New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:42 PM
erkq is online now
Find More Posts by erkq
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
10,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
JUst for the record guys... I was just sent a 48 inch superlight edge.. It is being built right now. I should have a video by the end of the week. So for all those interested in its performance...
Who makes it? Is it another HK?
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:49 PM
NJSwede is online now
Find More Posts by NJSwede
3D Wannabe
NJSwede's Avatar
United States, NJ, Mendham Township
Joined Jul 2011
872 Posts
Too late, Michael, I already ordered a Slick. With the servos Steve recommended.

Steve (JetPlaneFlyer), I'd be interested in knowing what and where you reinforced.

And I will hold you all personally responsible if it doesn't work out. No, of course I won't! I love the advice you guys are dispensing.
NJSwede is online now Find More Posts by NJSwede
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:51 PM
bigroger is offline
Find More Posts by bigroger
Just flitting about!!
bigroger's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
JUst for the record guys... I was just sent a 48 inch superlight edge.. It is being built right now. I should have a video by the end of the week. So for all those interested in its performance...
So which one is it Michael?

Is it the one with the curved up wing tips as in; http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...%5FARF%5F.html
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:52 PM
chopper62 is offline
Find More Posts by chopper62
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
1,580 Posts
Got home from Vegas and started the assembly. So far the only hiccups were: (1) wing tabs to the fuse. Both holes were off so I had to enlogated the holes to so they line up with the blind nuts, and (2) one of the four servos stuck solid. Upon opening of the case, I discovered one of the gear broke or the two pieces of a gear came apart. No big deal as I decided to use the 5065MGs for the ail and delegated the 2216MG to the elev and rudd.

... and dummie me, I forgot to add the motor mount when I purchased the HK Slick so now I'm waiting for it to come.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:56 PM
bigroger is offline
Find More Posts by bigroger
Just flitting about!!
bigroger's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper62 View Post
Got home from Vegas and started the assembly. So far the only hiccups were: (1) wing tabs to the fuse. Both holes were off so I had to enlogated the holes to so they line up with the blind nuts, and (2) one of the four servos stuck solid. Upon opening of the case, I discovered one of the gear broke or the two pieces of a gear came apart. No big deal as I decided to use the 5065MGs for the ail and delegated the 2216MG to the elev and rudd.

... and dummie me, I forgot to add the motor mount when I purchased the HK Slick so now I'm waiting for it to come.
Chopper, for the wings, the covering where they insert is supposed to be cut off to create an elongated opening and the wing drops into the recess. I had the same issue at the start with the blind nut not lining up, after cutting the covering away the wings slot right in.

What motor mount are you referring to? Is it the cross mount for a NTM motor or something?
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:27 PM
mtwargo is offline
Find More Posts by mtwargo
PA Team Pilot
mtwargo's Avatar
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,673 Posts
This one....
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...%5FKit%5F.html
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:40 PM
chopper62 is offline
Find More Posts by chopper62
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
Chopper, for the wings, the covering where they insert is supposed to be cut off to create an elongated opening and the wing drops into the recess. I had the same issue at the start with the blind nut not lining up, after cutting the covering away the wings slot right in.

What motor mount are you referring to? Is it the cross mount for a NTM motor or something?
Oops! Yes ... I can feel the recess. Turnigy motor. Thanks.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:43 PM
bildo baggins is offline
Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Registered User
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
15,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
Standing by on that one cuz. I ain't got no Edge action
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:05 PM
hone1er is online now
Find More Posts by hone1er
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
So which one is it Michael?

Is it the one with the curved up wing tips as in; http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...%5FARF%5F.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
Wow 100 grams lighter than the previous one with a larger wingspan. Maybe juuust maybe.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:06 PM
hone1er is online now
Find More Posts by hone1er
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,328 Posts
/\/\ and you can get it from the US warehouse
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:08 PM
losifanatic is offline
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,493 Posts
flat tail surfaces though thats why I like this slick "airfoiled"
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:08 PM
jetinteriorguy is online now
Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Registered User
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
Don't know why the the extension arms are so curved. The servos are at their center point in the pictures. Hate to change the servos travel with sub trim or by moving the the arm a couple of clicks just to center the end of the arm. That would restrict the travel of the servo in one direction. Oh well, we will figure it out.
The shape of the arm has no bearing on the servo travel, only the position of the linkage hole in relation to the output shaft. Just imagine a straight line from the shaft to the hole, this is the length of the moment arm in relation to the amount of force the servo can exert on the linkage. At neutral the position of the linkage along with the connecting rod should make a right angle to the servo output shaft. I don't know if I'm explaining this very clearly, if I could draw you a picture you would see what I'm saying and would understand why the shape of the arm dosn't matter, only the position of the hole for the linkage in relation to the output shaft and horn on the control surface. Picture this, if you drew lines from the output shaft to the hole in the end of the servo arm, from the hole in the servo arm to the hole in the control horn, and then from the hole in the control horn back to the servo output shaft this shape should be a right triangle where the right angle is at the hole in the end of the servo arm.
jetinteriorguy is online now Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:09 PM
YellowJacketsRC is offline
Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
They Call him Dead!
YellowJacketsRC's Avatar
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,881 Posts
Micheal, you starting a thread on that Edge?
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:27 PM
wblacker is offline
Find More Posts by wblacker
Registered User
wblacker's Avatar
USA, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Jun 2008
436 Posts
I think HK really needs to add some quick release wing nuts. BTW, how is there a limit to how many planes can fit in an SUV?
wblacker is offline Find More Posts by wblacker
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:38 PM
NJSwede is online now
Find More Posts by NJSwede
3D Wannabe
NJSwede's Avatar
United States, NJ, Mendham Township
Joined Jul 2011
872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wblacker View Post
I think HK really needs to add some quick release wing nuts. BTW, how is there a limit to how many planes can fit in an SUV?
I just showed that picture to my wife and told her "Look, honey! It could be soooo much worse!"
NJSwede is online now Find More Posts by NJSwede
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Official-Twisted Hobbys Extra Slick 32" Slickinsaneness Build/Fly Thread Tom K. 3D Foamies 1372 Aug 01, 2015 11:19 AM
New Product Turnigy SLICK 3D 1.3M -HOBBYKING Official Build Thread will3d4food 3D Flying 1978 Jun 24, 2015 01:26 PM
Discussion Official Hobbyking 720p HD Camera Thread jaskel FPV Equipment 532 May 17, 2015 11:58 AM
New Product HK DuraFly Micro Slick 360 2S - Official Thread will3d4food Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 879 Feb 28, 2015 11:14 AM
Build Log The Official Raven 3M build thread has begun. Windependence Sailplane Talk 1560 Oct 24, 2014 11:58 PM