HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Feb 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by creapyd View Post
When you say you modified the motor mount, was this to extend it? shorten it? or make it wider?
No. By HK Im not allowed to cut anything off the original frame. The X motor mount dont fits to the motor mount holes so I epoxy two pieces of 1/16 ply together and glue it to the back and drilled new holes. Motor fits perfect
MrRican is offline Find More Posts by MrRican
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:02 AM
Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,308 Posts
Crap. if the 42-38 fits perfect, then the RECOMMENDED motor the 3548 will not fit correctly.

Well, that's fuel for the haters.
creapyd is offline Find More Posts by creapyd
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:05 AM
Where's my orange kool-aid?
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Couldn't resist! Finally gave in to temptation and ordered the now "collectors" orange version. To maintain the el cheapo theme, will run it with an NTM prop drive 3548-900 and plush 60A ESC I have lying around, and decided to give that digital Turnigy servo that Dean used a try. Whether the thing flies well or not, it'll look good sitting next to me original orange 48" buck and a half with an Omega 130g, CC 50A ESC and HS65MG servos
xzuberance is offline Find More Posts by xzuberance
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Feb 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
I was refering to your comment about the rudd and elevator mount wall being too soft.

Thanks
Vincent
Sorry, I missed understood.
I used some ca. You can use epoxy too. Let me tell you, if this airplane survive in Michaels hands, is a good plane. Specially with those blenders. Lol
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:12 AM
Joined Feb 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Crap. if the 42-38 fits perfect, then the RECOMMENDED motor the 3548 will not fit correctly.

Remember, this a untest set up but Michael said works very good.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Feb 2011
31 Posts
I see you'll later.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:15 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRican View Post
Im going to be out for a wild. I'l get back to you guys later.
Hey Guys... good news and Bad news... I got some footage, but wind came up unbearably for video and my camera died on top of it... So only got 1 and 1/2 packs filmed. Had a short trim flight too. Never got the CG either. Weather is gonna suck for a few days... maybe through the weekend. However, I will put together a teaser, and I did film some harriers and things, I will put at end of teaser. Then i will finish the video when I can do it right. Low wind, etc. look for short vid tonight.
mtwargo is online now Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:41 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Excellent! Can't wait to see the videos. Thanks.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Feb 2011
31 Posts
Quote:

Check my pictures. Look the cowlin screws how far in they are. You shouldn't have any problem.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:06 PM
Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,308 Posts
It's not the mount that's the issue. it's the distance from the motor mount to the front of the cowl. apparently a 3548 motor will stick out the front of the plane by about 10 mm meaning the spinner gap will be quite ridiculous.
creapyd is offline Find More Posts by creapyd
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Feb 2011
31 Posts
My point is you can move the cowl foward. When I said fits perfect, I meant worked for me.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:02 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,451 Posts
MY quick video is uploading.... And to all of you wanting extended footage of harriers, inverted harriers, Rolling harrier, etc... It is at the end... As requested! I will post when up!
mtwargo is online now Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:09 PM
Where's my orange kool-aid?
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janole View Post
lousy photo, but you can enlarge the photo here on the website
http://www.aero-model.com/Hacker-Brushless-A30-10L.aspx
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRican View Post
My point is you can move the cowl foward. When I said fits perfect, I meant worked for me.
Can you say how much further forward can you move the cowl before things start to look ridiculous (like for instance, the top of the firewall starts to show between the cowl and canopy or where you would have drill too close to the edge of the cowl's mounting tab on the fuse)?
xzuberance is offline Find More Posts by xzuberance
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Feb 2011
31 Posts
Michael have the airplane. I want to give you more precise information. I had no time to get into details. Im going to stop tomorrow at Wargos shop and take some measurements and get back to you.