HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:02 PM
You Won't Know till You Try
Outer Banks, NC
Joined Nov 2009
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I think that since the hk is only $230 instead of the ajs $700+ the comfert level will be there

So when you getting the 89 slick back in the air?
Hopefully soon. Still waiting to hear back from hacker
CreepEdge is offline Find More Posts by CreepEdge
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:03 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,660 Posts
have an issue with your A80?
Irg is online now Find More Posts by Irg
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:23 PM
You Won't Know till You Try
Outer Banks, NC
Joined Nov 2009
193 Posts
I didn't acid bath the wires when I switched to Anderson powerpoles
CreepEdge is offline Find More Posts by CreepEdge
Old Mar 31, 2012, 03:40 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,459 Posts
And what did you learn from that? Don't cut motor wires
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Apr 01, 2012, 06:28 AM
Joined Feb 2011
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepEdge View Post
Not trying to seem rich but it's not about the price for me when it comes to comfort level. The 71, 89, 51, and even the 42 AJ slicks are predictable when doing tricks. I'd hate to see a new plane tip a wing down low doing a knife edge. Cost is one thing but having a plane that will react properly to my inputs is more important . Let's use this analogy . Say I can get a car for 500 that might loose a wheel as I'm driving. Or I can spend 1000 on one that doesn't have that potential future incident. I'm going for the 1000 dollar car. I'm not say the hk slick will break apart in flight but due to hk previous models it is more likely. Also it is too soon to truly know what quirks this airframe might be hideing.
I did several full throttle snap-rolls against 4-5mph wind yesterday.. The slick is still alive and running.
And mine`s all stock with stock links, ca hinges, and all turnigy mg servo`s.
Has even got turnigy motor/esc and orange rx..
I fly this thing as recless as i normally fly my 3dhs 38" epp, and therefor it`s good to know that a new plane costs 104 bucks...

Not to impressed by how weak it seems to be around the servo mounts in the rear fuse though. I might have to pull the servos and reinforce some before it breaks.

I feel it was just as easy to fly in wind, as my 60" EF edge... So it`s not as bad as some of you think.

Now, when the wind has settled, we got 30cm snow, and almost no visability... I`m looking forward to summertime
Ola. is offline Find More Posts by Ola.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:26 AM
3D Wannabe
United States, NJ, Mendham Township
Joined Jul 2011
849 Posts
Finally!!! Maiden later today (if it doesn't rain)

Cheapo setup:

Motor: Turnigy SK3 3548 700kv
ESC: HobbyKing 60A
Servos: Turnigy 2216MG (supposedly a Savox rebrand)
Battery: Zippy 3000mAh (will probably be too heavy for 3D but it's all I have right now)
Rx: OrangeRx DSM2 (pray for me!)
Prop: APC-E 14x7
Spinner: HobbyKing 51mm red plastic
Pushrods: Stock wrapped in a CF tube
NJSwede is online now Find More Posts by NJSwede
Old Apr 01, 2012, 09:44 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,757 Posts
NJ,
Lookin good!.. take care with the maiden.

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Apr 01, 2012, 09:49 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,757 Posts
The elevator on my Slick picked up a small wrinkle in the crash indicating some damage, so I removed the covering. There was actually nothing broken as such, just a glue joint sprung, so easily fixed. The structure of the elevator is nicely done, see attached.

All the damage on the complete plane is now fixed so i just need to re-cover. film covering is not my favourite job
Old Apr 01, 2012, 09:53 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,660 Posts
whoops ;-)
Irg is online now Find More Posts by Irg
Old Apr 01, 2012, 11:46 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
The elevator on my Slick picked up a small wrinkle in the crash indicating some damage, so I removed the covering. There was actually nothing broken as such, just a glue joint sprung, so easily fixed. The structure of the elevator is nicely done, see attached.

All the damage on the complete plane is now fixed so i just need to re-cover. film covering is not my favourite job
Not bad Jet I agree, but nothing like the geodetic design of the EXP's don't you think?

Also in case you don't know the trick. I have used syringes to shoot CA through the covering to repair things like this... just incase you had not heard of that one
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Apr 01, 2012, 11:50 AM
3D Wannabe
Joined Jul 2011
849 Posts
At the field. I think this may be too much plane for me to handle. It definitely has wing rock, but I can eliminate some of it by throttleing up and pulling back on the stick. Pop tops are amazing and so are spins. I have to use a lot of left rudder in my attempts to hover. It has a pretty scary stall tendency where it wants to fall out of the sky in turns without warning, so I guess I have to watch my airspeed.

Bottom line: Not faulting the plane. Yet. It nay simply be too advanced for me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old Apr 01, 2012, 11:58 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSwede View Post
I think this may be too much plane for me to handle. It definitely has wing rock... It has a pretty scary stall tendency where it wants to fall out of the sky in turns without warning, so I guess I have to watch my airspeed. \
I've read this somewhere before... hmm....
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Last edited by -= GYRO =-; Apr 01, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:06 PM
3D Wannabe
Joined Jul 2011
849 Posts
Well, I just did another battery and tried to do everything with a bit more throttle. Much better! Even pulled a half decent hover!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:17 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,757 Posts
NJ,

I never noticed any bad tenancy in normal flight, mine just got tricky post stall.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined Feb 2011
235 Posts
Seriously, this plane is real easy to hover... Even dropping altitude when hovering felt kinda easy..

I cant relate to any of youre symptoms.. I harrier'd it looow on the maiden flight in sub-walk speed without any problems, and im not an 3D expert in any ways..

It needs alittle high'ish nose when at harrier.. Just like my extremeflight 60" and 78" does...

Sure you got cg correct?
Ola. is offline Find More Posts by Ola.