to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:08 PM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by long leng View Post
there was a surprise promised.....where is it?
hehehe all in good time Just been lank busy at graft and haven't even taken her out the box yet
but all I can say, it's going to be wicked
hmmmmmm "warrenty replacement parts" I think I will try that on the next order and see,though I'm not too sure if it will make a diffrence in this useless place.i think our customs officers pick their noses and then decide on duty.because a while ago we pd R80(about $10) for a 2 kg parcel with some lipo's and servo's ect in.The duty foe the slick(HUGE box) was like R68( about $8) so there's no consistancy here EVER.but hey I'm definitely not complaining now
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:56 PM
Tree Trimmer
alex va.
Joined Oct 2008
574 Posts
No problem with the SK3- 3548 motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by creapyd View Post
It's not the mount that's the issue. it's the distance from the motor mount to the front of the cowl. apparently a 3548 motor will stick out the front of the plane by about 10 mm meaning the spinner gap will be quite ridiculous.
This might be old news but, tonight my buddy and I dried fitted a Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 3548-840kv Brushless Outrunner Motor with the X mount and a great planes spinner and it looks just about perfect! I still have at least 2 mm over hang for the canopy to slip under. So plenty of room for the cowling bolts. The wings fit perfectly with no gap along the fuselage . Will provide pictures as soon as the builds are complete. We each have one. Its a very good looking plane sitting beside my 51" AJ Slick.
bonner is offline Find More Posts by bonner
Old Mar 09, 2012, 12:16 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
This might be old news but, tonight my buddy and I dried fitted a Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 3548-840kv Brushless Outrunner Motor with the X mount and a great planes spinner and it looks just about perfect!
This is good news!.. Strange though how we seem to be getting totally inconsistent information from those who have the Slick.. Long leng for instance fitted a 52mm long Hacker motor and took photos (posted earlier in the thread) of the prop adapter sticking out by at least 10mm and the cowl as far forward as it could go. Now your 49mm long motor reportedly fits fine with 2mm of cowl to spare?.. how can this be? I wonder if the design has been changed in later delivery versions?.. Seems unlikely but there has to be some explanation.

You didn't by any change use a spinner that extends back behind the rear on the prop did you?.. Some spinner designs do this.

If UK customs ever release my Slick i will be able to see for myself, this is the fifth day they have been sitting on it
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Mar 09, 2012, 12:30 AM
Now, what does this button do?
Christchurch. NZ
Joined Dec 2009
512 Posts
Quote:
this is the fifth day they have been sitting on it
Not in the literal sense I hope!
Nukiwi is offline Find More Posts by Nukiwi
Old Mar 09, 2012, 12:55 AM
Tree Trimmer
alex va.
Joined Oct 2008
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanotown22 View Post
Yes I did. The wood seems really soft there after diagnosing
See report 669 page 45. The tite bond really works great. I use it on all my ARF's before the maiden. Goes on so easy, you can do A whole slick in 15 minutes. Really strengthens up the air frame and motor box! Dries clear,light, looks good and very strong!
bonner is offline Find More Posts by bonner
Old Mar 09, 2012, 01:21 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukiwi View Post
Not in the literal sense I hope!
Though it wouldnt surpise me if that exactly what they had been doing

having to pay $75 duty on a box of match sticks really would be the final straw.....
Old Mar 09, 2012, 01:57 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Though it wouldnt surpise me if that exactly what they had been doing

having to pay $75 duty on a box of match sticks really would be the final straw.....
hahahaha gosh JPF i just lol'd so loud at that comment now
I'm sure your slick should arrive soon
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Mar 09, 2012, 04:45 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
This is good news!.. Strange though how we seem to be getting totally inconsistent information from those who have the Slick.. Long leng for instance fitted a 52mm long Hacker motor and took photos (posted earlier in the thread) of the prop adapter sticking out by at least 10mm and the cowl as far forward as it could go. Now your 49mm long motor reportedly fits fine with 2mm of cowl to spare?.. how can this be? I wonder if the design has been changed in later delivery versions?.. Seems unlikely but there has to be some explanation.

You didn't by any change use a spinner that extends back behind the rear on the prop did you?.. Some spinner designs do this.

If UK customs ever release my Slick i will be able to see for myself, this is the
fifth day they have been sitting on it
Perhaps the base of the prop adapter on the Hacker is thicker, making the gap appear bigger.
jetinteriorguy is online now Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Mar 09, 2012, 06:09 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
Perhaps the base of the prop adapter on the Hacker is thicker, making the gap appear bigger.
The Hacker prop adapter is 10mm deep (I know because I have one). I have come accross some that are a little thinner. This may explain some of the difference but i cant see how it could explain all of it. On Long Leng's photos the actual end of the Hacker motor was protruding through the cowl slightly and the cowl was as far forward as possible without exposing the firewall.. See for yourself: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=152

It will all become clear to me one mine arrives (still not moved from customs)
Old Mar 09, 2012, 07:20 AM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
waiting can be something.....

hmmm, i have mentioned that i could have moved the canopy a little more foreward. the overleap of the canopy to the fuse is about 7-8 mm, so 4 mm more forward would be possible.

hey guys, just had a 3 and a half minute flight with the slick. and i have a big surprise for you.....just need to edit
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng
Old Mar 09, 2012, 08:29 AM
Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,304 Posts
I just got a notice that the Orange is back in stock again? I thought HK said they wouldn't be ordering any more of those.
creapyd is online now Find More Posts by creapyd
Old Mar 09, 2012, 08:31 AM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by creapyd View Post
I just got a notice that the Orange is back in stock again? I thought HK said they wouldn't be ordering any more of those.
Does it really matter???
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
Old Mar 09, 2012, 08:39 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by long leng View Post
waiting can be something.....

hmmm, i have mentioned that i could have moved the canopy a little more foreward. the overleap of the canopy to the fuse is about 7-8 mm, so 4 mm more forward would be possible.

hey guys, just had a 3 and a half minute flight with the slick. and i have a big surprise for you.....just need to edit
Enough teasing already! Post it
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 09, 2012, 09:08 AM
Currently flyin Crack Yak
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2006
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
Enough teasing already! Post it
wait its a 3 1/2 minute flight the suprise is that it crashed and didn't go 5 minutes.
ryanotown22 is offline Find More Posts by ryanotown22