HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:54 PM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Thanks for the input silverexpress, guess I need to buy a 3D plane

As for the screen shots I posted, do you see anything i can tweak?

BTW as stated earlier - 2D is flawless, will try to get some video next weekend.

Thanks again,

FCA
FLAME747 is offline Find More Posts by FLAME747
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:15 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAME747 View Post

BTW as stated earlier - 2D is flawless, will try to get some video next weekend.

Thanks again,

FCA
FCA,

I am new to using a Guardian as well. My plane is a delta (Superfly) and it's operating off a radio with no slider or proportional knob (DX6i). So, my gains are set with the pots only. With no rudder I only have roll and pitch to adjust. My pot settings are at 50% with no oscillations. In 2D mode and 10-15 mph crosswind the stabilization is incredible. I can literally lay the radio on the ground. 3D mode has yet to be explored. That said, looking at your gain settings they are much lower than mine.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Jul 23, 2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:19 PM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Thanks for your input Bill, btw I searched Youtube earlier and saw 2 videos of a superfly delta with ET Guardian installed, are those your video? if so she looks pretty solid

FCA
FLAME747 is offline Find More Posts by FLAME747
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:41 PM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,382 Posts
Quote:

Thanks again,

FCA
Pickup a 3D plane and stick a Guardian in it. You'll be blown away on the fun factor it adds. The touchiness of non-stabilized exaggerated control surfaces go away. What you get is a pattern like flyer that can pitch, roll, and yaw on a dime.

Try a 3dhs, Precision Aerobatics, e-flite...etc... you'll be surprised how much the Guardian tames these wild beasts.

Anyhow, I found videos of people doing knifedges with the PZ T-28 on youtube, so there must be a setup recipe floating around these forums. Have you been able to do it without the Guardian? CG I know is very important on manuevers like this.
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:43 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,249 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for your input Bill, btw I searched Youtube earlier and saw 2 videos of a superfly delta with ET Guardian installed, are those your video? if so she looks pretty solid

FCA
Yes, those are the first two flight videos of my Superfly with a Guardian. The stability in a crosswind was jaw dropping. I didn't explore 3D mode much because of the wind.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:55 PM
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstick 8409 View Post
If you have to ask, you probably should not consider doing it. It may be a little tougher than he was alluding to also. It would certainly work on analog equipment, but not guaranteed (at all!) on a microprocessor controlled encoder.

I have quite a few flights on this with my tufflight bouncer. All I can say is WOW. I want one of these for each model I own now. Bravo Zulu to Eagletree. For learning hovers and what not, it is a great device. Slowly turn down the gain on a slider as you get more proficient. Next it is going in my Polaris for video work.
Thank you. I have already forgot it.
Stagger Wing is offline Find More Posts by Stagger Wing
Old Jul 23, 2012, 03:17 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,678 Posts
Got one of these on the way to try out in a big 3D foamie... will be interesting to see how it works... will report back and post videos in a week or so.
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:25 PM
who put that tree there
Joined Jun 2010
808 Posts
fitted one of these in a p/z bf109,
must say very impressed with it..
a Q.. the pc 3d mode display both 3d settings are enabled.
do i disable one..
dazza44 is offline Find More Posts by dazza44
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:06 PM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza44 View Post
fitted one of these in a p/z bf109,
must say very impressed with it..
a Q.. the pc 3d mode display both 3d settings are enabled.
do i disable one..
Try it with the Head Holding disabled. This is the component of the 3D mode that allows you to hold an orientation - which is not typical of warbirds. What you have left is 3D direct rate (systems response to stick input), and it'll primarily dampen out the wind.
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Last edited by Silverexpress; Jul 23, 2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:58 PM
Joined Oct 2011
465 Posts
Hi Guys
after reeding all the information and your discissions about Guardian 2D/3D, I am quite sure that you can answer this simple question for me, because you know eagletree system in such detail or at least you can redierct my question to the right forum, as follows:
I need help, really, I being trying to set the RTH in my skywalker with the guardian system, however for some rason when a try to use the simulator to verify my settings there is a notice in the screen that says: "Tilt Model is full Backwards". Please let me know your commets I will appreciate a lot!!! Thanks
gtlavin56 is offline Find More Posts by gtlavin56
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:03 PM
good till the first drop
michigan usa
Joined Jan 2005
607 Posts
Ok here is a good question when are we going to see a app for the guarding ? i can see a bluetooth plugin thats goes in the guarding and then the readout on my smartphone ok even better my iPad , o by next week would be even better
lesodell is offline Find More Posts by lesodell
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:29 PM
Chicago, USA and Manila, Philippines
Joined May 2007
153 Posts
The only thing im concerned is your "roll rate"... it seems like in 11:00 o clock? while the rest is around 2:00 oclock . If my understanding is correct, that is not countering your roll rate if you plane bank right and the roll rate will do nothing to corrrect it to bank towards left to stabilze? Also, you might need to increase your pot setting or master knob/slider in all axis to see how it holds and move on 3D mode.. Your setting could be on the low side...

Back to roll rate, can you do a static test how the aileron turns at that current setting and let us know..

Quote:
Ok guys I've been playing around with the Guardian installed in a PZ T-28, So far the 2D mode is flawless, did some additional tweaking yesterday and again in 2D mode the plane, landings are amazing

I did post before that I have the remote gain mapped to a slider, that slider position was left in the middle - it's my understanding, the unit is working off of the current pot settings - See pic of the 2D tab setting

now 3D mode is not performing as I had hoped it would, when I release the sticks it fails to hold it, i tried to do inverted and knife edge it only held for a brief moment

Can someone look at the attached screen shots of my Guarding setting and let me know if anything is "off" in the 3D tab

Thanks,

FCA
yurstruly is offline Find More Posts by yurstruly
Old Jul 24, 2012, 02:36 AM
who put that tree there
Joined Jun 2010
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress View Post
Try it with the Head Holding disabled. This is the component of the 3D mode that allows you to hold an orientation - which is not typical of warbirds. What you have left is 3D direct rate (systems response to stick input), and it'll primarily dampen out the wind.
thanks for that ill turn hh off...
dazza44 is offline Find More Posts by dazza44
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:48 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,548 Posts
Quote:
The only thing im concerned is your "roll rate"... it seems like in 11:00 o clock? while the rest is around 2:00 oclock . If my understanding is correct, that is not countering your roll rate if you plane bank right and the roll rate will do nothing to corrrect it to bank towards left to stabilze?
First off that depends on which way the servo dirrection is. X amount of gain (correction) could be 11 O clock or 1 O clock . Most important thing is that corretion is indeed in the correct direction.

I have suggested using 10 O Clock or 2 O Clock (depending or servo direction) as a staring point.
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jul 24, 2012, 01:51 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,678 Posts
I do not yet have my unit but was reading through the manual and one item that was not clear to me was the bullet point about 2/3 the way down on page 3...

"Ensure your Transmitter Pitch/Roll throws are set for 100% if applicable."

Is this talking about the travel limits on the transmitter set up for the channels? In some cases in order to prevent binding or to get equal throws of a control surface you may not have the "ATV" or "Travel Adjust" set to 100%, does this matter, or is the statement above referring to something else?

Thanks in Advance
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee