HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2012, 07:24 PM
Joined Feb 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
DJI F450 NAZA kit vs Witespy VC450 with NAZA kit

Looking to get my first quad for AP and I have narrowed down to two options: The DJI F450 NAZA kit and Witespy VC450 with NAZA kit

I have read good reviews on both and the Witespy is slightly more $. From videos I see that the DJI frame is virtually indestructible and the Witespy is FAST!!!

Which of these is has better stability for AP? Which one has better payload? Either one better for FPV?
What is the best mounting say for a GoPro?

I have a JR X9303, which Rx should I get and what batteries is best for flight time?

Any input is much appreciated. Thank you.
MC21 is offline Find More Posts by MC21
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2012, 07:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
The "FAST" whitespy you see are the ones with MultiWii/Quadrino boards, not Naza.
Naza is only good for slow boring hovers.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:19 PM
EASILY ANNOYED
United States, MI, New Buffalo
Joined Aug 2011
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
The "FAST" whitespy you see are the ones with MultiWii/Quadrino boards, not Naza.
Naza is only good for slow boring hovers.
... which would make the Naza good for AP.
zuby1 is offline Find More Posts by zuby1
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:23 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,503 Posts
Ignore TC. I like the AR8000 for my Naza and WKM F450's. It gives me many options but it does not have PPM, nor does the DJI products. TC I beat you to it. I agree with TC in that it is the FC that determines the flight characteristics not the frame.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:03 AM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuby1 View Post
... which would make the Naza good for AP.

Yes. you are correct.

The naza is more aimed for "AP" type of flying. very smooth and fluid.

The quadrino FC you can get more down and dirty with the settings and code. So you one can tune it to do some crazy flips and rolls with it.

I have a feeling the naza will improve acro mode with updates.

.the naza kit is good, but you have to built it yourself, and buy special dji props if you break any ; with little room to mount a camera frame camera , but I can be done
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old May 16, 2012, 02:16 PM
The "NEW" Approach ! :)
Ridgecrest, California
Joined Oct 2002
58 Posts
APC props work fine on the NAZA .. and the Camera mount from www.X468.com bolts right on .. been flying mine this way for some time now. As for ACRO .. well the Naza like you said is smooth and fluid .. more for cruising around and AP work. Although I have flipped mine a few times!

Dr.Tim
Dr.Tim is offline Find More Posts by Dr.Tim