HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 02:38 PM
Michael
United States, ME, Wells
Joined May 2008
912 Posts
Similar Point

I like your comment to "inhibit[s] Flaps" as I think that is the key.

The radios make a lot of assumptions (and corresponding assignments) that we sometimes ignore, but occasionally nip at our sixes.

Hopefully, someone with the right TX can help.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentDude View Post
Hi Rick215

I don't have DXs7 but DX8. In this Tx, you can only use Aux-1 channel to Gain using the knob. This means you've to inhibits Flaps. So it's an either or but not both.

I think Snowflake6515 has not got your Tx so it's difficult for him to give you the solution. And I don't have DX7s but I know DX8 is only an one step upgrade from DX7.

But please also see re-calibration I mentioned in the previous post.

Cheers
Snowflake6515 is offline Find More Posts by Snowflake6515
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2013, 03:00 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich215 View Post
The right aileron is connected to the AIL port on the Guardian and the Left aileron is connected to the Aux port on the Guardian. Rudder and Elevator are in their respective ports on the Guardian.

Wing type in the TX is set to (2) Ail and (1) Flap.
@Rich215:

Did you try and uncheck the 'Flaperon Inputs Unmixed' box in the setup software?
ricoalonso is offline Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Last edited by ricoalonso; Mar 10, 2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:14 PM
United States, CT, South Coventry
Joined Jun 2011
129 Posts
Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

Even though the plane has no flaps I selected the 2 ail/1 flap because I thought that was necessary to get the flap switch to work. I was wrong about that. It is only if you want to set the percentage values for the 3 positions. I just tried selecting 2 Ail only in the wing selection and made sure the Flap switch was mapped to the gear channel, re bound the TX/RX and I still have the same problem. When the flap switch is moved you can watch the monitor and the gear channel will go from -100% to 0% to +100%.

Snowflake,
I'm sure you're correct but I'm just not seeing it.

I'm assuming the Flap switch mapped to the gear channel and the knob mapped to the Aux2 output is correct because the flap switch will change the mode LED on the Guardian like it's supposed to and the control surfaces will deflect in the correct direction. If I turn the gain knob all the way down there is no deflection, if I turn it up the deflection will increase.

If I go to the Switch Select menu the only 2 switches that are changed are the Flap to the gear channel and Knob to Aux2. All the others are inhibited. If I watch the monitor screen when moving the Aileron stick the right and left aileron sliders are the only ones that move. If I select no stabilization with the Flap switch (LED on the Guardian is off) then the left Aileron is the only one that moves. The right will twitch a little sometimes. If I reverse the aileron servo wires on the Guardian the action will reverse. Also I have the trims in the TX set so that when the Guardian was not installed both ailerons were at nuetral. If I do the trim reset when powering the Guardian on the left aileron ends up about 1/4" high and the right is about 1/8" low.

One other thing I just remembered. I even went and reset the model in the TX software and started from scratch but that didn't help either.

I enjoy a good challenge once in a while but this being my first experience with the Guardian it's got me stumped......
Rich215 is online now Find More Posts by Rich215
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Rich215; Mar 10, 2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:16 PM
Joined Jun 2011
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoalonso View Post
@Rich215:

Did you try and uncheck the 'Flaperon Inputs Unmixed' box in the setup software?
I believe I did but I can't recall exactly. I did use the software to reset factory defaults but the problem was still there..

Stay tuned..................
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Redwing RC Slick 540
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:29 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich215 View Post
I believe I did but I can't recall exactly. I did use the software to reset factory defaults but the problem was still there..

Stay tuned..................
My Radio system (T8FG) is different from yours but, I just got back from checking on my 2-Ail plane and here's what I did:

Left Aileron servo --> Guardian's Ail --> Rx Ail
Right Aileron servo --> Guardian's Aux --> Rx Ch6 (Ail2)

Then, in the Data Recorder (Setup software), I unchecked the 'Flaperon Inputs Unmixed' box. If I have it checked then the Ail2 will not move at all.

BTW, make sure you click on the 'Apply' button everytime you change any parameter. Also, the factory reset will get this box checked... at least in mine.
Last edited by ricoalonso; Mar 10, 2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:35 PM
Joined Jun 2011
129 Posts
Quote:
@Rich215:

We have a winner!!!!!

Brought to my knees by a simple check box....

Thanks Rico
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:37 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,473 Posts
cool. I'm glad you figured that out quick. happy flying
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:46 PM
Gravity gives sinking feeling
Joined Jun 2011
1,314 Posts
Hi Rich215

Glad you got your Guardian to work.

As I said, there are some really helpful and knowledgeable members here who'd solve any issue you might have as a first time user.

But I still advice you to do the alignment, if you've not done so yet. This a simple step but missing this has caused problems to a number of members.

Keep us posted how your actual flying with Guardian goes.

Cheers
CurrentDude is offline Find More Posts by CurrentDude
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Cat Undercarriage
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:06 PM
Joined Jun 2011
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentDude View Post
Hi Rich215

Glad you got your Guardian to work.

As I said, there are some really helpful and knowledgeable members here who'd solve any issue you might have as a first time user.

But I still advice you to do the alignment, if you've not done so yet. This a simple step but missing this has caused problems to a number of members.

Keep us posted how your actual flying with Guardian goes.

Cheers
Will do. I still have to relocate the receiver and a couple other odds and ends so I'll make sure I rebind the TX/RX once it's all set.

Thanks again everyone....
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:51 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,259 Posts
Maybe a question that has been asked before - but I cant read 3549 posts to get an answer...

I have read the Eagle Tree website and it doesnt say that I can use the Guardian 2D/3D Stabilizer with my OSD pro - is it possible or is the Guardian the only one for the OSD pro?

I have:
Elogger V4 100+150A
OSD Pro
GPS V4
Power Panel
Baro Alti
Temps, RPM etc etc .....
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Mar 11, 2013, 02:17 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,473 Posts
@tritan:

Perhaps posts #3088 and #3089 in page 206 of this thread is the answer you are looking for?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 04:51 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,259 Posts
Quote:
@tritan:

Perhaps posts #3088 and #3089 in page 206 of this thread is the answer you are looking for?
Thanks ricoalonso,
in all the years I have had my eaglee tree's this is the first time I am disappointed with ET.

Why on earth make such a nice stabilizer and then not be able to connect to the OSD Pro ??????
Old Mar 12, 2013, 05:40 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
1,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
Thanks ricoalonso,
in all the years I have had my eaglee tree's this is the first time I am disappointed with ET.

Why on earth make such a nice stabilizer and then not be able to connect to the OSD Pro ??????
I asked a similar question here. You may know this but some may like to read it. Read posts # 17 18 19 and 20 here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1778859&page=2
It seems for the OSD Pro you use the Expander instead.
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Mar 12, 2013, 05:53 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,863 Posts
Now that the OSD Pro issue is solved we can return to regular programming regarding the standalone Guardian.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 12, 2013, 06:54 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,259 Posts
Ok,so the Guardian 2D/3D Stabilizer can NOT connect to OSD Pro and no RTH but I can use these two units at the same time just not connected?