HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:42 PM
Joined Aug 2005
945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butthead View Post
Is there any possibility of a future firmware update that will allow for the switch between rate and headlock 3D via the transmitter, or this will never be an option due to the hardware? Right now, when one selects 3D mode in flight, or through the transmitter, it has to be only one type of 3D, previously selected during set up. It would be cool to have 4 options in flight: off, 2D, rate 3D, and headlock 3D - for that, 2 switches would be used in the transmitter: one for on/off and one for the 3 modes. Thoughts?
I made a similar, but slightly simpler request. 3D - off - 3D. With the ability to "option" each 3D differently. So you could have 3D HH - off - 3D no HH. The response was they'd add it to their list of feature requests.

Should be interesting to see what the next firmware version includes.
t.edwards is offline Find More Posts by t.edwards
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:53 PM
Joined Oct 2008
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.edwards View Post
It (Guardian) accomodates dual aileron servos.
I need dual elevator servos. I did a search and didn't fined anyone using the SR10 Servo Reverser.
willy43 is offline Find More Posts by willy43
Old Mar 06, 2013, 08:44 PM
United States, CA, San Marino
Joined Jun 2003
62 Posts
It should work fine with the servo reverser, but if you have high amp draw, consider bypassing the power from the guardian.
gauchers is offline Find More Posts by gauchers
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:03 PM
Joined Aug 2005
945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy43 View Post
I need dual elevator servos.
Sorry, brain fade, I mis-read.
t.edwards is offline Find More Posts by t.edwards
Old Mar 06, 2013, 09:08 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Jan 2012
14 Posts
Hi just put one of these on my quadcopter with a Gaui 344 unit from a 330x
, i have used a fy-20a with good results so i thought i would try your unit.
Fyetech have brought out firmware for their fy-30a and have one of these units on another quad with fantastic resuts.
Do you have any thoughts about bringing quad firmware to your unit.
Thanks Mat Nottingham Uk.
quadmat is offline Find More Posts by quadmat
Old Mar 07, 2013, 02:58 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
1,943 Posts
A servo reverser should work fine with the Guardian. I use reversers on 2 planes with cheaper gyros and they are fine.
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Last edited by Grantham Kid; Mar 07, 2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 10:48 AM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy43 View Post
I need dual elevator servos. I did a search and didn't fined anyone using the SR10 Servo Reverser.
If your Rx is Spektrum, the company has warnings that it may be a problem.
DavidN is offline Find More Posts by DavidN
Old Mar 07, 2013, 11:02 AM
Joined Oct 2008
42 Posts
Thanks I didn't see why it wouldn't work. I will post what I find out it will be a week or two.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 11:04 AM
Joined Oct 2008
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN View Post
If your Rx is Spektrum, the company has warnings that it may be a problem.
I only use Futaba.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 02:13 PM
Joined Feb 2009
64 Posts
EagleTree Support?

I have sent support tickets, posted videos, config files and still can't get any support from EagleTree. I own a ton of EagleTree stuff and have gotten little or NO support from EagleTree.

If you call them you hear the message about "limited support" on M W and F. Well so far I can't get them to answer the phone on ANY DAY!

I've never seen a company as scared of their customers as EagleTree. If all you want to do is take my $$$$ and provide ZERO support than I think you may very well be in for a dose of business reality.

Pitiful!

Fred Herrmann
ftherrmann is offline Find More Posts by ftherrmann
Old Mar 07, 2013, 03:01 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2006
46 Posts
I'm afraid that Fred is right...
Butthead is offline Find More Posts by Butthead
Old Mar 07, 2013, 03:59 PM
Michael
United States, ME, Wells
Joined May 2008
927 Posts
Eagle Tree Support

I am sorry to hear about your support issues.

While not in the class of, say, Horizon Hobby, I have found that it might take a few days for someone from EagleTree to respond, but I have always had a response; quicker to a formal trouble ticket / support request from the website, perhaps a little slower if posted first to this forum - but, it is measured in days.

The response has always been targeted to my specific problem, requests screen shots, or saved configuration files, etc.

I have no relationship with EagleTree other than owning several Guardians.

I would not give up on them; their products are worth it.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftherrmann View Post
I have sent support tickets, posted videos, config files and still can't get any support from EagleTree. I own a ton of EagleTree stuff and have gotten little or NO support from EagleTree.

If you call them you hear the message about "limited support" on M W and F. Well so far I can't get them to answer the phone on ANY DAY!

I've never seen a company as scared of their customers as EagleTree. If all you want to do is take my $$$$ and provide ZERO support than I think you may very well be in for a dose of business reality.

Pitiful!

Fred Herrmann
Snowflake6515 is offline Find More Posts by Snowflake6515
Old Mar 07, 2013, 04:19 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,941 Posts
Just got my Guardian today. Will be installing it in my autogyro. I e mailed EagleTree a few weeks ago asking about the Guardian and got an naswer is 2 or 3 days.
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Mar 07, 2013, 04:23 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
Butthead/Fred, sorry you're not happy with our support!

Butthead,
Quote:
Is there any possibility of a future firmware update that will allow for the switch between rate and headlock 3D via the transmitter, or this will never be an option due to the hardware? Right now, when one selects 3D mode in flight, or through the transmitter, it has to be only one type of 3D, previously selected during set up. It would be cool to have 4 options in flight: off, 2D, rate 3D, and headlock 3D - for that, 2 switches would be used in the transmitter: one for on/off and one for the 3 modes. Thoughts?
We had a long discussion about this this morning, and there have been similar requests. What we plan to do is add support in the PC software to let users configure each position of the mode switch (up to 3 positions) to be whatever you want them to be. I think that will cover most of the possibilities. I don't think we'll support multiple mode switches, but the gain input can still be used to turn stabilization on and off, essentially.

fherrmann, you posted an OSD RTH related issue here on the 4th, I requested additional information on the 5th, you posted more information the afternoon of the 5th, and I reviewed your data and responded today indicating the problem appears to me to be due to turning off your PPM radio in-flight. RTH issues are quite often not easy to debug, and nearly impossible to do over the phone, due to the expertise and data required to debug them.

Re support in general, we have a way to go to reach perfection, I agree. We're increasing our support staff in April, which should greatly reduce lead time for the more complex issues.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 07, 2013, 05:47 PM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2006
46 Posts
Thank you for the feedback, but I still believe that enabling 2 switches - one for on/off and one for the 3 modes would be much better. That arrangement would also be more user friendly for those with transmitters that do not have three-position switches.
Butthead is offline Find More Posts by Butthead