yeah, I am down here in Pawleys Island (Just south of Myrtle Beach). I would love to be back in the western part of the state. I could have mountains, slope soaring, and less wind for 3D!
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Mar 11, 2012, 09:37 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,450 Posts
I was 20 minutes from Joe Nall and there are like 10 otehr flying feilds all within 30 minutes of where I lived. Flying there was the calmest winds I have ever flown in. Here on the outer banks its always blowing 20+ . On rare occasions you find a small window in the day where the wind drops to a managable speed to fly in
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:33 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
I last surf Outer Banks at the Lighthouse in 1999 during a late summer/early fall surf trip up and down the east coast. It's one beautiful place.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:36 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Joined Oct 2007
16,450 Posts
I have been on the outer banks most of my life. Moved away for a short while to Anderson SC (just south of Greenville SC) and came back in January
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:44 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I have been on the outer banks most of my life. Moved away for a short while to Anderson SC (just south of Greenville SC) and came back in January
Your are a lucky man ... after school I moved back to the concrete jungle called City of Angels.

OK! Got the wings to seat perfectly. I used the outline and trimmed away from the inside leaving enough cover to wrap around the recess then used the iron to seal it. Perfect!
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:57 PM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wblacker View Post
I think HK really needs to add some quick release wing nuts. BTW, how is there a limit to how many planes can fit in an SUV?
Jees got some plane?
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Mar 12, 2012, 01:06 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSwede View Post
Too late, Michael, I already ordered a Slick. With the servos Steve recommended.

Steve (JetPlaneFlyer), I'd be interested in knowing what and where you reinforced.

And I will hold you all personally responsible if it doesn't work out. No, of course I won't! I love the advice you guys are dispensing.
Ohh, the weight on my shoulders

My Slick is in Aberdeen (my home town) so if i can get the duty paid if may be delivered today, if not then tomorrow.

As for reinforcement the only 'beefing up' that I'm considering is the pushrods and possibly the landing gear plate. I fly from sports fields which can get quite cut up after games which is hard on landing gear. I'll probably shorten the motor box too but not to make it stronger, just to fit my Scorpion in.

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:11 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,648 Posts
I love the beach. Sunset Beach every year for us. June-July time frame for a week. Whole fam damily!
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:26 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
OK, that makes sense. I understand now. I will give it a try. Thanks for taking the time for such a detailed explanation.
Cool, hope it helps it work for you. It is rather weird why they made the arm that shape.
jetinteriorguy is online now Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy