HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:35 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Mar 2012
472 Posts
another video with eagle tree.

ZII cloud diving (2 min 40 sec)
carlocivicsi is offline Find More Posts by carlocivicsi
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 07:53 AM
United States, TX, Euless
Joined Mar 2012
23 Posts
How do I use the guardian on 3.7 volt rc? Is this possible? The Guardian's operational range is higher than 3.7 volts.
Crwalt is offline Find More Posts by Crwalt
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:30 AM
Not an avatar... I'm not Hindu
Joined Oct 2007
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crwalt View Post
How do I use the guardian on 3.7 volt rc? Is this possible? The Guardian's operational range is higher than 3.7 volts.
It wouldn't be possible on 3.7v; you'd need a 2S battery at minimum to bring up the voltage to run the Guardian's minimum of 4.5v. If you use 2S, the ESC's 5v BEC feeds the receiver with 5v, which then feeds the Guardian with 5v.

I would like to try to fit the Guardian to a micro durafly edge 540 with a orange r415 receiver, but the servo connections are all micro JST so that is a plug conversion problem because of the Guardian's standard connector size. The voltage levels would all work for this 2S plane, though.

The spektrum 1 cell AR6400L DSM2 6-CH Ultra Micro Receiver/ESC has a voltage range of 3.2 to 4.2v, so it's not possible to power this receiver/ESC with 2S for the benefit of adding a Guardian somehow between the receiver portion and the built-in servos.
Gordonq is offline Find More Posts by Gordonq
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:45 AM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,884 Posts
Perhaps this is an option for now, if you are using a brushless motor.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...c-SPMAS6410NBL
DavidN is offline Find More Posts by DavidN
Old Sep 02, 2012, 04:16 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,734 Posts
AS3X is no Guardian 2D/3D and the comparison is thus a joke IMO.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:19 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,433 Posts
If you can keep the total current under an Amp you could try one of these. 1S to the motor, everything else at 5V off the converter.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11784

It's only 3 bucks to give it a try.
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:27 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ripon
Joined Dec 2011
309 Posts
Has anyone else found that aileron control when flying in 2D gets very snappy, i.e let it fly level and straight then try to bank left or right and it snaps very sharply and not at all like normal????
Simon2504 is offline Find More Posts by Simon2504
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:20 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,734 Posts
There are so many variables. I have never had two plane that fly exactly the same even if they were the same with same equipment and same transmitter settings.

Some have posted that using Expo on the transmitter makes the Guardian 2D/3D respond strangely.

Perhaps if you listed the aircraft, servos,and all of your Guardian and Transmitter setting someone could help explain what is going own.

To me 2D is just a mode to be used for training new pilots and perhaps as a emergency recovery mode if you really get disorientated.

You can set
Center Stick Stabilize Only Mode

so 2D Stabilization is disabled unless stick is close to ceter depending on the Box Size you set.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:38 AM
Money Shot
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
It's really nice on an fpv rig to run the self center mode. set it at 10 feet off the ground and you don't gotta constantly guess what it's doing. my planes controll surfaces are kinda big for this 15-20 mph wind, but a 28 gram Telink Multifun with the guardian, took her out a mile and got too low behind something, lost rc, then got it back but all i could see was tree so shut it down and went lookin. epp is the best invention just after the guardian

multifun crash (2 min 21 sec)

that was the 4th flight of it's life. once i got that weird mode setup, it's alot less stressful and alot more fun.

i hung it like an ornament 5 feet from the road a mile away

This plane would be unflyable fpv without it. Thanks Bill, your stuff rocks no matter what they say about ya..... hahaha
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:45 PM
Falcon's rc
USA, GA, Byron
Joined Apr 2009
234 Posts
help

ok guys looks like a lot of you now what you are doing with this little thing
I'm having problems with it

*1 when it comes on it just blinks like it is on 2D mode and does not change to 3D when I flip the switch ( When I physically move the plane the ailerons and elevator opposing the movement)

*2 the aileron and elevator are change (if I move aileron stick the elevator responds and if I move the elevator the ailerons responds

*3 the rudder is not going through it ( there is no response from the rudder to the stick movement

I have check the connections plenty of times and everything is connected according to the manual and video

I'm powering the guardian through the AUX channel from channel 9 on my receiver (option number 1 on the manual when the build in Ubec on the ESC is to small) I have a 6v Ubec

I hope you can help me
DanielMadrigal is online now Find More Posts by DanielMadrigal
Old Sep 03, 2012, 02:27 PM
Falcon's rc
USA, GA, Byron
Joined Apr 2009
234 Posts
help

ok after closer inspection looks like some body mix all labels the gain was sitch with the mod and the elevator with the ailerons
so now I have proper control over the guardian
but the rudder still not coming through although I can see clearly that the guardian has control over it because when I move the plane the rudder oppose the movement but I just can't control it with the stick
DanielMadrigal is online now Find More Posts by DanielMadrigal
Old Sep 03, 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined Aug 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJM-Maxx View Post
Did you have to raise the speed rate from the default with direct rate mode on?

I did toggle reset several times. It resets just fine, but after waving it around in the air if winds up wanting to fly tilted. Now there is a big difference compared to flying, I am waving it around sideways in a way that never happens in the air. I will have to try flying it obviously. I don't use 2D mode on my FY-20A except for fun anyway.
If you have 2DHeading Hold enabled, and hold the plane in a straight and level orientation, now move the aileron stick and let both sticks go. The 2D heading hold will now try and return the fuselage to thIs eading. You will see that if you
Yaw the fuselage to the left (not roll), the Guardian will raise the right aileron, drop the left one to produce a roll to the right to get back to original heading. This explains how if you wave it about, and the fuselage is not pointing in the original direction you started with, the ailerons will be deflected as it it trying to centre it back on the last recorded heading.
simmons1a is offline Find More Posts by simmons1a
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:01 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,433 Posts
Well HobbyKing have raised their price from $50 to $63.74!

And they don't have any of course.
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:22 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
Well HobbyKing have raised their price from $50 to $63.74!

And they don't have any of course.
Bummer, but I did order two at $50 and they have shipped out from Hobbyking.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Sep 03, 2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 01:33 AM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielMadrigal View Post
ok after closer inspection looks like some body mix all labels the gain was sitch with the mod and the elevator with the ailerons
so now I have proper control over the guardian
but the rudder still not coming through although I can see clearly that the guardian has control over it because when I move the plane the rudder oppose the movement but I just can't control it with the stick
Hello Daniel,

When you plug the rudder servo directly to your receiver's rudder output does it work ok?

Do you have a PC that you can connect your Guardian to? Use the software to check the settings on the Guardian. It just does not sound right that the labels are put on incorrectly. It is possible I guess, but this is the first I've heard of this. Was this a used Guardian? If not which vendor did you buy it from? Anyhow, with the labels on incorrectly who knows what else maybe out of wack with this unit as far as the software settings go. It's best to view them on the PC, or go thru the manual way of checking/setting them via the TX control stick and the control surface responses.

Also check to make sure the channel your using for your mode switch has full travel on your TX (assuming it is a 3 position switch). If it is a 2 position switch I think you have to choose 2 of the 3 modes based on the travel settings on the channel.
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress