HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:48 AM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelT1960 View Post
But it did work! What would the difference be?

Michael
It worked because you were able to reverse the guardian contol surface correction direction. When you do remount it in the correct orientation, you will have to use the pots to reverse them again!

If all you are doing is flying sedate 2d mode without direction hold, it probably works ok. But if you do anything more complex with the guardian, suggest you mount it in the correct direction

Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:57 AM
United States, IN, Crown Point
Joined Nov 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIAM M View Post
Hi guys

I just got my 2d3d, 3 days ago. I have seen that this unit can be changed from plane to plane.

From eagle tree [Our PC software also allows you to save and restore model profiles, making it easy to move the Guardian from plane to plane without reconfiguration!]

So I built this snug fitting holder for each plane to make it fit level. It will not slip out.
The holder will be screwed/ or glued in.

what problems do you all think I will encounter, moving it from plane to plane??

Bill N
I'm Just wondering how well the USB connection is. The micro USB connector on my daughters Kindle seamed to get loose after 8 months of plugging and unplugging for charging. I realize that this would not be as often but....

I have not liked all these small/micro connectors for a while on any device. They just seam so fragile.

I will be installing mine some time this winter in anticipation for next season, and hoping that I never have a problem with it. I will be ordering the short USB cable to mount to the 2D3D and running the other end to some type of USB panel mount (most likely home made) to make plugging into the laptop at the field easier.

Just say'n.......
Spectremaster is offline Find More Posts by Spectremaster
Last edited by Spectremaster; Oct 28, 2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Adding a statement
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:23 PM
Rick
United States, CA, Santa Clara
Joined Mar 2011
1,635 Posts
Quote:
what problems do you all think I will encounter, moving it from plane to plane??

Bill N
Aside from the hassle of moving all those plugs I should think the biggest problem would be setup. Different planes will likely need different direction and gain settings and possibly some advanced settings. They will probably need level and trim changes which can take several flights to get right. If you take care you may be able to zero your trims and tweak the level physically in each plane so resetting the Guardian can be avoided.
choochoo22 is offline Find More Posts by choochoo22
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:06 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,791 Posts
Originally Posted by WILLIAM M

Bill N

Possibly connector wear leading to loose connections if it is very frequent swapping. I maybe worrying over nothing
DavidN is offline Find More Posts by DavidN
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:58 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,364 Posts
Quote:
I just got my 2d3d, 3 days ago. I have seen that this unit can be changed from plane to plane.

From eagle tree [Our PC software also allows you to save and restore model profiles, making it easy to move the Guardian from plane to plane without reconfiguration!]
In addation to what others have posted , it is true that you can save a setup to your computer and then reload it latter however you still have to adjust the pots so that the saved and present setting match. Everything is not saved in a file and flashed to memory as some may think.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:32 PM
KJ4YNM
Manassas, VA
Joined Sep 2006
1,405 Posts
Too bad I don't have one yet. The next day or two might be the perfect time to really test it out.

--
Tom
RCPtero is offline Find More Posts by RCPtero
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:29 PM
Long Island, NY
Joined May 2010
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
In addation to what others have posted , it is true that you can save a setup to your computer and then reload it latter however you still have to adjust the pots so that the saved and present setting match. Everything is not saved in a file and flashed to memory as some may think.

Charles
Now I understand why the software shows 2 sets of pot images!
Galand is offline Find More Posts by Galand
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:46 PM
GOTTA FLY STRIGHT UP
United States, FL, Lake City
Joined Jun 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatonka View Post
How snug is snug?....If it's too tight I think constant wear and tear of it being stuck in there and taken out again plus getting kicked around moving from plane to plane will take it's toll eventually.
Tatonka
If you look at the plastic case of the D2D3 if it is like mine it is a parallelogram.
I made the holder square. this is the thing that holds it in my holder and it don't shake out. however it slides out with little push.

I will be using the servo mounting double sticky sided foam between the plane and the mount to isolate vibrations. I have purchased extra servo connection cables from ET

I was hoping that I could use the adjustable gain knob on my tx to adjust from plane to plane.
I may have to reverse some servos and then put the push rod on the opposite side of the servo, and I may have to change some throw settings on the plane.
Or I can save plane programs on the comp. using the program I downloaded, and then reload the correct plane.

Guys I just can't put them on all my planes I have 45 flyable planes.

I can only fit 22 planes in my trailer. see pict.

Bill
WILLIAM M is offline Find More Posts by WILLIAM M
Last edited by WILLIAM M; Oct 28, 2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:59 PM
GOTTA FLY STRIGHT UP
United States, FL, Lake City
Joined Jun 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPtero View Post
Too bad I don't have one yet. The next day or two might be the perfect time to really test it out.

--
Tom
Tom

I just bought one from this company.

http://hobbywireless.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=822

Bil
WILLIAM M is offline Find More Posts by WILLIAM M
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:57 AM
Australia, NSW, Williamtown RAAF
Joined Aug 2008
2,243 Posts
I just bought a couple of these for my EDFs. One jet has a single elevator lead, but the other utilises a servo each side with a tx mix on an aux channel. I do have a spare JR Multibox - can I use the multibox with the Guardian?

Thanks,

Dan.
dro56595@bigpo is online now Find More Posts by dro56595@bigpo
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:01 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dro56595@bigpo View Post
I just bought a couple of these for my EDFs. One jet has a single elevator lead, but the other utilises a servo each side with a tx mix on an aux channel. I do have a spare JR Multibox - can I use the multibox with the Guardian?

Thanks,

Dan.
Dan,

This should be an interesting response. I don't use a JR Multibox but I would think it should work.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:33 AM
Joined Mar 2001
2,613 Posts
Quote:
Guys I just can't put them on all my planes I have 45 flyable planes

I can only fit 22 planes in my trailer. see pict.

Bill
t-turley is offline Find More Posts by t-turley
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:03 AM
Dodlestonian
Joined Mar 2006
119 Posts
Guys I just can't put them on all my planes I have 45 flyable planes.

Why not sell some planes and use the money to buy the guardians?

(hands over eyes awaiting a reply on this one :-)
only joking
dodlestonian is offline Find More Posts by dodlestonian
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:19 AM
Joined Jul 2007
724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.T View Post
The_RattleSnake:
First unit - That is very frustrating to hear. Every unit is hand tested to ensure that it's ready to operate before it is shipped. There have been reports of issues with the USB connector. We have since increased the reinforcement on that part, but still recommend that you do not apply any upward force when inserting or removing the cable from the header. A minority of USB cables have been reported to have an extra tight fit. The one we sell has been tested to fit reliably.

What I dont understand is why both the first units had almost no corrective input, the 2nd unit just started with the corrective input out of the blue.
then the nest time it wouldnt turn on.
Second unit - This might be a misconfiguration issue if it was not stabilizing as you expected, but if you want to contact us through our ticket system as well, referencing this post, please do so and I can try and walk you through the setup procedure or issue a replacement if the unit has a problem with it. The same goes for your first unit.

Your friend's (third) unit - Out of curiosity, did this "unexpected behavior" manifest shortly after power on? Remember that switching the Mode channel back and forth quickly within the first 15 seconds of flight will reset the zero attitude and trims of the Guardian. If this had happened shortly after takeoff, it could definitely explain the behavior your friend saw.

Was your friend able to reproduce this behavior? Feedback, whether positive or constructive is always welcome!

John T
This happened Mid Air but thats all I know really.
Ill have to ask for more info.
The_RattleSnake is offline Find More Posts by The_RattleSnake
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:39 AM
3d nut
modesto ca
Joined Jan 2008
96 Posts
In need of help

Hi I am in need of some help. I just bought a Eagle Tree 2d/3d gyro. I hook it up to a ar6115 according to the instruction. Here are some question. What do I do with the Mod plug, is the flap switch automatic assign per program to change Mods, if not how do I set it up to my flap switch? I have a DX8. The way it set up now, the gyro is aways on, with no way to turn it off are change Mods. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Oh ya with the way I have it set up the Ale, and elevator dose work, the rudder move just a little. It seem to me that I need a 7 channel RX for the Mod plug.
paul kelley is offline Find More Posts by paul kelley