SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:16 AM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,192 Posts
No, my saying is big different than what you were saying. The tails on 3dhs epp are different than Skywing's own design, wing profile is a bit different too. If you want people to move on and focus on HK's stuff, then don't make false statement involve other brands.
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:25 AM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
Oh I did my homework. And you pretty much just said what I said. Either way, this isn't the place. Let's move on please.
Your accusation had no validity. They pay to use skywing, I don't see skywing complaining. I'm not sure how that even relates to what hobbyking is doing..??
DaaBears is online now Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:27 AM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_TT View Post
No, my saying is big different than what you were saying. The tails on 3dhs epp are different than Skywing's own design, wing profile is a bit different too. If you want people to move on and focus on HK's stuff, then don't make false statement involve other brands.
+1

It's like politics, when they have no argument- they make one up!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:32 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,505 Posts
UC, I do agree with what you said from the EF part and down. We are obviously looking at this from completely different perspectives. I'm not saying you two are wrong. I'm not saying I'm right. I know the real answer is somewhere in there though, so can we agree on that at least?

And this is like politics. Politicians know how to drag things on. Yes I did cause the resent post to stray off topic , but can we please get back to the HK Slick please.

(I dislike politics btw.)
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:41 AM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
UC, I do agree with what you said from the EF part and down. We are obviously looking at this from completely different perspectives. I'm not saying you two are wrong. I'm not saying I'm right. I know the real answer is somewhere in there though, so can we agree on that at least?

And this is like politics. Politicians know how to drag things on. Yes I did cause the resent post to stray off topic , but can we please get back to the HK Slick please.

(I dislike politics btw.)
That's fine- just had a problem with you accusing 3dhs of ripping off someone they pay to use. If HK paid 3dhs we wouldn't be having this discussion.

The only reason I'm even backing them up is because I met all their guys at events, and have maintained close relationships with a few of them. All very stand-up guys, great to hang out with and especially fly with. I dont see HK reps at any events, so i cant tell you what they are like as people, but if its anything like their business, i dont care to. A group of hard working Americans are doing what they love trying to advance the 3d world, I don't tolerate what's going on over there at HK. Just to be clear, if they did this to Extreme Flight, I would back them up too because they also are a great group of people..

Everyone is free to make their own choice, like I said, I don't fault anyone for buying a cheap plane, this hobby can he expensive- do what you need to do. I just chose not to support a company that's morals clearly differ from mine. As a business owner- I have zero respect for HK as a company, but that doesn't mean they aren't smart businessmen.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:09 AM
Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,308 Posts
UCD has managed to deduce from 5 bad pictures that this is 100% a 3dhs rippoff plane. Even though the 3dhs plane uses pushrod on the rudder this new plane uses pull pull. and he's managed imply that 3d hobby shop has a trade mark and exclusive use of the letters 3 and D so Hobby king cannot call their planes by the shorthand of 3DHK even though its just 2 letters designating flying type and two designating manufacture.

The Slick 360 orange color scheme I can understand blaming it on copying. I purchased the blue. But the HK slick 360 and the 3dhs AJ slick are very different planes and I happen to think that the construction ideas (if not materials) are better on the HK slick 360 than 3dhs planes.

These are all grown up toys that are losely copied from real planes. The variation of construction can only deviate so much which results in a lot of planes looking like copies. I think UCD needs to quit being butthurt about china starting to compete with the big boys.

Besides this new one is ridiculously ugly bleahh.
creapyd is offline Find More Posts by creapyd
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:30 AM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by creapyd View Post
UCD has managed to deduce from 5 bad pictures that this is 100% a 3dhs rippoff plane. Even though the 3dhs plane uses pushrod on the rudder this new plane uses pull pull. and he's managed imply that 3d hobby shop has a trade mark and exclusive use of the letters 3 and D so Hobby king cannot call their planes by the shorthand of 3DHK even though its just 2 letters designating flying type and two designating manufacture.

The Slick 360 orange color scheme I can understand blaming it on copying. I purchased the blue. But the HK slick 360 and the 3dhs AJ slick are very different planes and I happen to think that the construction ideas (if not materials) are better on the HK slick 360 than 3dhs planes.

These are all grown up toys that are losely copied from real planes. The variation of construction can only deviate so much which results in a lot of planes looking like copies. I think UCD needs to quit being butthurt about china starting to compete with the big boys.

Besides this new one is ridiculously ugly bleahh.
I have no idea how close the new one is.. All I can see on my small cell phone is a larger rudder, improved control rods, horns, and ball links- and the ugly scheme. Clearly they are listening and improving, good for them. I encourage them to release a 71 slik that flies like an AJ slick at half the price; just would like to see them use their own ideas to push it forward instead of 3dhs's. I'm not hurt by this, but other hard working people are.
I missed the part where I implied any trademarking. Merely mentioned class, morals, and my personal choice not to do business with them. I did mention their use of 3dhk and AJ Slick as their product number- ill let you judge if that was a coincidence or not. It has since been removed since someone pointed it out earlier. Did you have a rebuttal for the extra with the fly the best sticker?

I try to type in clear English to get my points across clearly so others don't have to come behind and type what they think I meant. If you're going to translate what I'm saying, I ask you please do it accurately.

Personally I would call china the big boys, 3dhs and Ef are mom and pop compared to HK's volume.
So after reviewing your summary of my posts, I agree with almost nothing you claim I said, but I do agree the scheme isn't very attractive.
Last edited by DaaBears; Nov 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined May 2012
193 Posts
This looks very close to a 3DHS AJ Slick for me as well. I even doubt that this is a "rip off", i'd say that its some sort of a rebranded 3dhs slick. Many products get rebranded today, the owner companys sell some sort of B quality production stuff, or things that didn't exactly pass their QC to another company that sells it under another brand, like this the owner company (3dhs) can make some more money without loosing their reputation because of very small differences in quality of materials or construction and the customer company doesn't have to develope and produce an own design.
IMHO there is no reason to be mad about HK, maybe they just buy a design from 3DHS and resell it under their own brand. This is a thing that happens all the time in modern economy. And keep in mind that you just get (almost) the same Product from HK, whiteout the customer support ore things like spare parts...
So pleas don't start this 3DHS vs. HK thing over again.This hobby after all should be fun and not be taken TOO seriously, without fan communitys (or should I say religions) fighting against each other...
SnapRoller is offline Find More Posts by SnapRoller
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:40 AM
Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,308 Posts
Mehh, i had another response to UCD here, but it isn't worth it. He seems like a good guy overall and maybe he is right, but i'm tired of people jumping on the "they are stealing" prior to any real evidence being available.

Lets keep this thread to the slick 360 and worry about the ugly one later.
creapyd is offline Find More Posts by creapyd
Last edited by creapyd; Nov 15, 2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:44 AM
Joined May 2012
193 Posts
I deduce my "rebarnd theory" by the fact that HK didn't use that same covering sceme on this one, what they could have done obviousely (why not the red one this time), but I think its part of the deal whith 3DHS that they have to us a clearly distinct sceme...
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:52 AM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by creapyd View Post
It amuses me how you still imply that by listening and theoretically improving a product they MUST be copying from 3dhs. Exactly which ideas do you think were stolen? carbon fiber control horns and landing gear? are those unique to 3dhs? A square motor box? 3dhk is a red herring, people like you were jumping to conclusions. I never saw AJ product id. Judge the plane by how it flys. which I'd put money on it flying worse than the Slick 360.
Go back and re-read what I wrote... I'm not saying this plane is a rip off of anything. If anything- it appears, based on the larger rudder and improved accessories that this is an attempted improvement over their first slick 360.

The only thing about this plane that had anything to do with 3dhs was the product number that showed "AJ_Slick"

I'm sure people will start accusing this of being an exact copy; I wont, I've never seen this plane or flown it. It's also not my style to throw out blind accusations.

The only reason I check back on this thread is to see the progress of JPF and his modified leading wing edge and rudder- I applaud the efforts to try and make something better, I don't have the patience to do something like that, but I think it's awesome to see someone else do it.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:58 AM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
I only said it was my personal choice not to purchase from them, yet again I'll say I have no problem with anyone else doing it. I'm not here to recruit people to another side. I just said I wouldn't touch it.

For the record, 3dhs does not sell their designs to HK, verified in Ben's post on another site, explaining the whole HK mess.

The guys that say get back to the 360 are on the right track. Definitely got side-tracked, and I apologize if I fired back, I don't take it well when people twist my words or imply I'm saying something that I'm absolutely not. I'm in this hobby for fun and to travel around to events to fly with people who are in it for the same reasons.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:01 AM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapRoller View Post
I deduce my "rebarnd theory" by the fact that HK didn't use that same covering sceme on this one, what they could have done obviousely (why not the red one this time), but I think its part of the deal whith 3DHS that they have to us a clearly distinct sceme...
Deal with 3dhs? Is this a serious post, or are we just trying to shoot for some entertainment?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:12 AM
Joined May 2012
193 Posts
No problem for me, UCDme3D, I just really enjoy reading this thread with all of its very helpful information (with the modified rudder as it's very best) and I just don't want the discusion to fall back into the stage were it was somewhere in the beginning, when all the 3DHS guys came in to bash the HK slick. I don't want to happen this with this new HK slick again.
My theory about the rebranded 3DHS was just based on the 5 bad fotos on the HK site and my friends 3DHS Slick, I only have a HK sick 360. So it was more of a hypothesis then a theorie, actually
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:13 AM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post

The only reason I check back on this thread is to see the progress of JPF and his modified leading wing edge and rudder- I applaud the efforts to try and make something better, I don't have the patience to do something like that, but I think it's awesome to see someone else do it.
This is the exact same reason I checked this tread as well. As a modeler, I would like to learn from others to fine tune my planes- Had a failed attempt on enlarging the rudder in my Yak 54 (RIP) already. For now, I have two AJ Slick, I am happy with them and will stick in with the brands I trust. I would like to see HK gains more experience/feedbacks from 3d pilots through RCG and upgrades their offerings, such as Sbach in 50"~60" range with airfoil tail feathers. Hopefully HK can move up a step bringing positive competition into the game instead of being a distributor selling whatever marketable and cheap.
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT