HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:58 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Must be X-mas today ... the other toy from PA just got delivered from the brown shirt gentleman.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:14 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper62 View Post
For those who are apprehensive and/or worry about the Chinese cardboard boxes, the packaging and shipping ... not to worry. Mine came neatly and tightly packaged with no moving parts inside the box.

I am very impress with the workmanship and quality of the covering.
Did you order a motor or other items with the airplane, or was that packaging just for the airplane?
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:20 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Gary, that packaging is how it comes.

I got mine as just the arf no gear and it was packaged exactly the same.

Very solid and well protected. (In fact better than my 42" 3dhs slick was packaged).
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:26 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
Did you order a motor or other items with the airplane, or was that packaging just for the airplane?
Everything except battery. I'm going to look at the motor box and fuse and then review the posts by Mr. Rican and Ryanotown to see where I need to re-enforce for better structure integritybutr not to make it heavy.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:28 PM
Currently flyin Crack Yak
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2006
364 Posts
Quote:
Everything except battery. I'm going to look at the motor box and fuse and then review the posts by Mr. Rican and Ryanotown to see where I need to re-enforce for better structure integrity.
I put thin CA anywhere I could reach. Maybe drop some epoxy into the landing gear area.

I also agree the packaging was top notch
ryanotown22 is offline Find More Posts by ryanotown22
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:31 PM
Joined Jul 2006
364 Posts
HK slick waiting for the me to repair it . Now I just think in my head it has retractable landing gear or a really big foamy. I got the Orange Buck today at 2pm and finished building it at 5pm not too bad it went together really easy.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:31 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanotown22 View Post
I put thin CA anywhere I could reach. Maybe drop some epoxy into the landing gear area.

I also agree the packaging was top notch
Thanks.

Gary, how bas was the wind in Vegas today? I'm watching the news and saw that all flights into Vegas were diverted to Ontario, California. Hopefully no wind this weekend for the heli fun fly at Bennett Field.

The HK Slick most likely be ready in two weeks. I need to finish the SAB Goblin for Vegas demo, then finish the PA Addicition and finally the Extra 260 which I took out the entire front section from hitting a desert bush on approach.
Last edited by chopper62; Mar 06, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:41 PM
Joined Jul 2006
364 Posts
Winds were horrible in Phoenix today no flying
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:44 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Thanks.

Gary, how bas was the wind in Vegas today? I'm watching the news and saw that all flights into Vegas were diverted to Ontario, California. Hopefully no wind this weekend for the heli fun fly at Bennett Field.

The HK Slick most likely be ready in two weeks. I need to finish the SAB Goblin for Vegas demo, then finish the PA Addicition and finally the Extra 260 which I took out the entire front section from hitting a desert bush on approach.
While I was at work, I went up to the tower to see what the winds were, and we had continuous winds well over 30 knots, and the highest gust when I left at 5 was 55kts. So, it was really windy. I hadn't heard about the McCarran diverts tho, thats a big deal! Diverts cost the airlines tons of money, and Ontario is nowhere near as big.
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:04 PM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
There was nothing to fix with mine. I just pulled the legs back straight and all was good to go again.

Skywing MXS, I've wrecked one so far, have a new one ready to fly and two more spares under the bed for storage. Why do you ask? Is it a sin to fly low and at the edge of my abilities?
oh ok coolio.lol no sin at all I love to sin that's what it's about in this 3d business....down low and slow.Was just wondering,in some of your way previous comments it sounded like You've wrecked a few,wanted to ask then already.lol
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:06 PM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by long leng View Post
surprise?
come on....show it please!!!
Hold om for a moment there MR Long
Just a few changes to the look of my Slick 360
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:16 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
oh ok coolio.lol no sin at all I love to sin that's what it's about in this 3d business....down low and slow.Was just wondering,in some of your way previous comments it sounded like You've wrecked a few,wanted to ask then already.lol
My wrecking rate has reduce dramatically over the last two months. I guess its the learning factor and knowing when enough is enough.

Practice always helps but I've only destroyed one balsa so far and that was the 42" 3dhs slick. It was during a hover that caught the wind and I over corrected it nose down into the ground. Box of toothpicks afterwards.

I do have to make a bit more hanger space though, might have to wreck (practice fast and low) a few more planes.

Pity I live away from the big smoke. Not many 3D flyers in my area so not much chance to sell the airframes that I don't fly.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:23 PM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
Oh I see.so basically out in the sticks I have been lucky(touch wood) I have not wrecked too many planes while learning to fly 3d,but I have to say,I have an extremely good mentor,whom has taught me well and made me cautious,otherwise I would have prob been flying paperplanes only by now,cus I would be bankrupt awaiting some batts for my AMR...HK has been abit slow the last while,but no need to b*tch about great product at dirt cheap prices that take a little longer to dispatch
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:27 PM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
sorry about this guys.oops got a PM from admin asking to remove.was meant as a joke,not to offend anyone.
I apologize
Last edited by chop stiX; Mar 07, 2012 at 02:59 AM.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:41 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
Guys off topic completely I know but received this mail and just had to share
Stupid question, BEST response ever...!!
This is GREAT! My dad was a pacifist and a crack-shot. He loved competitive shooting and taught me how to handle a gun. He felt it important I know and respect firearms and have the training to be safe. Some people are so ignorant about this.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq