SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:05 PM
Get ya Alpha up
Australia, WA, Mandurah
Joined Mar 2012
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by auer640 View Post
I got the 4250-720KV motor mounted that weekend and made a testflight yesterday afternoon. Motor seems to outperform the NTM4238-750 a bit. It's quiter (guess, it has better bearings) and also it seem that is is more powerful.

I measured the AMP-draw of the motor: 50,65A max => 734W on 14,5V
RPM measured from my Robbe-Roxxy 9600-6: 8754rpm

The NTM only draw 43-45Amps. It seems that the motor is also more efficient. But I can only say more after some test flights.

For the length and weight of the motor:
- Actually I have a gap of about 4mm between spinner and coiling.
- To reach the right CG, I had to move the Lipo's 3cm backwards, that's all.
- Total weight with Lipo is 1680g => OK, or?

edit: Motor pic's added and repaird rudder with Oracover Orange 21-060. The oracover seems to fit on the foto, but in reality it is a bit darker.

br,
Chris
That spinner gaps not too bad Chris, wouldn't want it much more though.
I weighed my Slick and all up with battery is 1638gms.
I missed the bit about your rudder, why did you repair it? and should have taken the opportunity to fit the Steve Bage special rudder....
Hoverin is offline Find More Posts by Hoverin
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:43 AM
Austria, Tir., Innsbruck
Joined Sep 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverin View Post
That spinner gaps not too bad Chris, wouldn't want it much more though.
I weighed my Slick and all up with battery is 1638gms.
I missed the bit about your rudder, why did you repair it? and should have taken the opportunity to fit the Steve Bage special rudder....
I also thought that i leave the spinner as it is. While flying you didn't see the 4mm gap.
The Rudder was cracked in the top end while a car transport => I moved the driver-seat backward after my wife used my car and forgot about the plane in the back. I only made a quick-fix of the damaged rudder. Maybe i'll think of the bigger rudder later on.

What advantage has the "Steve Bage special rudder"?

br
auer640 is offline Find More Posts by auer640
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:32 AM
Get ya Alpha up
Australia, WA, Mandurah
Joined Mar 2012
387 Posts
Quote:
I also thought that i leave the spinner as it is. While flying you didn't see the 4mm gap.
The Rudder was cracked in the top end while a car transport => I moved the driver-seat backward after my wife used my car and forgot about the plane in the back. I only made a quick-fix of the damaged rudder. Maybe i'll think of the bigger rudder later on.

What advantage has the "Steve Bage special rudder"?

br
Chris, The "Steve Bage special rudder" all but eliminates wing rock during upright harriers. If you go back a few pages Steve posted a video of the results. I'm waiting for severe storms to clear so I can get out and get a video of my improved Slick....
At least we know now that the Oracover orange 21-060 isn't the one....
Has anyone else done the mod and has a video to share???
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:49 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Still want to do the mod,but don't have the darn time.Since Mr idiot here fried his radio on monday,so I've got to get a new one now.which means,other RX's and basicaly remaidening all my planes do all the setups from scratch
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:05 AM
Austria, Tir., Innsbruck
Joined Sep 2012
23 Posts
Extra 330SC question

Hi guys,
other topic but also a HK-Plane: What do you think about the following Extra 330SC?
I do have some Turnigy 5000 6S Lipos from my T-Rex 600 which would fit. Also a 100A Robbe-Roxxy ESC is waiting for a new challenge.
Alternativley I'm thinking of a Hyperion Pitts Samson 70E, which is a bit more expensive (but really beautiful).

The Extra seems to be a larger copy from the Hyperion 330SC 35E which is no longer available.

Or do you have a good hint for a 6S-5000mah Plane?

br,
Chris
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:34 AM
Get ya Alpha up
Australia, WA, Mandurah
Joined Mar 2012
387 Posts
Quote:
Hi guys,
other topic but also a HK-Plane: What do you think about the following Extra 330SC?
I do have some Turnigy 5000 6S Lipos from my T-Rex 600 which would fit. Also a 100A Robbe-Roxxy ESC is waiting for a new challenge.
br,
Chris
I've been eyeing this one too. I like it a lot, good reviews nice size. Looks like 8s would be better but 6s would work.Get it
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:55 AM
Austria, Tir., Innsbruck
Joined Sep 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverin View Post
I've been eyeing this one too. I like it a lot, good reviews nice size. Looks like 8s would be better but 6s would work.Get it
Maybe there is someone who can provide a review with some pictures on the 1,65m Extra (a new thread would be also ok).

br,
Chris
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:24 AM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,516 Posts
I am curious to hear others' thoughts on a rudder mod v. vortex generators.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:01 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,213 Posts
Quote:
Hi guys,
Alternativley I'm thinking of a Hyperion Pitts Samson 70E, which is a bit more expensive (but really beautiful).

The Extra seems to be a larger copy from the Hyperion 330SC 35E which is no longer available.

Or do you have a good hint for a 6S-5000mah Plane?

br,
Chris
Extra 35e is a sweeeeeet flyer, and the Hyperion motor is one of the best motors I have owned. You might try allerc.com to see if they would ship it to Europe. The 65" Extra on HK site definitely comes from Haikong Model who does OEM for Hyperion, the quality of Haikong is topnotch. I think Haikong also do OEM for one of the top 3D brands.
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:13 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
I am curious to hear others' thoughts on a rudder mod v. vortex generators.

The rudder works to much reduce/eliminate harrier wing rock, tried and tested.. The advantage of VG's on 3d models is open to debate.

But there is nothing preventing you using both
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:14 PM
Austria, Tir., Innsbruck
Joined Sep 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_TT View Post
Extra 35e is a sweeeeeet flyer, and the Hyperion motor is one of the best motors I have owned. You might try allerc.com to see if they would ship it to Europe. The 65" Extra on HK site definitely comes from Haikong Model who does OEM for Hyperion, the quality of Haikong is topnotch. I think Haikong also do OEM for one of the top 3D brands.
Seems, that Haikong also made the Pitts Python from HK. Allerc is no option for me, as Hyperion.eu brings the flyers and motors to europe. Is Haikong also building the HK-Slick?

Chris
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:15 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
Since Mr idiot here fried his radio on monday,so I've got to get a new one now.which means,other RX's and basicaly remaidening all my planes do all the setups from scratch
Doh!
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:00 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,213 Posts
Quote:
Seems, that Haikong also made the Pitts Python from HK. Allerc is no option for me, as Hyperion.eu brings the flyers and motors to europe. Is Haikong also building the HK-Slick?

Chris
No idea on the Slick. I like the Pitts Python too! Too many good choices but not making enough money.

Hint: I should spend less time on RCG and work harder.....
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:38 PM
lost in the addiction of flyin
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Dec 2009
802 Posts
chop what radio did you fry and how exactly?
furballll is offline Find More Posts by furballll
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:40 PM
United States, NY, Manhasset
Joined Jul 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
yes, the motor probably can move the CG a bit forward. But I can move the Lipo backwards => enough space available

Has anyone used the SK3 4240 in the slick?

br,
Chris
I run it in my three d hobby shop 51 slick. Pulls 43 amps with 3000 nanotech and a 14x7 and a turnigy trust esc. Pulled 56 amps with a 15x6 if I recall correctly. And do to prop design differences also pulled 56 amps with a MAS 13x8.5e prop. It's a great motor. I get 6.5 minutes with the 14x7 and the 3000 pack. Though I don't really reccomend the nanotech batteries anymore. They are GREAT for about 6 months and then many of them start to have voltage sag. At least that has been my experience. I have about 12 of them in use, and another 4 in a box waiting to be dropped at the local recycling center for e-waste.
ChrisNYPilot is offline Find More Posts by ChrisNYPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Sport Cub