HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:32 PM
Joined Mar 2011
63 Posts
Discussion
Cure time between layups...HELP!

In the midst of a 6 ply layup using MGS L285/285 an emergency arose and I had to stop the layup. Thankfuly I was able to cover it in peelply and bag. My emergency worked out OK and now I hope my layup can be saved.

I cannot find any MGS documentation about resuming a layup. How quick can I get back on the layup and finish applying the last 3 plys?

Thanks for your QUICK reply
woode is offline Find More Posts by woode
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:51 PM
Joensuu, Finland
Joined Mar 2002
1,478 Posts
Let it fully cure (24h @ room temp), then peel off the peelply (do not touch, sand or attempt to "clean" the surface in any way. It is as good as it will ever get right after removing the peelply.) and continue with the rest of layup. If you try to remove peelply from a soft layup, there is a risk of delamination.
jkettu is online now Find More Posts by jkettu