HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:27 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Now that's just cool. I'd like to know more about that.
I just mean the same daisy chain connectors we use for all the add on sensors.

basically, the guardian standalone can daisy chain with the altitude and other sensors just as though it was a guardian add on.

nothing more than that - sorry if I was not clear. So if you already have a guardian add on in your OSD system, not sure you would change it.

The standalone is fantastic for being ...well... a stand alone . You can put it in any type of plane including really small planes and get full stabilization without all the other added weight. I tried it in a very small mini funjet with just FPV camera and transmitter and it was loads of fun flying in a smaller field.

Al
alros_100 is online now Find More Posts by alros_100
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:31 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,411 Posts
will the 2d 3d take the place of the guardian and function in the same manner?

If so then people could use it in the place of the guardain, and have 3d, as well as yaw control.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Mar 2001
2,625 Posts
I'll be watching this thread, as I have placed my order. I have just the plane for it.

Tony
t-turley is offline Find More Posts by t-turley
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:22 AM
Joined Oct 2007
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alros_100 View Post
I just mean the same daisy chain connectors we use for all the add on sensors.

basically, the guardian standalone can daisy chain with the altitude and other sensors just as though it was a guardian add on.

nothing more than that - sorry if I was not clear. So if you already have a guardian add on in your OSD system, not sure you would change it.

The standalone is fantastic for being ...well... a stand alone . You can put it in any type of plane including really small planes and get full stabilization without all the other added weight. I tried it in a very small mini funjet with just FPV camera and transmitter and it was loads of fun flying in a smaller field.

Al
No actually that is very interesting indeed....

The osd version of the guardian is limited compared to this one - it doesn't have the 3D mode, only a 2D stabilisation mode and of course no rudder channel (well, either aileron or rudder, not both)

If you can indeed plug this unit into the osd pro and get all the integrated advantages (AHI, integrated rth system etc) then that would be of great interest for me. It's the first I've seen mentioned of it however, and the info in the website suggests that the integration is only available on the osd version.... The pictures also don't show such a connection unless I'm missing something.

Are you sure the connector is what you think it is?
rusty_y2k2 is offline Find More Posts by rusty_y2k2
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:49 AM
Portland, Oregon
Joined Aug 2008
1,543 Posts
Hi Guys...

Just a point here, and I too am ordering a Guardian, but I have presently been using the Feytech FY30A which we know is not identical but operates all but the same with it's 3 flight modes of which mine has run flawless...

I just wanted to say many guys have their FY20A and FY30A's controlling just one of their 2 aileron servos because that's all it really needs to stabilize your plane super smooth, and in winds you would have to witness to believe... Same goes for dual rudder (EDF's like my Sukhoi Su340) or dual elevator servod planes... Only one rudder or one elevator is all that's needed to do the job beautifully...

Sorry so boring...
bnick

PS: I'm really excited about the Guardian and especially it's cost because since I've been doing more scale flying as well as aerial HD movies, I've put my 3D Edge 540T and Pattern planes on the back burner for the beautiful scale flying my FY30A, and this new Guardian will offer... There are many who will be using these units in various fashion... I want to down-tune my gyros to use in my higher speed Sukhoi Su34 shown below, as well as in the new 67" Mustang I'm ordering... Dang longer PS than I thought, Whatever, ha...
bnick2k8 is offline Find More Posts by bnick2k8
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:51 AM
Portland, Oregon
Joined Aug 2008
1,543 Posts
Sorry typo Su34 not Su340...
bnick2k8 is offline Find More Posts by bnick2k8
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:22 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Feb 2006
1,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_y2k2 View Post
No actually that is very interesting indeed....

The osd version of the guardian is limited compared to this one - it doesn't have the 3D mode, only a 2D stabilisation mode and of course no rudder channel (well, either aileron or rudder, not both)

If you can indeed plug this unit into the osd pro and get all the integrated advantages (AHI, integrated rth system etc) then that would be of great interest for me. It's the first I've seen mentioned of it however, and the info in the website suggests that the integration is only available on the osd version.... The pictures also don't show such a connection unless I'm missing something.

Are you sure the connector is what you think it is?
There is a cable that plugs into the data port for this. When, or if this connection to the osd pro will be supported when released I don't know.

-tychoc
tychoc is offline Find More Posts by tychoc
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:37 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tychoc View Post
There is a cable that plugs into the data port for this. When, or if this connection to the osd pro will be supported when released I don't know.

-tychoc
Good Point tycho.

Al
alros_100 is online now Find More Posts by alros_100
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:46 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Have any of you seen this???... http://www.century-rc.com/ecs/produc....php?p_id=6115

A basic version of The Guardian for about 1/2 the cost...Only 8 grams...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:48 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Sorry--Double post...
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:31 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Have any of you seen this???... http://www.century-rc.com/ecs/produc....php?p_id=6115

A basic version of The Guardian for about 1/2 the cost...Only 8 grams...
As far as I can tell, this has the stabilization given by a 3 axis gyro, but it has no accelerometers, so no wing leveling.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:59 AM
Joined Mar 2009
219 Posts
I don't see any provision for a gain channel on the Century-RC either. Tried to download the manual but nothing happened. Maybe we can learn more when the manual is available.

Dick
otrcman is offline Find More Posts by otrcman
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:05 AM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by otrcman View Post
I don't see any provision for a gain channel on the Century-RC either. Tried to download the manual but nothing happened. Maybe we can learn more when the manual is available.

Dick
You adjust the gains via trim pots. Gyros reversed via setup mode using tx rudder stick. Looks like a good candidate for a foamy wing. Simple. Also uses a mems gyro.

Seems like hard cases are no longer in style. lol.

Update 3/26: Found out the manufacturers website:

http://www.hobbyeagle.com/

They also have a listing for an Eagle A6, but no info populated yet.

Checkout the videos. http://www.hobbyeagle.com/video/
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Last edited by Silverexpress; Mar 26, 2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:46 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by otrcman View Post
... Tried to download the manual but nothing happened. Maybe we can learn more when the manual is available.
I could download the manual just now.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:20 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
When's the Guardian due for release?
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged