SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:22 AM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, but incase you didn't realize, this is the same as the 3DHS Slick. What we all said had absolutely no influence on this one.
I can't verify that it's the same, but it sure looks pretty darn close... classless company... i gave them a pass on the first orange scheme they stole... after they ripped of the rwb extra and put a "Fly the best" sticker on it, I vowed never to purchase from them again..

slight copies are one thing, blatant disrespect and lack of class is another... will not do business with these guys anymore...
DaaBears is online now Find More Posts by DaaBears
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:23 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
hehehe yeah,but I'm pretty sure they've kept tabs with this thread and maybe some of our "improvements"
colorscheme is hideous though
oh how that thread will be hated
I still love my original HK Slick
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:26 AM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
hehehe yeah,but I'm pretty sure they've kept tabs with this thread and maybe some of our "improvements"
colorscheme is hideous though
oh how that thread will be hated
I still love my original HK Slick
yeah that is ugly as piss.... curious to see how close in design this one is compared to the aj.. also close to see if it flies better than the original one with the major flaws..
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:37 AM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,639 Posts
so this says MG90 recommended, which are the same size as HS 65mgs, no? So why aren't 65mgs recommended?
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Last edited by DenverJayhawk; Nov 15, 2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:43 AM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
so this say MG90 recommended, which are the same size as HS 65mgs, no? So why aren't 65mgs recommended?
85's would be perfect, 65's are good on a 42" 3d plane.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:48 AM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
85's would be perfect, 65's are good on a 42" 3d plane.
you'd have to open the servo holes in the fuse with 85s, no?
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:55 AM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre View Post
Anyone seen this? HK has a new slick. A 3DHK slick. The product ID is "AJ_Slick". I am sure it is pure coincidence

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Balsa_ARF.html
Well, after I posted a question on their product page about the "3DHK" in the description and "AJ Slick" product ID, HK has made amendments. Even my question got deleted.
Who says HK does not listen?
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:12 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre View Post
Well, after I posted a question on their product page about the "3DHK" in the description and "AJ Slick" product ID, HK has made amendments. Even my question got deleted.
Who says HK does not listen?
hehehe.they should listen more to us folks that need spares.like cowls ect.will bost their rep alot.
any new vids with the rudder mod?
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:45 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, Calamba City
Joined Mar 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
You are right, it's a direct copy of the 51" 3DHS AJ Slick. Steve
Yeah! I've compared the wood structure AJ(from manual) and HK Slick and found that its same! I wonder if the wings profile is the same, if yes we have AJ Slick with 100$ price!
kinshas is offline Find More Posts by kinshas
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:22 AM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinshas View Post
Yeah! I've compared the wood structure AJ(from manual) and HK Slick and found that its same! I wonder if the wings profile is the same, if yes we have AJ Slick with 100$ price!
We'll see... Interested to see the findings out there, but I won't be caught dead buying one this time, not that I would buy a plane that ugly though..
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:45 AM
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Sep 2011
189 Posts
The one thing all rc planes have in common is that you watch them very closely while flying them. I would want to stare at that color scheme

Anyway, anyone have an opinion on the Solar D658's as far as the 1300mm slick goes? I suppose it would be similar issues fitting them as you might get with the HS-85's. I get a couple as they are so cheap, but I might just order a couple Savox instead.
bcamphaus is offline Find More Posts by bcamphaus
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:47 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
I can't verify that it's the same, but it sure looks pretty darn close... classless company... i gave them a pass on the first orange scheme they stole... after they ripped of the rwb extra and put a "Fly the best" sticker on it, I vowed never to purchase from them again..

slight copies are one thing, blatant disrespect and lack of class is another... will not do business with these guys anymore...
How is HK classless compared to 3DHS. 3DHS gets their "EPP" line up from Skywing then calls it their design. Plus I wouldn't call 3DHS's customer service classy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
you'd have to open the servo holes in the fuse with 85s, no?
You have to open the slots up 4-5mm in length and 2mm in width. If you don't do it right, you will run out of hardwood to screw into. It isn't hard, just takes time.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:59 AM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,213 Posts
Quote:
How is HK classless compared to 3DHS. 3DHS gets their "EPP" line up from Skywing then calls it their design. Plus I wouldn't call 3DHS's customer service classy.
Do you have the 48" EPP from 3DHS and Skywing's EXTRA? If so, you will know they are different. 3DHS did put their modification and their color scheme into Skywing's model and Skywing custom makes these for 3DHS through contractual agreement. In business world, this is a "3DHS design". Do your homework before making a comment.
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:01 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,525 Posts
Oh I did my homework. And you pretty much just said what I said. Either way, this isn't the place. Let's move on please.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:15 AM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:

You have to open the slots up 4-5mm in length and 2mm in width. If you don't do it right, you will run out of hardwood to screw into. It isn't hard, just takes time.
Paying to use a design and putting your own scheme on it is much different from copying a design all the way down to the actual slogan sticker! Not even close in comparison..

While I agree that the phone line support has struggled since the 3dhs move, I've never had an issue getting ahold of Noll on RCG or 3drcf, or any of the team pilots -joe, Wamsy, bivens... In person these guys are absolutely awesome and extremely customer oriented. Hopefully they get the phone/email thing worked out to keep up with their business. But really- even with weak phone support, I don't think it's even worth trying to compare the US companies to HK.

Extreme flight also does a great job and has fantastic support.

I have absolutely no problem with HK building a very similar slick at a discounted price, I think that's awesome, but the deliberate rip offs, (fly the best, orange color scheme, extra scheme and decals, and now the new slick with a 3dhk tag and AJ Slick product number.. Lol!

They may be getting closer to a plane that flies up to par with the big boys, but I stand by my comment, I want nothing to do with HK's classless tactics. I do some vinyl work for one of their pilots, Wargo, and asked him not to use my logo or decals on any HK videos because I don't want to be associated with that kind of garbage business, regardless of the huge exposure it could get me.

I have no problem with anyone who does buy from them, I just chose not to support that type of business. So once again, it's my personal choice to not buy from a company that I feel is classless through and through.

Competition is healthy, but this isn't competition. I gave them a slight pass on the first rip off, but now they are adding up very quickly and all aiming at one company! I continued to purchase batteries and other small things from them after the first slick, but now I'm done. I'll pay more not to have to deal with the worst customer service out of them all, and the shady guys that run the place!
Last edited by DaaBears; Nov 15, 2012 at 10:23 AM.