SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:41 PM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Great vid Michael.but when you say " It was really an awesome 3d plane."
did you toast it??Wierd that I haven't seen it on the new items page.must have missed it
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:45 PM
Tree Trimmer
alex va.
Joined Oct 2008
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
Hey guys... Here's a great new plane from HK... I just finished the video... It is the Votec. It was really an awesome 3d plane.

http://youtu.be/DZA3CaIMBfw
Kinda reminds me of Value Hobby's 51" Sabre X. The battery tray for example looks ID to the Sabre X, but I'm sure it's just coincidental, not trying to start anything. lol.
bonner is offline Find More Posts by bonner
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:19 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
Wierd that I haven't seen it on the new items page.must have missed it
Because it's not so new, it's been available for around a year: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Seems to fly good but the landing gear mounting appears to be weak. Most owners seem to report it ripping out after a few flights.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:26 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
lol oh ok.hehe Thanx Steve
Anyone do any new vids?
haven't flown my Slickeroo for about 3 weeks now,but think she must taste some sky on Sunday
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:07 AM
Get ya Alpha up
Australia, WA, Mandurah
Joined Mar 2012
378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Because it's not so new, it's been available for around a year: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Seems to fly good but the landing gear mounting appears to be weak. Most owners seem to report it ripping out after a few flights.
Oh, must be taking up space in warehouses then...lol. When he says "an awesome 3D model" it's code for please buy it so the powers that be get off my back.... No offense Michael, you have a job to do.....
Hoverin is offline Find More Posts by Hoverin
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:22 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,497 Posts
Quote:

I poured epoxy in my landing gear area. It broke once, but it was more of a crack or slight shatter in the corner. I came straight down hard from a failed low knife edge attempt. I thought the plane was done, but I simply pressed the shattered bit back in place, then filled with more epoxy.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:00 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
I poured epoxy in my landing gear area. .
On the Votec?

I dont think the Slick needs it. It's pretty strong out of the box if you just run some CA in the joints.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:08 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Looks nicely locked in on all those KE's. Pop-tops looked su-weet and harriers looked stable. But I didn't see the more demanding 3D stuff. For example I didn't see a KE spin. I saw what looked like an attempt at 2:44 but it was pretty ugly.

Oh, I LOVE the paint job!
No... it did the KE spins just fine... They are just throw the sticks forward stuff and I don"t really like that stuff as much so I didn't think it was interesting enough to leave in. the one there was for timing I think. I probably should have done a full long one. My fault. The tumbling is just not that much fun to do, so I generally don't think it is that interesting for you guys. The low slow stuff really shows off the airplane's capabilities.
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:20 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,420 Posts
Also, the truth is guys, this plane surprised the heck out of me. Lookat the rolling stuff, it was very light compared to others... and I kept saying holy crap the whole first flight... Really. I had a lot of reservations when I opened the box, but man it shocked me... For all its worth,I like it better than the slick.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:31 PM
Santi
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Also, the truth is guys, this plane surprised the heck out of me. Lookat the rolling stuff, it was very light compared to others... and I kept saying holy crap the whole first flight... Really. I had a lot of reservations when I opened the box, but man it shocked me... For all its worth,I like it better than the slick.
It looked more responsive and floaty in the video...

You have any information on the new slick?
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:33 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,290 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for responding. Yes, it looks very good except for what I noted. The rollers did look great, but I figured that could just be your skill. The other "locked in" stuff is hard to fake.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:20 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,497 Posts
Quote:
On the Votec?

I dont think the Slick needs it. It's pretty strong out of the box if you just run some CA in the joints.
My bad. I thought you were talking about the slick.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:25 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,440 Posts
Quote:
They are just throw the sticks forward stuff and I don"t really like that stuff as much so I didn't think it was interesting enough to leave in. the one there was for timing I think.
We're not all as good as you. I like to see KE spins in, as well as walls, elevators, harriers. Might be because I don't know as much as you do either.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:16 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
We're not all as good as you. I like to see KE spins in, as well as walls, elevators, harriers. Might be because I don't know as much as you do either.
Thanks for the note... Bottom line is when I am in video mode, I pay more attention to things that really show off the precision and control of the plane like single rolling circles or things like that. But if you guys want to see walls, KE spins and things like that, I will be glad to put them in. Next vid is a new one of the Turning trix. The first vid was only 3 minutes of footage before a mechanical malfunnction. They sent another one. When I finish it, I will do the video, and I will take your advice.

Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:18 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,628 Posts
Mike,
I think your flying this HK gear too hard... Didn't you just have a mechanical with one of your last videos?
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes