HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:36 PM
Falcon's rc
USA, GA, Byron
Joined Apr 2009
236 Posts
Thanks John.T I just did that : ) I hope this fix it
DanielMadrigal is online now Find More Posts by DanielMadrigal
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 04:26 AM
Norway
Joined Mar 2005
1,137 Posts
Hi all, just signing up for the thread as i am avaiting my new 2d/3d ET.
iceman3 is offline Find More Posts by iceman3
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:07 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmons1a View Post
I turned OFF the 'Auto Turn Coordination', and when trying to correct a non control input generated roll, the rudder no longer moves opposing the aileons...in fact the rudder does not move at all!

I managed to work out that the 'Master Gain' does default to around 40%, and have setup a MIX on DX6i to give me -100% OFF / -0% MEDIUM and +80% gain on MIX1.

Is there a way that anyone knows of setting the default MASTER gain to something other than the 40%?
What do you mean by "Master Gain does default to 40%"?
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:47 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2005
1,080 Posts
Hi Guys

I am hoping to maiden my PZ Extra 300 after installing a Guardian,

How critical is the mouting in relation to the CoG of the plane?

Due to the way the battery mounts in the PZ Extra i can only mount the Guardian a far way back from the CG but still within the wing chord is this OK?
CG is close to the wing spar you can see in the picture so Guardian is mounted maybe 75-100mm back from that.

Please see pics attached.

Any hints or tips before my first flight?

Cheers

Ben
wazzer is offline Find More Posts by wazzer
Last edited by wazzer; Sep 06, 2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:57 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,456 Posts
You will be fine. I mounted a Guardian in delta elevon scratch built 6 inches behind the cg and it flys great with it. I posted videos of it in this thread.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:18 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2005
1,080 Posts
Awesome Thanks!

I will not have time to go through the PC setup before i fly the plane will i be OK on "Out Of The Box" defaults for my first few flights?

I have set all the gains to 50% on the pots and using the gear channel to switch between 2D and 3D.

Does anyone know how to mix in the F.Mode switch on a DX7 so i can use the 3 position switch to allow 2D, OFF and 3D modes?

Cheers

Ben
wazzer is offline Find More Posts by wazzer
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:20 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzer View Post
Awesome Thanks!

I will not have time to go through the PC setup before i fly the plane will i be OK on "Out Of The Box" defaults for my first few flights?

I have set all the gains to 50% on the pots and using the gear channel to switch between 2D and 3D.

Does anyone know how to mix in the F.Mode switch on a DX7 so i can use the 3 position switch to allow 2D, OFF and 3D modes?

Cheers

Ben
Ben,

Go to post 1573 if you want to map the gear channel to the 3 position flap switch. The step by step how-to is in blue.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Aug 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
What do you mean by "Master Gain does default to 40%"?
See earlier post #1742. When the gain is disconnected (no input) the manual states that master gain defaults to 100 % whereas previous posts on this forum stated that the default master gain was 40%.
simmons1a is offline Find More Posts by simmons1a
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:49 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmons1a View Post
See earlier post #1742. When the gain is disconnected (no input) the manual states that master gain defaults to 100 % whereas previous posts on this forum stated that the default master gain was 40%.
And the correct answer is??? My DX7 does not have a slider or knob for master gain settings.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Sep 06, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined Dec 2009
4 Posts
Another 3 position Sw???

I am using a DX8 and an airplane with flaps so I need to program another 3 position switch. Flight mode would be good, but no options in the program that I can find. Any ideas or other 3 position switch ?
RWHanson is offline Find More Posts by RWHanson
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:16 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWHanson View Post
I am using a DX8 and an airplane with flaps so I need to program another 3 position switch. Flight mode would be good, but no options in the program that I can find. Any ideas or other 3 position switch ?
OK, I don't have a DX8 but the principle is the same. Which channel will you plug in the MOD plug from the Guardian? You need to assign a spare 3 position switch to that channel.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:01 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crist Rigotti View Post
Yes, it is between the OSD and the servos. I'm using rudder for RTH and not ailerons. My FY-20A worked perfectly with this set up so I bought the ET Guardian 2D/3D hoping that it will be a much better unit. I'm an ET fan. Of course I'm only using it in the 2D mode.
Great to hear it works that way as well. Yes i am a fan too the 2d/3d is really versatile

PS - i am still using the booster metthod you describe a while back - i love it ! Cheap / easy and versatile - currently using it on futaba 10c with spektrum module - so no internal changes at all. Module to 15ft cable to attenuate and give me room to hand launch and get in to my car (canada is cold after all) booster on the roof with fpv antenna stuff

Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:06 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzer View Post
Awesome Thanks!

Cheers

Ben
Have you gone thru the gesture menus at least and do you have the mode switch set up so you can zero trims and set level ?

Make sure it has defaulted corretly and the surfaces move and compensate in correct directions

The software is actually the fastest way to do all that

Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:28 PM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alros_100 View Post
Great to hear it works that way as well. Yes i am a fan too the 2d/3d is really versatile

PS - i am still using the booster metthod you describe a while back - i love it ! Cheap / easy and versatile - currently using it on futaba 10c with spektrum module - so no internal changes at all. Module to 15ft cable to attenuate and give me room to hand launch and get in to my car (canada is cold after all) booster on the roof with fpv antenna stuff

Al
I did some flying tonight. wind near calm. Everything worked very well. I had to turn up thr roll pot nearly all the way up to keep it from rocking back and forth. Next time out I'll turn on the heading hold function to see how that affects my set up.

Glad your booster system is working well. I got a DL at a very good price, so I sold mine.
Crist Rigotti is online now Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:19 AM
Joined Aug 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
And the correct answer is??? My DX7 does not have a slider or knob for master gain settings.
40%. I have set gear channel with mix1 on my dx6i so that I effectively have a three position setting available on for the gain input on the Guardian
simmons1a is offline Find More Posts by simmons1a