SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:49 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,450 Posts
OK guys... here it is.... It was way windy after the first pack, and my camera died after that... Just a teaser.. full video as soon as I can get some more filming in. This plane is very very capable!!!!! Mikey Liked IT!!!!!

Michael Wargo Hobbyking Slick Teaser/xtra footage at end (5 min 2 sec)
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:58 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,758 Posts
Very nice indeed!
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:58 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Nice flying Michael.

I spotted that your blender fell out as well on this plane? I noticed that I couldn't seem to get it to stick in the flat spin at the end of KE spin or blenders, did you find this?
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:08 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
Nice flying Michael.

I spotted that your blender fell out as well on this plane? I noticed that I couldn't seem to get it to stick in the flat spin at the end of KE spin or blenders, did you find this?
Really no flight time.. just tried once... that is what came out... It will definitely do a blender. It is just getting the stick sequence down adding rudder then elevator. NO the plane. It was me and no experience with airframe. Wait til I do the real video. I don't have the cg right, the expo, the ailerons are obscenely fast. Need to dial it in a bit. Patience. I just posted this because weather is gonna suck for next 4 days.

But I gave you guys some extended clips of requests!!!!!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:10 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
Nice flying Michael.

I just took 1 minute at the beginning to make some initial test maneuvers... The tumbling was part of that. Like I said, I guessed at cg, and guessed wrong and so on... I thought this would at least validate that this is a formidable airplane...
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:14 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,917 Posts
Nice job, Thanks Mikey!

Looks to be a very capable plane to me. I do agree that it looked kind of awkward at the end of the blender???

Can't wait till you get another go at it!
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:19 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Nice Job MW....oooh such a tempting plane only just over £100 to my door insanely low price for a plus 50" plane
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:22 PM
Currently flyin Crack Yak
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2006
364 Posts
WOW great video defiantly cant wait to see more thank you Michael for all your help and support!
ryanotown22 is offline Find More Posts by ryanotown22
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:26 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,917 Posts
Just messing around on HK's site and put in basket to check on shipping costs. Next thing I see is some custom questions about declared value "gift" or "other" option.

I have never seen this before. Is it new? What does it ll mean and how does it affect the cost to me?
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:28 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
Just messing around on HK's site and put in basket to check on shipping costs. Next thing I see is some custom questions about declared value "gift" or "other" option.

I have never seen this before. Is it new? What does it ll mean and how does it affect the cost to me?
This is a really neat feature - which effectively allows you to choose the value of goods for customs purposes

I leave it at the suggested level and have never had any problems
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:41 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
I just took 1 minute at the beginning to make some initial test maneuvers... The tumbling was part of that. Like I said, I guessed at cg, and guessed wrong and so on... I thought this would at least validate that this is a formidable airplane...
I liked the end of this vid, it did more to convince me this is a sweet plane. I liked it so much that after following both the threads and staying out of the fray, I finally had to post. Thanks Michael, and I also would like to compliment you on your professionalism throughout this whole thing.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:49 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
I liked the end of this vid, it did more to convince me this is a sweet plane. I liked it so much that after following both the threads and staying out of the fray, I finally had to post. Thanks Michael, and I also would like to compliment you on your professionalism throughout this whole thing.
Thank you sir... I have to say I bit my toungue a few times, but... tried to just keep my objectivity...

BY the way, I got a lot of PMs saying the same and Thanks to all did that. This is a good plane. Really good in fact. Even without an accurate cg, the wrong prop and a lot of wind, the plane still felt great. I'll reserve judgment completely for a well set up plane and nice day to fly.

And for all those who think hobby king cannot make a competitive 3d plane... Take a close look. this thing may not be everyone's ideal plane, but those who like this type will love this.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:12 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
hey michael...great video, great skills!
once you have it setup perfectly, you will even love it more.
i had the big luck that i had zero wind and cg and setup was just perfect.
i can ensure that this plane can do every wild thing at great level.
the only thing i have not tested was rolling looping, as i was still a rusty after the winterbreak.
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:13 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,450 Posts
I forgpt... Interesting piece of flight info... Ailerons were so fast, I had to set a rate for Rolling Harriers on the ailerons. Also, I just burried the snaps. The reason video had a few was because I had a hard time stopping on point they were so quick. Just need to dial it in... just thought I'd share.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:14 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Bat View Post
Nice Job MW....oooh such a tempting plane only just over £100 to my door insanely low price for a plus 50" plane
jup...and the good news is, they even just lowered the price!!!
the bad news is, the orange slick "the collector one" is basicly sold out.
that bad, my paypal is empty....i really had liked a backup.
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng