SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:07 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,927 Posts
Using the Knob...

In my setup I have a 6 channel rx, and have chosen the Gain Knob control over the Mod switch method of operation. If I have understood the direction correctly, the knob can be used to control the gain of all three axis simultaneously, and it does in fact work that way, however, when turning the gain know to zero, there is still some interaction between the servos and the Guardian, I was expecting there to be none. I have double checked to make sure there was not mixing, etc, can anyone tell me if this is normal, and if not, what I have done incorrectly....
thanks in advance
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:12 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
You do understand that Gain and Mode are two different inputs,correct?

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:48 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
You do understand that Gain and Mode are two different inputs,correct?

Charles
I think so... Gain controls how much correction you want (in 3D or 2D), Mode toggles between 2D/off/3D... am I at least close?.. :-)
cdee
Last edited by cdee; Sep 16, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:01 AM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
Using the Knob...

In my setup I have a 6 channel rx, and have chosen the Gain Knob control over the Mod switch method of operation. If I have understood the direction correctly, the knob can be used to control the gain of all three axis simultaneously, and it does in fact work that way, however, when turning the gain know to zero, there is still some interaction between the servos and the Guardian, I was expecting there to be none. I have double checked to make sure there was not mixing, etc, can anyone tell me if this is normal, and if not, what I have done incorrectly....
thanks in advance
cdee
On the channel where the gain should be zero you might try increasing the travel in that direction. You can also decrease the travel in the opposite direction to limit the maximum gain.

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:37 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
cdee

Since you are not using the Mode input what do you have the Default Mode set to ,2D or 3D?

Your decision to use Gain over Mode is not the norm and I really doubt if many have any experience with such a setup.

In your place I would contact ET direct by Email .

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:30 AM
First to go over 106K feet
United States, TX, Waxahachie
Joined Mar 2008
2,486 Posts
I too used the gain knob to set up my Skywalker and noticed with the gain gain knob turned all the way down, there was no correction made, the servo did not move in 2D mode.
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:47 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,927 Posts
thanks for all the great feed back...

since only have a 6 channel rx and using two slots for the ailerons, and mostly interested in the 3D side of the Guardian, I was thinking that I could prg the unit to boot up in 3D and than just use the knob on the dx8 to control the gain. I did experiment with the end points on the gain channel in order to get rid of any interaction at the lowest level, but there was still some.

I have since swapped out the leads and will use the "preferred" mode method tied to a three way switch. On the next project I will get a rx with more slots..
cdee
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:08 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,653 Posts
Slow service from Eagletree

A fellow pilot bought two Guardians. One works great while the other worked for a short period of time and went dead. He sent it in 10 days ago and they still have done nothing except confirm it was in line for service. ET should be replacing defective units not trying to repair them. I consider that type of service unacceptable.

Any more people at my club who ask about the Guardian and I will have to tell them they are great when they work but if a problem arises the service is very, very slow.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:10 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
FYI, The only place I see them in stock is Flitelab in canada.
All the others on the list show out of stock. Anyone know any additional places they are sold to put on the list?
http://www.mycoolrc.com/gyro/gyroLINKS.html
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:22 AM
AMA# SIMAGES
Hudson Valley
Joined Dec 2006
2,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
FYI, The only place I see them in stock is Flitelab in canada. All the others on the list show out of stock. Anyone know any additional places they are sold to put on the list?http://www.mycoolrc.com/gyro/gyroLINKS.html
Not likely.... mycoolrc is at -8 Units in Stock.
Next batch out from Eagletree is the end of September.
simages is offline Find More Posts by simages
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:31 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simages View Post
Not likely.... mycoolrc is at -8 Units in Stock.
Next batch out from Eagletree is the end of September.
Who is -8?
Mycoolrc does not sell anything.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:43 AM
AMA# SIMAGES
Hudson Valley
Joined Dec 2006
2,340 Posts
Quote:
Who is -8?
Mycoolrc does not sell anything.
That's where your link goes and thought it was for Flightlab.com...... Anyway mycoolrc does sell stuff and seems like they have 8 pre-orders i.e. (-8)

I just requested an invoice from flitelab online store. We'll see.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:12 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
The link goes to mycoolrc (my website) where I list the places you can buy stuff including the guardian. I don't sell anything there, just provide the info. I"m trying to keep an up to date list where people can find stuff.
Don't know where the -8 is comming from that you say you see.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:06 PM
I like Golden Age
Minnesota
Joined Apr 2007
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
A fellow pilot bought two Guardians. One works great while the other worked for a short period of time and went dead. He sent it in 10 days ago and they still have done nothing except confirm it was in line for service. ET should be replacing defective units not trying to repair them. I consider that type of service unacceptable.

Any more people at my club who ask about the Guardian and I will have to tell them they are great when they work but if a problem arises the service is very, very slow.
You absolutly correct. But seeing as they are out off stock I can see thier short term business sense of saving stock for new orders to generate cash instead of using new stock to replace defective stock.

Obviously what works well for them in the short term will ruin thier credibility in the long term, but most businesses don't seem to care anymore. If you make allot of cash but go belly up, the bottom line is that you made allot of cash, and in America, thats what counts for good business nowadays. Tragic but true.
ronj10 is offline Find More Posts by ronj10
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:10 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Hudson Valley
Joined Dec 2006
2,340 Posts
Quote:
The link goes to mycoolrc (my website) where I list the places you can buy stuff including the guardian. I don't sell anything there, just provide the info. I"m trying to keep an up to date list where people can find stuff.Don't know where the -8 is comming from that you say you see.
Sorry.... silly me Melnic..... it's from the first link at http://www.readymaderc.com which made it appear to be yours. Appreciate the shortcut links for service......
RCG Plus Member