SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:57 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRican View Post
I just picked up Michael's HK Slick and I'll be working all night.
Thanks for your efforts.. Can you maybe let us know what the build spec is and take a few photos of the completed plane?

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:00 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Be good to hear what you think about where you think this plane excels with from a design point of view and any weakness you see in the design...as someone who builds lots of planes - be nice to see what you see if you know what I mean
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:05 PM
Where's my orange kool-aid?
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingin' Wayne View Post
I've had the pleasure and privilage to fly with AJ, Ben, Scott and the crew. And I regularly fly with 3DHS Team Pilots. I don't know everything, THEY do. I'm a highly skilled gopher. So you guys have a nice day and many happy landings to you all! And don't forget to shove the sticks in the corners!!!
So much for an "unbiased opinion"

Hey long leng, did you manage to check if the 3dhs aluminum thumb screw fits on HK slick?
xzuberance is offline Find More Posts by xzuberance
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:24 PM
Pug Pilot
Wichita, Kansas
Joined Dec 2004
801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzuberance View Post
So much for an "unbiased opinion"

Hey long leng, did you manage to check if the 3dhs aluminum thumb screw fits on HK slick?
I thought that was a great idea so I checked and the aluminum screws diameter is too big.
moxjett is offline Find More Posts by moxjett
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:42 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,765 Posts
Looks like an M3 screw, if so you can get them for computers. Just search aluminium thumb screws (Aluminum for those in the colonies ) on eBay. They come with two threads, 6/32 (course) for PC cases and M3 (fine) for holding in hard drives etc... You would want the M3 type (assuming the screw is M3).
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:44 PM
Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,308 Posts
I was having a mental fart day yesterday. by firewall i ment front of motor box to front of cowl.

And I have the same servos as JetPlaneFlyer (except my ARE the turnigy brand).

Looks like it will be a good setup.
creapyd is offline Find More Posts by creapyd
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:51 PM
USA, WY, Cody
Joined Jan 2008
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanotown22 View Post
No I do not want to CONTROL it I just want people to control themselves.
After watching this and the other thread on this plane, that's a tall order, lol. Diarrhea of the mouth/keyboard around here seems to be pretty common...
wyo69cowboy is offline Find More Posts by wyo69cowboy
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:54 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by creapyd View Post
And I have the same servos as JetPlaneFlyer (except my ARE the turnigy brand).

Looks like it will be a good setup.
Yeah they have bags of torque, so blowback should not be an issue. They are a little on the slow side compared to some but if you feed them on 6V they speed up a bit.

My latest plan is to re-wind a Scorpion S3020 1110kv i have spare down to about 700kv, then swing a 14x7 prop off of it on 4s.. Should be good for 900W or so. but it would require chopping back the motor box.

Edit.. just noticed the post after mine proved the very point of that Wyo69cowboy made.. you have to laugh
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:54 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo69cowboy View Post
After watching this and the other thread on this plane, that's a tall order, lol. Diarrhea of the mouth/keyboard around here seems to be pretty common...
Sir, your post doesn't seem to be about this airplane.
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:55 PM
Joined Feb 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Thanks for your efforts.. Can you maybe let us know what the build spec is and take a few photos of the completed plane?

Steve
I will be posting pics and specs after the build. Remember, this is a untested set up for Michael. Also by HK, Im not allowed to modify anything on this airplane.
MrRican is offline Find More Posts by MrRican
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:55 PM
USA, WY, Cody
Joined Jan 2008
422 Posts
ok
Last edited by wyo69cowboy; Feb 20, 2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 03:06 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo69cowboy View Post
Still trollin', eh?
No, just wondering why you criticize my posts, but then make your own posts that are not exactly on topic?
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Last edited by -= GYRO =-; Feb 20, 2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Rephrased question
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 20, 2012, 03:11 PM
USA, WY, Cody
Joined Jan 2008
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanotown22 View Post
everyone we are so close to having actual flying videos posted please lets just be quiet until info comes in then we can actually have something to look at.. right now we are going back and forth about information that has not even been posted.. If this continues I will just close this thread. Something I wish I could do with the other thread. NO MORE random talk about anything other than this plane.
Tryin' to respect the OP's request; YOU like to make things difficult...

I'm interested in the build and the flying, but don't find the incessant need to nitpick and banter about every little detail in any way productive...
Old Feb 20, 2012, 03:16 PM
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Looks like an M3 screw, if so you can get them for computers. Just search aluminium thumb screws (Aluminum for those in the colonies ) on eBay. They come with two threads, 6/32 (course) for PC cases and M3 (fine) for holding in hard drives etc... You would want the M3 type (assuming the screw is M3).
My bad. Interestingly, I spell aluminium and the spell check on my iPhone corrects it to aluminum. Never knew they had different spellings around the world. Learned something new today
Old Feb 20, 2012, 03:24 PM
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Quote:
Awaiting your thoughts on build quality and ease of build. Do let us know if you think it's a good idea to add some reinforcements to the landing gear mount area, particularly for mere mortal 3d pilots like me who gets 2 or 3 hard landings every 10 or so landings