HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 08, 2012, 05:14 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm79311 View Post
Lets see now, I think Spring is March, April, and May.
That would mean Summer starts about June 1. and late Spring is upon us. Does that mean that we are about to see a ship date? I really wish it was that simple, However I understand that difficulties can occur. Has anyone heard of any change in shipping date, or have they backed off of the late Spring date? It would be nice if we could be getting it soon, or at least get some idea or estimate or guess as to when we can expect shipping?
May is only the end of the Fall/Autumn down under, so I hope they're not talking our seasons. I jumped on the queue weeks ago.
J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2012, 09:51 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,877 Posts
I thought in Antarctica You had 2 seasons. Winter with light & Winter without light.
DavidN is offline Find More Posts by DavidN
Old May 09, 2012, 07:13 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,950 Posts
Oohhhh you been watching Happy Feet.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old May 09, 2012, 09:10 AM
'cus I fly a long time
United States, UT, Lehi
Joined Jul 2004
238 Posts
just read this on their webpage:
Preorder: shipping approximately late spring, 2012. UPDATE - BACKORDER! Initial preorder quantities have sold out, all new orders will draw stock from second batch. Anciticpated ship date Aug 2012. .
flying camel is offline Find More Posts by flying camel
Old May 09, 2012, 11:05 AM
Joined Mar 2001
2,624 Posts
I placed an order very early in the process. I hope mine is one of the early batch.

Tony
t-turley is offline Find More Posts by t-turley
Old May 09, 2012, 11:20 AM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
Preorder: shipping approximately late spring, 2012. UPDATE - BACKORDER! Initial preorder quantities have sold out, all new orders will draw stock from second batch. Anciticpated ship date Aug 2012. .
Ah so the first batch will ship July or before.
Old May 09, 2012, 11:34 AM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
I have a question I hope someone here can help with. I've already got the ET OSD pro with datalogger & gps expander, my plane is 3 channel.

I'd like to try the Guardian to see how it works stabilizing the plane, but I'd also like to see if or how it can be used to stabilize camera gimbals. I have a 2 axis gopro mount, with tilt and roll servos, and would particularly like to have the tilt axis stabilized for video, to try and minimize the bending horizon with the gopro.

Can I stablize one axis with the unused channel on the Guardian expander? or should I be looking at getting this stand alone unit?
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old May 09, 2012, 12:47 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
Now how did I foresee that happening?

See post 243 Apr. 1 where I raised that concern and then Bill posted on Apr. 4 post # that there were units not spoken for in the first batch.

I also posted a reply in post #354 why many of us pre-order ,to reserve our place in line.

Perhaps some who waited to long can get on some of the vendor's pre-order list.

As for me the first flight with it convinced me that I just had to have multi units . Just yesterday I had a bad launch(due to gusty wind) with a combat wing that resulted in a broken prop. Not a big deal but $2 and aggravation that the Guardian 2D/3D would have prevented.
I flew the Guardian equiped Lill Banchee in the same winds and hands off the transmitter launches , hand free hovers and knife edges as well as very nice (for me) 4 point rolls were super easy and landings were a non event..

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; May 09, 2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old May 09, 2012, 12:48 PM
Joined Oct 2011
11 Posts
Just Great
FPV101 is offline Find More Posts by FPV101
Old May 09, 2012, 01:23 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
647 Posts
first Guardian Quad tests

Hi Folks

Here are some clips testing and tuning the guardian on a quad. The firmware is still being refined currently, and I am still adjusting PIDs with the new PC software.

I am pretty impressed that the same board can go from 3D aerobatics in a plane to this

Guardian Quad 2.mp4 (5 min 15 sec)

Folks - for safety sake - please do not try to push your quad in the air by hand like in the video !!!

Best

Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
Last edited by alros_100; May 10, 2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old May 09, 2012, 01:31 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Feb 2006
1,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alros_100 View Post
Hi Folks

Here are some clips testing and tuning the guardian on a quad. The firmware is still being refined currently, and I am still adjusting PIDs with the new PC software.

I am pretty impressed that the same board can go from 3D aerobatics in a plane to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C06v1vNwuQk

Al
That's awesome. Please post a pic of your installation too. I got all the parts for a quad, but haven't gotten around to building it yet. This looks very promising, I will try to put mine together soon.

-tychoc
tychoc is offline Find More Posts by tychoc
Old May 09, 2012, 02:08 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alros_100 View Post
Hi Folks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C06v1vNwuQk

Al
@alros_100,
Is the Guardian being used as the Quad Flight Controller or only for the Self-Level or stabilization assist?
ricoalonso is offline Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Old May 09, 2012, 02:43 PM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Hopefully some of the ET dealers will have a few units for sale from the first batch

If not I'm grounded indefinitely

FCA
FLAME747 is offline Find More Posts by FLAME747
Old May 09, 2012, 06:07 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoalonso View Post
@alros_100,
Is the Guardian being used as the Quad Flight Controller or only for the Self-Level or stabilization assist?
The guardian is doing everything ! I will post a picture of the quad tonight

Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
Old May 09, 2012, 07:20 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV101 View Post
Just Great
But other Hobby outlets may not have presold their quota.