HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:14 AM
Joined Jan 2011
87 Posts
Discussion
Next SBSS Meeting 2/14/12 - Sailplane & Parts Auction & DLG DVD

Bring in your old Sailplane kits that have been gathering dust, or your old servos with 72mhz radios and turn them into ready cash. The only catch is the club takes a 10% nibble on all sales. Walt will provide sheets where you write your price and throughout the night you can write in what you are willing to pay for this great junk we will can all bring in. One of the highlights last year was when I sold my foamy wing Weasel-Pro to Bob McGowan. It was like selling your old Schwinn Typhoon to Lance Armstrong.

To entertain us during the auction, I will be showing a brand new DVD I have just purchased for the club called Handluanch Master Class from the great outfit Radio Carbon Art. The new club librarian Eric, busted me for losing an old DVD so in order to keep him at bay, I am coughing up this new purchase. You can probably learn a lot about of thermal duration info as well...Check out this 4 minute video intro which gives you a hint of the quality of this information:

The featured presenter is Bruce Davidson, who makes all of us DLG (discuss launch glider) nuts look like school kids. This guy bought his own DLG field and went on to the win the world F3K competition in Germany. He also modestly hosts a contest called "The Bruce" at his own field. Here is what Paul Naton of Radio Carbon Art says about this new DVD. By the way, I will ask permission to show this video, so there is a chance he could not allow us to show it at our club event.

In the last year or so, there have been some big changes in handlaunch and F3K glider flying techniques and technology. I have developed a new educational series called the Handlaunch Master Class which will help you learn about the latest flying, building, and design trends which are having a big impact on the sport.

The hot pilot in North America right now is Bruce Davidson, and he is helping to teach this fascinating new DVD series.

A fresh off of his 2009 win at the prestigious International HLG Festival and good placing in the German F3K Open, Bruce shares his latest tips and techniques for getting the most from your high performance HLG in the first Master Class. Bruce is not only a talented pilot but is also an experienced teacher who explains and demonstrates subjects clearly so you can quickly learn and apply the lessons to your flying.

Not many pilots in the world can launch as high as Bruce, and you will learn his tips on maximizing your launch energy no matter your age or skill level. Slow motion video from many angles helps you see his tuned launch mechanics in action. You will certainly improve your launches after Bruce shows you how to spin with power.

See you Wednesday, March 14th, 2012 at the Saratoga Fire Station. Club meeting starts at 6:30. Video will probably start about 7:30pm and the auction will close at 9:00. The back up the truck and hope the wife (or husband) is sleeping when you get home. Appreciating real great soaring junk is an acquired taste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=X8FpRzJvzPY
kyle23 is offline Find More Posts by kyle23
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:56 AM
Joined Jan 2011
87 Posts
Got an email back from Paul Naton. He said it is a 2 hour video and wanted us to show only a few chapters. That sounds good to me. See at the meeting...Kyle
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:04 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
Isn't it supposed to be March 14th?
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Mar 08, 2012, 12:11 AM
Joined Jan 2011
87 Posts
Yes Lil'Stinkpot is right...Again Auction at 3/14/12 SBSS Meeting

Be there, or your spouse may start thinking about cleaning out some of that old junk around the house. And we of course, consider this valuable treasure.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:13 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
There is still time. You can edit your first post, and can change the date in the title.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot