HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by timecop, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 01:59 PM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Nah, no list. Trying to keep it a fun hobby, not a full-time job. They will be available when available. I have 3 left of this batch that I can send to people interested in improving the code.

ALEXINPARIS Where are you? we need you to continue the good work on a proper Flight controller, ALEX ALex alex alex
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 02:36 PM
Plane and multirotor's - FPV
Moss, Norway
Joined Jun 2007
856 Posts
Quote:
Nah, no list. Trying to keep it a fun hobby, not a full-time job. They will be available when available. I have 3 left of this batch that I can send to people interested in improving the code.
I can't do much regarding code development, but i can test-fly-crash it like no other . . ;-)

KKai
DrEvil is offline Find More Posts by DrEvil
Old Feb 17, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Sep 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEvil View Post
I can't do much regarding code development, but i can test-fly-crash it like no other . . ;-)
KKai
Sounds like we are equally skilled!
javemtr is offline Find More Posts by javemtr
Old Feb 17, 2012, 03:35 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,706 Posts
It takes may talents to build an Ark.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:09 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,706 Posts
Euraka!

Thank you TC,

It appears that I have the IDE installed correctly and was able to compile a HEX file. Of course, I am not able to test the file just yet, awaiting arrival of the AfroFlight.

Quote:
compiling stm32f10x_adc.c...
compiling stm32f10x_dma.c...
compiling stm32f10x_exti.c...
compiling stm32f10x_i2c.c...
compiling stm32f10x_rcc.c...
compiling stm32f10x_tim.c...
compiling stm32f10x_usart.c...
compiling stm32f10x_gpio.c...
compiling stm32f10x_flash.c...
linking...
Program Size: Code=30236 RO-data=444 RW-data=692 ZI-data=5036
FromELF: creating hex file...
".\obj\baseflight.axf" - 0 Error(s), 8 Warning(s).
I assume the Warnings are Ok.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Ya, there's a couple unused variable warnings that can be ignored. Otherwise looks about right.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:55 PM
If it flies, I will crash it
USA, CO, Westminster
Joined Jan 2008
3,039 Posts
Quote:
Might wanna hold on with ESC, afroesc2 is being worked on with some improvements for the power stage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAoUzD_T3N8
Thanks for the bump. I have to admit I haven't been watching your progress of late. Sorry about that.

Is the new iteration of the Afro ESC now a single board build? Appears to be so in the video. By the way, it looks real smooth. I have to ask though, is it just mic placement or is that thing ridiculously quiet? I will be watching, the whole flashing thing while certainly worthwhile is getting to be a bit tedious. I would much rather have a made to order ESC for these things.

I am pretty much a hardware guy or I would be happy to lend a hand. I neither have the time or the gray cells left to learn coding of any sort. I will leave that to bright folks like yourself. I will be watching for the FC's to be in stock though.

Rob...
mxspode is online now Find More Posts by mxspode
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
The esc is designed for (and already supported by) simonk firmware. No coding needed
I'm not sure about the quietness. I think its about as normal as a flashed esc.
The board there is just a prototype, for testing the software.
I haven't decided on final implementation for the layout, I could make it a bit bigger and get away with 2 layer single board design maybe.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:38 AM
Joined Nov 2010
338 Posts
What a spectacular piece of hacker prose, dead center accurate tech state analysis, and contribution to the state of the art ...

Yet no, TC, letting this comment get anywhere close to a state contributing to ego elevation is not allowed.

Keep it up, man.

Kudos.
jdennings is offline Find More Posts by jdennings
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:53 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
In-application-programming was easier than I thought. All I had to do was jump to the ROM bootloader of STM32, then I can use the standard bootloader commands to reflash and jump back to app reset vector. So its possible to reload without having to deal with bootloader switch, and only use that incase the firmware is bricked and can't listen to serial commands to force reset to bootloader.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 06:09 AM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
3,031 Posts
Quote:
In-application-programming was easier than I thought. All I had to do was jump to the ROM bootloader of STM32, then I can use the standard bootloader commands to reflash and jump back to app reset vector. So its possible to reload without having to deal with bootloader switch, and only use that incase the firmware is bricked and can't listen to serial commands to force reset to bootloader.
Cool, so will you need a special utility to do the firmware upgrades over the serial interface? Hmm, that could be nice extension of the new .NET GUI
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Feb 18, 2012, 06:13 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
Cool, so will you need a special utility to do the firmware upgrades over the serial interface? Hmm, that could be nice extension of the new .NET GUI
Exactly what I was planning on doing, the protocol is documented - appnote from ST and here http://code.google.com/p/stm32flash/.../trunk/stm32.c so its just a matter of writing 'R' to multiwii, it will reboot and jump to bootloader, and then just use standard STM bootloader commands to upload, and at last step jump to user flash again. Adding code for this into WinGUI should be simple.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 09:42 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,669 Posts
Gents,
I'll be happy to chip in with other interested Gents (pun intended) to send him one of TC's board's to get him on-board...
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo View Post
ALEXINPARIS Where are you? we need you to continue the good work on a proper Flight controller, ALEX ALex alex alex
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:27 AM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Gents,
I'll be happy to chip in with other interested Gents (pun intended) to send him one of TC's board's to get him on-board...
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

I was only jesting, but!
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:53 AM
gke
Australia, VIC, Ringwood
Joined Feb 2008
2,470 Posts
Quote:
I am interested/curious and have all of the necessary software support.

Greg
gke is offline Find More Posts by gke
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hubsan & FlySky Tx Adapter