Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 06:40 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,173 Posts
I'm really liking the sounds of all these features!
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,919 Posts
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

choochoo22,
Quote:
I notice the Guardian is being advertised in magazines now. Perhaps that means it will start shipping soon.
Production is going smoothly, and we're counting down the days.

On that subject, we've gotten a few more production test units that are perfect, and we're looking for a few more people to help us beta test, in addition to the fantastic help we've gotten so far.

If you're interested, please shoot me an email here and let me know what you're flying. The main things we're looking for are people who are actively flying right now, several days a week, and want to try the Guardian in a variety of models. Specifically, people who have:
- Elevon models (as well as fixed wing, for course)
- Quads
- Other "exotics"
- Gimbal mounted cameras that could benefit from stabilization
- Helis (down the road)

Would love to hear from you!

pm79311,
Quote:
Any word on release date for the manual or the software?
We'll be posting the manual soon. We're continue to hone and expand the software based on user feedback:

Note that a PC is NOT required to configure the Guardian, though.

pm79311,
Quote:
A port for a GPS and a RTH feature would also be nice.
The Guardian indeed has a data port - we're just waiting to hear what we should do with it first.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:46 AM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
It already has flutter detection and reduction build in without need of an external speed sensor. It also has adjustable gain input by way of the transmitter which as I suggested much earlier could be tied (mixed) to the thrittle so as speed increases gain is reduced. Not a perfect solution for all flying types but woreable. One can also use a seperate channel (slider controled) and adjust overall gain during different flight situations or even a 3 pos. switch with three different gains such as flight modes.

Charles
The flutter detection sounds real neat. I'm eager to try it out. On a plane with a wide speed envelope, like my Funjet Ultra {currently flying with an FY30A), looking for a switch or a slider to actuate can become confusing when you take into account how quickly this slippery airframe can accelerate. On the FY30A, I just have the option of switching it off, or manually lowering the pots (downside is it affects the low speed stabilization).

Flutter detection sounds like the ticket for EDF's too. When's that ship date again?

PM sent to Bill!
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Last edited by Silverexpress; Apr 30, 2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:00 AM
Rick
United States, CA, Santa Clara
Joined Mar 2011
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
The Guardian indeed has a data port - we're just waiting to hear what we should do with it first.
1. Altitude hold

2. Return home
choochoo22 is online now Find More Posts by choochoo22
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:47 AM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,473 Posts
For Helis, it will be nice to have this as a self-level or bail-out assist when things start to go out of control.
ricoalonso is offline Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:59 AM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Bill -your mailbox is full. Lol

I have several delta wings
FJ Ultra solid 170mph
Stryker F27Q around 130-140

Scimitar upgraded power system, yet to be flown
Waiting on the guardian 2D/3D to be released

FCA
FLAME747 is offline Find More Posts by FLAME747
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:05 AM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,382 Posts
Bill,

Just in case you did not get my PM/Email, I have an Electrifly Fokker DR-1 awaiting electronics.

Jose
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:37 AM
Crash - Rebuild - Repeat
Atlanta, GA
Joined Aug 2007
496 Posts
Does anyone have any idea when these will be in stock?!?
efether is offline Find More Posts by efether
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:04 PM
UK, Leeds.
Joined Mar 2009
398 Posts
Bill

2 PM's sent let me know if not recieved.
rew-7 is offline Find More Posts by rew-7
Old May 01, 2012, 07:46 AM
Honolulu
Joined Jul 2003
109 Posts
Great product just put in an order for 3 of these!

In regard to post #272

Quote:>>>>>>>>>>>>
I noticed you power the unit through the throttle channel from the Rx. Could we use a Y cable in this instance to power the unit from UBEC?
Yes, for models with higher servo draw, the two options are to run a male-male servo wire (with signal wire disconnected) from the Aux servo output of the Guardian to your UBEC or a spare channel. Or, if you are using the Aux servo output, a simple Y cable can be used (again with the signal wire disconnected).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I fly turbines and we have some moderate to high draw servos, (esp full flying stabs) if we feed the servo output block with lets say 6v without the signal wire is there any chance that the higher voltage could feed back to receiver, or is the power side of the output for the servos isolated from the input voltage?

I currently have a F-4D skyray (Elevon wing), and F-4 Phantom both flying with 3 axis stabilization, using current off the shelf mems gyros. I'm really looking fwd to having a very compact and integrated system.

I also setup my friends F-22 turbine with a 3 axis setup and we also have experimented with pushing the CG back for relaxed pitch stability. The F-22 fly's better with the rear cg and with the stabilization is great to fly.

Here is a link to some of the jets flying with Gyros. (sorry did not post a F-22 vid)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Aero1965...e=results_main
Aero65 is offline Find More Posts by Aero65
Old May 01, 2012, 07:49 AM
Crash - Rebuild - Repeat
Atlanta, GA
Joined Aug 2007
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efether View Post
Does anyone have any idea when these will be in stock?!?
Well?!? Anyone? Anyone?? Bueller? Bueller??
efether is offline Find More Posts by efether
Old May 01, 2012, 09:42 AM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero65 View Post
Great product just put in an order for 3 of these!

In regard to post #272

Quote:>>>>>>>>>>>>
I noticed you power the unit through the throttle channel from the Rx. Could we use a Y cable in this instance to power the unit from UBEC?
Yes, for models with higher servo draw, the two options are to run a male-male servo wire (with signal wire disconnected) from the Aux servo output of the Guardian to your UBEC or a spare channel. Or, if you are using the Aux servo output, a simple Y cable can be used (again with the signal wire disconnected).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I fly turbines and we have some moderate to high draw servos, (esp full flying stabs) if we feed the servo output block with lets say 6v without the signal wire is there any chance that the higher voltage could feed back to receiver, or is the power side of the output for the servos isolated from the input voltage?

I currently have a F-4D skyray (Elevon wing), and F-4 Phantom both flying with 3 axis stabilization, using current off the shelf mems gyros. I'm really looking fwd to having a very compact and integrated system.

I also setup my friends F-22 turbine with a 3 axis setup and we also have experimented with pushing the CG back for relaxed pitch stability. The F-22 fly's better with the rear cg and with the stabilization is great to fly.

Here is a link to some of the jets flying with Gyros. (sorry did not post a F-22 vid)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Aero1965...e=results_main
Aero65,

Nice work. Makes me want one!
Old May 01, 2012, 09:44 AM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,504 Posts
Finally back from SEFF and all settled in. Time to get back out in the afternoons and start testing the Guardian with some different planes. Stay tuned.
HansAuf is offline Find More Posts by HansAuf
Old May 01, 2012, 04:59 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,173 Posts
If I understand the process of getting items to market - if Bill is still sourcing volunteers for Beta testing - then until that is over these will not be released?
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old May 01, 2012, 06:50 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansAuf View Post
Finally back from SEFF and all settled in. Time to get back out in the afternoons and start testing the Guardian with some different planes. Stay tuned.
you didn't fly anything at SEFF with it in? I wish I could had a unit and went to SEFF so many people could have been introduced to it there
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc