HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 03:28 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
It's not a restricted forum or anything but this thread is about the Guardian, not the A3.
The A3 has a thread of it's own.
Sorry. I was trying to say that how well the A3Pro head holding holds (or drifts) remains to be seen, while this thread has reports on how well the Guardian head holding holds.
I have reworded my post to try to better reflect this.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:36 PM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
For those who jumped in early on the 1st pre-order and ordered a few extra units, if you care to part with one let me know, looks like all the resellers are also sold out of the 1st batch.

Thanks,

FCA

ET website is updated - 1st batch of pre-orders will be shipped between middle to late June, that's good enough for me
FLAME747 is offline Find More Posts by FLAME747
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Apr 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
Sorry. I was trying to say that how well the A3Pro head holding holds (or drifts) remains to be seen, while this thread has reports on how well the Guardian head holding holds.
I have reworded my post to try to better reflect this.
Price and quality asside

We do assume that the other device is not vaper ware as it can be ordered and there is a online manual.
pm79311 is offline Find More Posts by pm79311
Last edited by pm79311; Jun 01, 2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: correction
Old Jun 01, 2012, 11:25 PM
Joined Mar 2009
216 Posts
I may have missed this detail along the way, but are the modes (2D, 3D, etc.) and the gains controlled by the same channel like rate and HH are controlled on a typical gyro? Or are modes and gains on separate channels ?

Thanks,

Dick
otrcman is online now Find More Posts by otrcman
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:34 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
All, I wanted to do a quick update re Guardian ship date. There are still a very few things that can go wrong (Murphy and entropy, primarily), but at this point my confidence is high that we will begin shipping the first production run in mid/late June. I want to again say how much I appreciate your patience, and the enthusiasm about this product!

Dick, there are a few configuration options, but the ideal one is to have a 3 position switch controlling the mode, and a knob controlling the gain. But, neither of these is required, of course. The settings can be adjusted on the ground via the potientiometers, the radio stick menus and/or the PC UI, if you do not have free Rx channels.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:39 PM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,550 Posts
So I get the big 72" slick out to the field today. Get it all set up. Wind is about 15-17 mph. Wind hits plane, plane knocks transmitter off of bench into the sand. Sand in everything. 3 Pos switch now will not work. Blew the 3pos switch out with air and it's still not working. Now to dis-assemble the Aurora 9 and take the darn switch/s apart. Hopefully before tomorrow. If not for bad luck I'd not have any.
HansAuf is online now Find More Posts by HansAuf
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:56 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansAuf View Post
So I get the big 72" slick out to the field today. Get it all set up. Wind is about 15-17 mph. Wind hits plane, plane knocks transmitter off of bench into the sand. Sand in everything. 3 Pos switch now will not work. Blew the 3pos switch out with air and it's still not working. Now to dis-assemble the Aurora 9 and take the darn switch/s apart. Hopefully before tomorrow. If not for bad luck I'd not have any.
Talk about Murphy. That's so sad, it's almost funny.
DavidN is offline Find More Posts by DavidN
Old Jun 02, 2012, 06:22 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
There are still a very few things that can go wrong (Murphy and entropy, primarily), .
That's funny.

"What can go wrong, will go wrong, & all things tend to go toward randomness"
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jun 02, 2012, 06:47 PM
Account closed - user passed away
Chicago
Joined Nov 2009
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansAuf View Post
HansAuf,

That's not the kind of flight report I was looking for.

Hope you get things straightened out.

Mike
Patron is offline Find More Posts by Patron
Old Jun 02, 2012, 08:04 PM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
All, I wanted to do a quick update re Guardian ship date. There are still a very few things that can go wrong (Murphy and entropy, primarily), but at this point my confidence is high that we will begin shipping the first production run in mid/late June. I want to again say how much I appreciate your patience, and the enthusiasm about this product!

Dick, there are a few configuration options, but the ideal one is to have a 3 position switch controlling the mode, and a knob controlling the gain. But, neither of these is required, of course. The settings can be adjusted on the ground via the potientiometers, the radio stick menus and/or the PC UI, if you do not have free Rx channels.
Bill is it possible for ET to post directions on how to set up the gain to be controlled via a knob on the radio

Users such as myself will need to be able to select high gain for landing, and lower gain for high speed flight

Thanks,

FCA

PS: I hope guardian will help me break 200mph with my grossly overpowered FunJet