HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:00 AM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,476 Posts
well, it may even fail, as the manual stated..."if the Guardian is mounted too far off of level flight (greater than 25 degrees in either Pitch or Roll), the Reset Level Flight and Trims will fail, presenting no servo twitch." .
ricoalonso is offline Find More Posts by ricoalonso
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:51 AM
Ex AmA mEMBEr
United States, CA, San Bernardino
Joined Feb 2010
821 Posts
hey prof100,
when in 3d hh mode and trying to do a tailslide and torque roll at the same time or even just a torque roll, touching the roll axis disengages all 3 axis but, when in 2d mode you can move 1 axis and it does not affect the other axis. that's why i was wandering if you could orient level flight in a vertical position and then flip it to 2d mode when you got near vertical, you could manipulate a control w/out affecting the others.
unless you've tried a tailslide while torque rolling (faster the roll the better) you may not see the benefit of a vertical orientation. what would be better would be to posses the skill level needed where i wouldn't need the guardian.

rico,
you are right. i don't know why i thought it said (off of the cog) that wouldn't make sense anyway, 25* off the cog.

michael clyde

update
just tried setting level flight to the vertical position in the s/ware, it will let you up to about 25 or 30* and then the a/h doesn't respond to hitting the reset level flight button anymore, i guess that's the acc doing it's job.
mchldpy is offline Find More Posts by mchldpy
Last edited by mchldpy; Aug 16, 2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 01:40 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ripon
Joined Dec 2011
309 Posts
Well all I can say is WOW!!! Firstly the service from Dragonfly Innovations a few days post from Canada to UK superb. Secondly the Guardian is simply amazing. I threw it straight into my Hobbyking Galaxy, had a few setup issues but nothing major. We had 25-30mph wind today but I couldnt wait to try it out so I went anyway. I just could not believe I was outside in wind like that with an indoor foamy and still able to fly, dont get me wrong it wasnt easy but the fact is that plane should have been about 15 miles away as soon as it went up in the air!!!!
Simon2504 is offline Find More Posts by Simon2504
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:05 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2504 View Post
Well all I can say is WOW!!! Firstly the service from Dragonfly Innovations a few days post from Canada to UK superb. Secondly the Guardian is simply amazing. I threw it straight into my Hobbyking Galaxy, had a few setup issues but nothing major. We had 25-30mph wind today but I couldnt wait to try it out so I went anyway. I just could not believe I was outside in wind like that with an indoor foamy and still able to fly, dont get me wrong it wasnt easy but the fact is that plane should have been about 15 miles away as soon as it went up in the air!!!!
Wish shipping was that fast to the USA. Been 8 days still no device. , also it seems they sold my second one to someone else now out of stock
hendrnk is offline Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Aug 18, 2012, 04:31 AM
Ex AmA mEMBEr
Joined Feb 2010
821 Posts
this last one i got took se7en days from the shipping notice, (they state: 6 to 14 days) they don't ship priority mail to hear but they will do ups @ about 14 or $15. i sent a motor to b.c. the other day, @ almost $15. (priority mail no tracking) rctoys is still putting them in very thinly padded env.'s. that's why they had to send me another in the first place. oh we'll pack this one very well
oh those canadians and their witless sense of humor.

hope you get it soon...waiting blows, even if you don't need it.

michael clyde
Old Aug 18, 2012, 04:43 AM
Ex AmA mEMBEr
Joined Feb 2010
821 Posts
simon,
while talking with kyle the other day he informed me it was draganfly inno. inc. and he was very adamant about it. apparently there are a bunch of stupid americans and some americannots that don't spell the canadian way and claimed the customer service was lacking. i think what was lacking was a proof reader when they incorporated.
fyi not w

michael clyde
Old Aug 18, 2012, 08:56 AM
Joined Dec 2011
309 Posts
Got my second one delivered today now just got to be patient until my new PA Extra arrives on Tuesday!!!
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:05 AM
Ex AmA mEMBEr
Joined Feb 2010
821 Posts
your not a 3dhs man.

well i never...
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:00 AM
Electric baptism 1975
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
2,920 Posts
Re Canadian postal service. The cheapest rate is letter rate. An envelope must pass through a slot 0.4" (1cm in metric speak)
I think Draganfly was named after their Draganflyer, an early multirotor.
DavidN is offline Find More Posts by DavidN
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:49 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
650 Posts
Zoltan at nghobbies.com has really good support.

http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/index....roducts_id=863

the guardian is out of stock there unfortunately.

Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:11 AM
Ex AmA mEMBEr
Joined Feb 2010
821 Posts
to everyone,
as to one of my above post, i am 100% satisfied with my experience with rctoys aka draganfly inno. inc., any perception otherwise was caused by my attempt at being a smart-buttocks.

michael clyde
Old Aug 19, 2012, 06:22 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,338 Posts
I should have some stock in Canada by late this week, not on website yet but will be soon. Www.flitelab.com
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joined Oct 2008
42 Posts
This may have been asked before I just started following this thread. I just set up my first Guardian it worked great.
Is there a thread for fine tuning?
willy43 is offline Find More Posts by willy43
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:42 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy43 View Post
This may have been asked before I just started following this thread. I just set up my first Guardian it worked great.
Is there a thread for fine tuning?
This thread has the most about fine tuning, go back and read it.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:45 AM
Joined Dec 2011
309 Posts
one thing Im not getting to grips with yet and yes I have read the manual and yes Im thinking I may be being a bit thick but Im a little confused about the 2 3D modes (heading hold and direct rate) i didnt feel much difference between them in my Galaxy and are they both supposed to be used together of just one of them selected, can anyone shed some light on it for me in simple speak lol