SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:47 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,525 Posts
Does anyone know of a suitable replacement to the landing gear? I really like the aluminum gear, but it's bent beyond what I can "unbend". I wouldn't mind having a set or two laying around.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:14 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by furballll View Post
chop what radio did you fry and how exactly?
Sanwa RD8000 with Corona 2.4 Module
it's easy,over eagerness and impatience....
I went for a fly at the school close to my house on Mondy arvie after work with my addy,bout 3*4 through my 1st flight,my TX started beeping for low battery(I run a 2500maH 3s Zippy lipo)so had the idea to stick the lipo out my 2610 in it just so I could carry on flying.Thought I checked the connectors were the rifgt way,but the polarities are obviously reversed....and poof
I've sent it in to the JR agent here in SA,Fortunately he's close to me and I've known him for years,so waiting to hear if he can repair it.I've been fortunate that a mate helped me out with a DX7 for very cheap.almost a steal.so just need to get a few RX's and then I can start over.Anyone using orange RX's?so many mixed reports.
I just want to get 2 RX's this week so I can fly Slickerooo and mu BFU the wkd.
yes please say it....I D I OT !!!!!
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:15 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
Does anyone know of a suitable replacement to the landing gear? I really like the aluminum gear, but it's bent beyond what I can "unbend". I wouldn't mind having a set or two laying around.
I have a solution.Land softer hehehe
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:52 AM
fly the best
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Apr 2010
174 Posts
Look what came in the mail today...
sharkforce is offline Find More Posts by sharkforce
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:13 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Nice sharkforce.
are you going to do the rudder mod?
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:18 AM
fly the best
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Apr 2010
174 Posts
maybe. I'm not sure how to install & build it though. is it just a larger rudder that needs to be cut out, glued together and covered? what supplies are needed to complete that rudder design?
sharkforce is offline Find More Posts by sharkforce
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:24 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkforce View Post
maybe. I'm not sure how to install & build it though. is it just a larger rudder that needs to be cut out, glued together and covered? what supplies are needed to complete that rudder design?
Here are the plane Steve aka jetplaneflier so kindly made for us.you'll need balsa some ply and CA and epoxy and some covering ofcourse.
be sure to print the plan at 100% it fit on an A3
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:28 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,163 Posts
If you do build the rudder best to use the latest version of the drawing which has a few small improvements based on findings during building:

New drawings were posted a few pages back: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4481
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:43 AM
Get ya Alpha up
Australia, WA, Mandurah
Joined Mar 2012
387 Posts
Hey all, just got back from my second outing with the Slick. Unfortunately sourcing a videographer has alluded me thus far...
The first outing was a nervous trim n setup but the second was a relaxed awesome fly and I have total confidence in it.
I was harriering low n slow with absolute confidence, turning etc. The only time a wing even looked like dropping was because of my heavy rudder thumb. I can't compare the old rudder to the new coz I never flew with it, but this plane is 100 times better flyer than anything I have (not that I have anything to write home about). Thanks Steve for the rudder and I'm looking at a reserve airframe
Hoverin is offline Find More Posts by Hoverin
Last edited by Hoverin; Dec 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:31 AM
fly low, fly fast, fly 3d
United Kingdom, England, Luton
Joined Dec 2011
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
I went for a fly at the school close to my house on Mondy arvie after work with my addy,bout 3*4 through my 1st flight,my TX started beeping for low battery(I run a 2500maH 3s Zippy lipo)so had the idea to stick the lipo out my 2610 in it just so I could carry on flying.Thought I checked the connectors were the rifgt way,but the polarities are obviously reversed....and poof
I've sent it in to the JR agent here in SA,Fortunately he's close to me and I've known him for years,so waiting to hear if he can repair it.I've been fortunate that a mate helped me out with a DX7 for very cheap.almost a steal.so just need to get a few RX's and then I can start over.Anyone using orange RX's?so many mixed reports.
i run orange rx's in my ef extra they have work perfectly
nathan100 is offline Find More Posts by nathan100
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:51 AM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
I used the orange rx's on small foamy's with no issues, however, like all cheap products, I shy away from using them in anything I care about... I've seen many that work perfectly, and a few that have failed. When it comes to servos and rx's, I don't take any shortcuts. You should be fine using one though.
DaaBears is online now Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:30 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverin View Post
Hey all, just got back from my second outing with the Slick. Unfortunately sourcing a videographer has alluded me thus far...
The first outing was a nervous trim n setup but the second was a relaxed awesome fly and I have total confidence in it.
Great that it's flying well. I had mine out again this week and I'm now sure that the big rudder has no adverse effects at all. First time I tried the big rudder my pop-tops were poor but that was just my timing, they were fine this time.
For a plane with no SFG's the HK slick is great in KE. Say it in hushed tones but IMHO it's actually better than the AJ Slick in KE. The AJ will snap out of KE if you apply too much rudder, the HK Slick is more predictable, KE loops are a breeze.
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:38 PM
United States, MA, Sterling
Joined Sep 2009
409 Posts
Anybody have any know how if this slick is as good as the HK one?

http://www.valuehobby.com/57in-elect...dy-to-fly.html
Beancounter is online now Find More Posts by Beancounter
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:47 PM
"Get off the runway!"
United States, TX, Hutto
Joined May 2012
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
Anybody have any know how if this slick is as good as the HK one?

http://www.valuehobby.com/57in-elect...dy-to-fly.html
Good price and has air-foiled tail feathers.......8 inch bigger wingspan. For less money.
If it can be kept at 5 lbs., it should fly well. This should be interesting..
Da Big_G is online now Find More Posts by Da Big_G
Last edited by Da Big_G; Dec 10, 2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:23 AM
Get ya Alpha up
Australia, WA, Mandurah
Joined Mar 2012
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
I used the orange rx's on small foamy's with no issues, however, like all cheap products, I shy away from using them in anything I care about... I've seen many that work perfectly, and a few that have failed. When it comes to servos and rx's, I don't take any shortcuts. You should be fine using one though.
I'm exactly the same UC, although I'm slowly moving closer to trusting them. It would be a very interesting read (maybe already out) of a decent controlled unbiased test between the 2 as I can't help wondering if the "fails" from the oranges wouldn't of happened with the real deal (barring internal failure of course),
as I haven't seen much of that from Spektrum, except the AR500 thing a couple years back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Great that it's flying well. I had mine out again this week and I'm now sure that the big rudder has no adverse effects at all. First time I tried the big rudder my pop-tops were poor but that was just my timing, they were fine this time.
For a plane with no SFG's the HK slick is great in KE. Say it in hushed tones but IMHO it's actually better than the AJ Slick in KE. The AJ will snap out of KE if you apply too much rudder, the HK Slick is more predictable, KE loops are a breeze.
Agreed, this plane loves KE, I even managed to start my KE mixing last outing, (only have 3 batteries for it ATM, on the X-mas list) in fact until you get into the higher alpha KE the coupling is almost non-existent, I nearly wasn't going to worry about it... All this with a slight warp in the badly made rudder of mine...
Hoverin is offline Find More Posts by Hoverin