HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:09 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,833 Posts
Quote:
I do have one question, does the Guardian require you to reset level before every flight?
No , you set when installed and then after flying if any trim changes were made. Flight to flight not recalibration required.

Covered in the User's Manual which has been posted.

Received shipping notification today. My sent by USPS No Sig. required.
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:16 PM
McXtreme
ChicagoLand, Romeoville
Joined Feb 2008
20 Posts
Yippee!! I just received mine today. I pre-paid at the end of Feburary. This will be fun!
McXtreme is offline Find More Posts by McXtreme
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:59 PM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Let's see some install pics, or I will be installing this in ______

FCA

Aero65 - Where you able to do additional testing in 3D head holding mode
FLAME747 is offline Find More Posts by FLAME747
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:36 AM
Joined Apr 2012
35 Posts
Ordered 3/12 still no shipping notice. ET said it was to be shipped today. I hope so.
(
pm79311 is offline Find More Posts by pm79311
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:36 AM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Mine came in today. Ordered in Feb. Here it is installed in my Techone SU-31 and ready to fly. But I have to wait until after the fourth. I'll be out of town.

The setup was straight forward after I commandeered my daughter's smart phone USB cable. I have 15-20 USB cables but none had a micro USB end. It already had version 1.17 installed. I have the ailerons on separate channels so I needed seven channels. I swapped out the six channel orange receiver I was using with a nine channel one. Getting it and the Guardian installed and connected was very simple.

All the servos went the wrong way using the factory settings in the pots. I just moved them all to the opposite side of 0. I'm using about 70 on all the pots. I also did the Servo Config to set the servo limits. Both 2D and 3D modes would drive the servos past their limits if the gain was high. All the setup was easy. The pop up helps in the windows program are really helpful.

I have a FY-20a so I expect 2D mode to work the same, only better. I'm really looking forward to the 3D mode. Maybe I'll surprise the 3D fliers before they realize I'm cheating. Hey, they use mixes.

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:03 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,833 Posts
Received another shipping notification today. That makes two in two days, I was under the impression that both of my Pre- Orders would be combined and shiped as one but OH well atleast they are on the wya. Now to wait and see how many come with first shipment and how many with shipment #2 not that it really matters..

I guess the reason for two shipments is that they are being very careful to fill /ship pre-orders in the order received and that even applies to us beta testers.

Charles
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:42 AM
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Well looks like i did not place my order in time with Ready Made RC, first batch is sold out . They said a few more weeks before additional units arrive

Keep the pics, and video coming

FCA
Old Jul 03, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Jul 2009
303 Posts
Mixing Question

Just got my Guardian 2D/3D stab units & after reading the manual, am a bit confused about mixing. I understand what the manual says about the unit doing any mixing needed for elevon or V-Tail configurations, but what about any others? Rudder to aileron or elevator to flap,for example.

Jed
jedorme is offline Find More Posts by jedorme
Old Jul 03, 2012, 05:23 PM
Blu-Core is my friend
La Crosse, WI
Joined Apr 2006
818 Posts
got mine today!!!
But the 10.43 software does not see it...
computer sees it...
its doing the "blink, blink, blink" just like is should...

loaded the software 2 times
restarted the computer several times
but I can not get the "next" button to un-gray so I can move on in the wizard

Later,
Gundy
Gundy is offline Find More Posts by Gundy
Old Jul 03, 2012, 05:36 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,833 Posts
Guardian 2D/3D only does wing type mixs internal.

Quote:
but what about any others? Rudder to aileron or elevator to flap,for example.
Done in the Transmitter same as always just do not try and use elevon or V-Tail mix in the Transmitter.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 05:57 PM
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Guardian 2D/3D only does wing type mixs internal.

Done in the Transmitter same as always just do not try and use elevon or V-Tail mix in the Transmitter.

So how would I set up a Stryker or FunJet Ultra

FCA
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:57 PM
Rick
United States, CA, Santa Clara
Joined Mar 2011
2,164 Posts
I hope ET will tell us when shipment of the first batch is complete so people with late orders will know they aren't getting one until Aug. and not hanging on for weeks hoping. I ordered April 30 so I'm not sure if I made the first batch or not.
choochoo22 is offline Find More Posts by choochoo22
Old Jul 03, 2012, 08:07 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,393 Posts
I'm glad to see that more people are receiving their guardian.

this is going to be fun watching you guys run this product.

I don't have a plane to put it on since I am using OSD Pro, and guardian expander, or I would be right there with you all...
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:01 PM
Joined Apr 2012
35 Posts
I ordered march 12 and still no shipping notice. ET does have my correct email address. Others who ordered after me have got shipping notices and product. I know not to depend on usps to be timely but I would think if they are going in purchased order. ET would have sent a shipping notice.
pm79311 is offline Find More Posts by pm79311
Old Jul 03, 2012, 10:44 PM
Honolulu
Joined Jul 2003
110 Posts
Hi Flame 747

We are getting very close to our field shutdown for the Rimpac military maneuvers we will be down till Aug 5th. So this weekend the Navy was working on one of their P-3 Orion aircraft on the fields compass rose, unfortunately it is on long final at our field so bummer.

So to be a little productive I documented my install on my MB339 (going to use this plane to test 3D hh) Ill be posing it a bit.

There is an outside chance that I can fly on the 4th fingers crossed.
Aero65 is offline Find More Posts by Aero65