SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Hallmark, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:28 PM
Australia, SA, Munno Para
Joined Feb 2012
117 Posts
Build Log
AXN is done!

Hello again,

I have finished building my AXN and it looks great to me. I put a few customised details into it, some I borrowed from others (like Bruce at RC Model Review), and some I did for myself.

As I decided to use the servos from my crashed FMS Cesssna 182, but they had longer leads than usual so having to use the Y lead as well I ended up with some significant excess lead to stash. I think I did okay with that and still allowed good air flow to the ESC.

On that note I put a 30A cheapie ESC in it because I was told the stock ESC is rubbish and the other one cost me less than $10.

I am having one issue though, when I fire up the motor and get to about 2/3 power the motor vibrates quite violently until I increase power. Can anyone offer anything to explain/correct this? (Yes I fitted and glued the prop spacer.)

Here are a few pics of my first AXN. I'll maiden it today (I hope) and let you know how it went!
Hallmark is offline Find More Posts by Hallmark
to remove ads between posts