HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2001, 02:08 PM
Orange Park, FL
Joined Dec 2000
443 Posts
Wattage Sukhoi, Wattage Cap 232

Does anybody Know about either one of these? I seen them on hobbypeople website and the Sukhoi in rc microflight. The sukhoi looks like the sporty and the cap looks kinda like the extra 330l,but there is no info on their web about these. Thanks deeejay
deeejay is offline Find More Posts by deeejay
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2001, 02:41 PM
Fountain Valley, CA USA
Joined Oct 2000
500 Posts
You hit it dead-on. Here's a few details:

Sukhoi: Based on the Sporty but with the 370 motor upgrade, full house setup, and the larger, more scale shaped tail surfaces. It also comes partially painted in a blue and white color scheme with yellow trim.

Flies better than the original Sporty due to the changed wing taper, the larger tail surfaces and the more powerful motor.

Cap: Based on the Extra, the Cap is the next plane in the series. We have refined the power system and some details in the hardware. We looked very closely at the Greg Covey review and made sure addressed all of these things not only in the current run of Extra's but in future runs of the new Cap!

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

-Mike
Mike Greenshields is offline Find More Posts by Mike Greenshields
Old Nov 01, 2001, 02:52 PM
Orange Park, FL
Joined Dec 2000
443 Posts
Mike, quick reply! One more ? What kinda of date are we looking at before we can get are hands on these? Oh yeah what kinda power system are you talking about for the cap. Ok one more what are the specs. on them? Thanks deeejay
deeejay is offline Find More Posts by deeejay
Last edited by deeejay; Nov 01, 2001 at 03:01 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2001, 03:37 PM
Fountain Valley, CA USA
Joined Oct 2000
500 Posts
The Cap has almost all the same specs as the Extra.

As to the powersystem, we are upgrading to a better main gear material. We've also changed the gear ratio and the recommended battery.

With these new changes, the motor runs longer and develops more power at the prop. It will also last a longer.

It is a 480 motor with a ball bearing gear drive. It comes with 3 ratios so you experiment with propeller choice. When everything is working at its best, the motor should be drawing 14-15 amps.

The recommended battery is now either the CP1300 or the 500AR cells. They fit the best and are light for their power and capacity.

As a small note, we also changed the tail wheel because no one liked the original.

We will be offering the Cap in either a basic red white and blue color scheme or in an All-Yellow covering. It will come with two sets of decals so the customer can choose the final look for the plane.

Both the Sukhoi and the Cap are scheduled for January Release.

-Mike
Old Nov 01, 2001, 08:23 PM
Spring Valley. MN
Joined Jun 2000
4,458 Posts
Mike when will we get a peek at this little sukhoi I was considering a sterling rubber conversion but might hold off for a look at yours

Thanks Buzz
buzzsaw 46 is offline Find More Posts by buzzsaw 46
Old Nov 02, 2001, 01:20 PM
Fountain Valley, CA USA
Joined Oct 2000
500 Posts
Sukhoi Picture

This pic is of the prototype.

The LE, top of the fuse and the top of the cowl are now blue and the detail trim will be yellow.

-Mike
Old Nov 02, 2001, 02:46 PM
heli on the brain
Apple Valley/Victorville, Ca
Joined Apr 2001
544 Posts
...looks cool Mike, except for those awfully ugly white wheels! i myself am more interseted in the crazy 8. was at the fontana store earlier this week (i hate that place, always drains the wallet ) and they told me that it was supposed to be released around thanksgiving. any specs or details you could share about it would be appreciated. btw, i should own stock by now in wattage/hobby people having bought so much stuff from you guys, not to mention all my friends!...when are you gonna open a store up here in the high desert so we dont have to travel down the hill for our supplies?...lots of modelers up here and fields a plenty!...
dezflyer is offline Find More Posts by dezflyer
Old Nov 02, 2001, 03:05 PM
Fountain Valley, CA USA
Joined Oct 2000
500 Posts
There's a thread running about the Crazy Max and the Crazy 8.
But here's the webpage. If you download the directions, you'll get all the details.

Might check out the thread too.

-Mike
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/128427.htm
Old Mar 07, 2002, 12:13 PM
The One....
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2002
5,813 Posts
I would love to get the sukhoi, but the only thing that I don't like about wattage is there landing gears.

Hummmm... on top of that everthing else seems fine.

Mike,
I Was just wondering if you guys made your final inspection? Such as putting a rubber material on the wheels, curious about the motor, have this been updated or changed? If so, to what spec?

What would I expect in the sukhoi box, planning to get one.

thanks,
genovia
genovia is offline Find More Posts by genovia