HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:54 PM
Atleast It's in one piece
United Kingdom, North Weald Bassett
Joined Nov 2008
399 Posts
Hi Flybyfaith

I need to put mine on the scales now the motor box is repaired plus the repaired cowl which is only in primer at the mo 125grams which I guess is a whole lot heavier than a new one so I must be in the region as you weight wise.
I have flown the model with lighter batts 2500mah but the five minute flight times are a bit annoying and even then I have to limit the amount of up lines or the batteries come down with less than 20% in but it does fly better but only slightly.
Does anyone know the weight of the cowl out of interest?

Chop stix your probably right it was pilot induced but I thought as my EF Extras can do the same manoeuvre and keep flying right, I thought so could this one

Arcright
Arcright is offline Find More Posts by Arcright
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:25 PM
Joined Apr 2007
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcright View Post
Hi Flybyfaith

I need to put mine on the scales now the motor box is repaired plus the repaired cowl which is only in primer at the mo 125grams which I guess is a whole lot heavier than a new one so I must be in the region as you weight wise.
I have flown the model with lighter batts 2500mah but the five minute flight times are a bit annoying and even then I have to limit the amount of up lines or the batteries come down with less than 20% in but it does fly better but only slightly.

Chop stix your probably right it was pilot induced but I thought as my EF Extras can do the same manoeuvre and keep flying right, I thought so could this one

Arcright
Hi Arcrght

The cowl's weight is 85grams. Are you running 4s or 6s on yours.
flybyfaith is offline Find More Posts by flybyfaith
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:29 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcright View Post
Hi Flybyfaith

Arcright
My 60" extra would snap if I yanked on the elevator. Accelerated stall. Not sure what exactly you were doing...did you have a video of it?
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:24 PM
United States, VA, Alexandria
Joined Nov 2011
516 Posts
Quick question from a newbie to this type of plane. I just got mine in the mail and have a question about servos. I have 4 Hitec HS85MG's that I plan on putting in this plane, Pretty sure they would be okay for the elevator and rudder, but how about the ailerons?
Starving Bushman is offline Find More Posts by Starving Bushman
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:36 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Bushman View Post
Quick question from a newbie to this type of plane. I just got mine in the mail and have a question about servos. I have 4 Hitec HS85MG's that I plan on putting in this plane, Pretty sure they would be okay for the elevator and rudder, but how about the ailerons?
85mg's would be great for this plane! Only thing better would be 5085's.

Usually you want strongest servos on the rudder and elevator if anywhere on a 3D plane. So if you trust these there (and you should) they will definitely work on the ailerons.

I have the 85mg's on a very similar plane and they work great!
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:14 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,249 Posts
Bushman,as Erkq said,those servo's will work killer.
Just a tip,don't even think about using the supplied linkages.they are lank thin and I wouldn't trust them on a plane this size.
I'd put some ball links with CF rod on.That's what myself and a few other people have done.
What motor/esc you going to run?
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:27 AM
Now, what does this button do?
Christchurch. NZ
Joined Dec 2009
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
Just a tip,don't even think about using the supplied linkages.they are lank thin and I wouldn't trust them on a plane this size.
I'd put some ball links with CF rod on.That's what myself and a few other people have done.
Could not agree more. Carbon rod, ball links only take a few minutes to make
Nukiwi is offline Find More Posts by Nukiwi
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:54 AM
Atleast It's in one piece
United Kingdom, North Weald Bassett
Joined Nov 2008
399 Posts
Hi Flybyfaith

Thanks for the info about the cowl my weight increase was not bad as I thought, I’m just running 4 cell also as Jetplaneflyer has said in previous posts it seems the lighter the better.

Lonewolfrc

Sorry no video, I’ll give the manoeuvre another go with the lighter batteries I may even wait till the new cowl turns up and I’ve found a lighter motor as stated above the lighter the better.
I’m even beginning to wonder if it was the aileron servo suffering blow back as I fitted small HS65’s there to save weight originally but thats just a thought.

Arcright
Arcright is offline Find More Posts by Arcright
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:08 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,249 Posts
Arc
I'm running the 6s setup and I came out lighter than most 4s setups.I haven't weighed yet but my guess is that I'm round 1400g.will weigh and let you know.The 6s setup is really super fun and the L3040 has real awsome power.plus pulling only 34A at WOT,it's a breeze,wit absolute no loss of efficiency
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:14 AM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
still cant fly my slick, ordered my motor thinking it came with the mount etc, turns out it doesnt, so i have another 2 week wait for that to turn up. Is anyone using hte ntm prop drive motors on this, i have the 42-38 750kv one and the shaft is coming out the wrong end, has ayone had to reverse theres?
peter24 is offline Find More Posts by peter24
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:37 AM
Now, what does this button do?
Christchurch. NZ
Joined Dec 2009
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter24 View Post
still cant fly my slick, ordered my motor thinking it came with the mount etc, turns out it doesnt, so i have another 2 week wait for that to turn up. Is anyone using hte ntm prop drive motors on this, i have the 42-38 750kv one and the shaft is coming out the wrong end, has ayone had to reverse theres?
That is the motor in mine.
The prop adaptor fits on the other end. So the shaft sticks backwards through the firewall. (will become obvious when the mount arrives, honest!)
Plus point, is the motor is just the right depth to leave a tiny gap with a std. Dubro spinner
Nukiwi is offline Find More Posts by Nukiwi
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:51 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukiwi View Post
That is the motor in mine.
The prop adaptor fits on the other end. So the shaft sticks backwards through the firewall. (will become obvious when the mount arrives, honest!)
Plus point, is the motor is just the right depth to leave a tiny gap with a std. Dubro spinner
Nukiwi
that's a neat spinner gap
Please post a full pic of your Slick.something looks different to me there regarding color?it looks red? or did I have too much Lucazade again this morning?
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:24 AM
Joined Nov 2011
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I plan on installing a Hacker A30-12XL V2 and a Turnigy Plush 60 amp esc.

I'll be back with more questions!
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:20 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,404 Posts
I broke my hacker A30-12xl in the hk slick in flight. Motor snapped in half. So we put in a more powerfully and more efficient Motrolfly 3615 lightened version. Much happier now.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:30 AM
Joined Nov 2011
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I broke my hacker A30-12xl in the hk slick in flight. Motor snapped in half. So we put in a more powerfully and more efficient Motrolfly 3615 lightened version. Much happier now.
Yikes! I thought that this was a good motor........