SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:15 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by long leng View Post
hey michael...great video, great skills!
once you have it setup perfectly, you will even love it more.
i had the big luck that i had zero wind and cg and setup was just perfect.
i can ensure that this plane can do every wild thing at great level.
the only thing i have not tested was rolling looping, as i was still a rusty after the winterbreak.
Again, I really didn't try many maneuvers... My camera died and wind got silly high for a video... But I will try it all.
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:15 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
Just messing around on HK's site and put in basket to check on shipping costs. Next thing I see is some custom questions about declared value "gift" or "other" option.

I have never seen this before. Is it new? What does it ll mean and how does it affect the cost to me?
hurry up!!!
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:17 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
I forgpt... Interesting piece of flight info... Ailerons were so fast, I had to set a rate for Rolling Harriers on the ailerons. Also, I just burried the snaps. The reason video had a few was because I had a hard time stopping on point they were so quick. Just need to dial it in... just thought I'd share.
how many degree did you program at the ailerons?
i found the rolling rate good but not lithening fast with 45 degrees
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:20 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,106 Posts
Quote:
Also, I just burried the snaps. The reason video had a few was because I had a hard time stopping on point they were so quick. Just need to dial it in... just thought I'd share.
If this plane is supposed to be similar to the AJ Slick 51, this isn't surprising. Full-deflection snaps are a complete blur on the AJ. First time I did one I was glad I had some altitude because I completely lost track of orientation. It was a "holy cr@p" moment.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:23 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by long leng View Post
how many degree did you program at the ailerons?
i found the rolling rate good but not lithening fast with 45 degrees
I just put extended servo arms on it, I set at max mechanical with Travel adjusts... Did not put a meter to it. If you used a standard servo arm... that would explain it. They were definitely too fast for the rolling harriers. They were just too fast.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:23 PM
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Mar 2011
537 Posts
Great video Michael, looking forward to the full video.

I was wondering if you could compare this to the Domin-8-trix. Strengths and weaknesses so far?
vhuang168 is online now Find More Posts by vhuang168
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:29 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
If this plane is supposed to be similar to the AJ Slick 51, this isn't surprising. Full-deflection snaps are a complete blur on the AJ. First time I did one I was glad I had some altitude because I completely lost track of orientation. It was a "holy cr@p" moment.
This has been said so much, but it is just a slick. It is not an AJ Slick knock off... this is from a pilot perspective... not HK. IT does not fly the same. I have flown about every size of the AJ Slick, they are both great planes but Different for sure. AJ did an amazing job on his slick and engineered it to be its own animal. Awesome for sure. This is also its own style of awesome. Just different. To me it flew more like the 3dhs smaller edges than the slick. Actually, that's not true either except it was more like that than the slick, not really like either.

My official position is I'd like one of each please! All different all great...
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:31 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
Great video Michael, looking forward to the full video.

I was wondering if you could compare this to the Domin-8-trix. Strengths and weaknesses so far?
Good question. They are both similar... both nice airframes. HOnestly, I don't have enough experience with the slick yet. Never flew it with a good cg even. Ask me again after full video.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:32 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
I just put extended servo arms on it, I set at max mechanical with Travel adjusts... Did not put a meter to it. If you used a standard servo arm... that would explain it. They were definitely too fast for the rolling harriers. They were just too fast.
max mechanical travel.....lol
did you use the standart pushrods?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:37 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
I concur with M Wargo on this plane.

It was my first ever 4s 3D plane, I have only put 4 packs through it in an under wound DM2820-750 so not getting the watts I would have wanted but it still flew pretty well.

Mind you all my other balsa planes have either SFG or VG on the wings so this was my first setup with clean wing so to speak.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:42 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,106 Posts
Quote:
My official position is I'd like one of each please! All different all great...
Yes. The video looks very nice. And, though some may find the blue scheme rather pedestrian, I really prefer the simpler look over AJ's over-the-top graphics. It looks like a plane should look, IMHO.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:42 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post

Mind you all my other balsa planes have either SFG or VG on the wings so this was my first setup with clean wing so to speak.
now that would be interesting if you would install some sfg to the slick.
the vg sure would look hot
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:44 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Long leng, please sir what are you talking about.

The Orange slick is still in stock at HK, they haven't dropped the price from what I just looked at on my log in account.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:46 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Yes. The video looks very nice. And, though some may find the blue scheme rather pedestrian, I really prefer the simpler look over AJ's over-the-top graphics. It looks like a plane should look, IMHO.
i do like the aj sheme, but yes, the copysheme is more calm, i love it.
without asking, even my wife stated that this plane looks beautiful, and that means something.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:50 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
Long leng, please sir what are you talking about.

The Orange slick is still in stock at HK, they haven't dropped the price from what I just looked at on my log in account.
yes , sorry, my english is limited. when i said its basicly sold out i meant there are just a few left. hk page says 8 are left.
the price has dropped from 114 to 111, then again it didnt show the special offer of 108 anymore. so not sure from wich side to see, did it go 3 up or down.