SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:12 AM
Nitro, WV, 25143
Joined Apr 2001
23 Posts
Something I never thought of, but a though. My DX7 is running an 11.1 lipo with a DE voltage regulator. I wonder what the AnyLink thinks of the increase voltage. Probably not a lot, but I guarantee the electronics run hotter.

Oh, and I love the lack of hum from the DE regulator. The Spektrum regulator sounded like a hornet got caught inside, even with the stock battery.
Jdmm72 is offline Find More Posts by Jdmm72
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:45 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20 View Post
Anyone have spare main wings and vertical/horizontal stabs they want to sell? I live in the US and I've been waiting patiently for them to get in stock at Tower Hobbies for about 3-4 months now. I'd really like to fly this amazing jet again.
I hear it's a real problem getting these parts, when you do, you may find that the cost isn't much less than getting a new Sabre, not to mention I hear it's quite a chore getting it rebuilt. It's surprising to see nothing shows up on ebay. If you're not concerned about it being a Sabre, profileplanes.com have a couple depron jets that use the electronics. There's an x-32 and the just released Eurofighter. I've got the x-32 for when my current Sabre dies, but it just keeps going and going (and I think it looks pretty cool too)
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:18 PM
Nitro, WV, 25143
Joined Apr 2001
23 Posts
I flew my f-86 3 times today. It was a cold 34 degrees, but the run times didn't seem to suffer, as the battery does heat up.
Jdmm72 is offline Find More Posts by Jdmm72
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:38 PM
Fly, dangit!!!
Little Rock, AR USA
Joined Jan 2007
1,050 Posts
Confirmed, I ordered one today from Tower and when I checked out it listed the plane at 59.98 and the AnyLink at 0.00. Shipping was 9.99. Wooohoooo!

So here's the next question: Are there any plans out there for a plane using the guts of this one? I'm sure I'll eventually smash the you know what out of this plane, but I love building too. Maybe just a simple profile jet with elevons in the wash for some simple thrust vectoring?

J. B.
Led Zepplin is offline Find More Posts by Led Zepplin
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:47 PM
United States, MD, Potomac
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zepplin View Post
Confirmed, I ordered one today from Tower and when I checked out it listed the plane at 59.98 and the AnyLink at 0.00. Shipping was 9.99. Wooohoooo!

So here's the next question: Are there any plans out there for a plane using the guts of this one? I'm sure I'll eventually smash the you know what out of this plane, but I love building too. Maybe just a simple profile jet with elevons in the wash for some simple thrust vectoring?

J. B.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1656911

This is au117's F-35. I highly recommend the C model as it flies beautifully on stock Sabre gear
mkcp40 is offline Find More Posts by mkcp40
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:31 PM
Fly, dangit!!!
Little Rock, AR USA
Joined Jan 2007
1,050 Posts
Holy cow, that's a cool looking F35! That's just what I'm thinking.... Thanks for the link!

J. B.
Led Zepplin is offline Find More Posts by Led Zepplin
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:32 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by led zepplin View Post
holy cow, that's a cool looking f35!
+1!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:46 PM
Joined Sep 2012
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato View Post
I hear it's a real problem getting these parts, when you do, you may find that the cost isn't much less than getting a new Sabre, not to mention I hear it's quite a chore getting it rebuilt. It's surprising to see nothing shows up on ebay. If you're not concerned about it being a Sabre, profileplanes.com have a couple depron jets that use the electronics. There's an x-32 and the just released Eurofighter. I've got the x-32 for when my current Sabre dies, but it just keeps going and going (and I think it looks pretty cool too)
Awesome will have to check it out if I dont find the parts. Thanks for the reply.
Mike20 is offline Find More Posts by Mike20
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:49 PM
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
818 Posts
Santa came early this year

Also have some nanotechs on the way.
mckolit is offline Find More Posts by mckolit
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:06 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,949 Posts
Can someone, please, post all the necessary "modifications" or tips to make this thing fly right out of the box?

Many thanks!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:31 AM
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Can someone, please, post all the necessary "modifications" or tips to make this thing fly right out of the box?

Many thanks!
From what I've read, getting cg correct is key. And if hand launching, throw it level or at a slight down angle.
mckolit is offline Find More Posts by mckolit
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:17 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckolit View Post
From what I've read, getting cg correct is key. And if hand launching, throw it level or at a slight down angle.
+1, add anywhere from a dime to a quarter under the canopy if need be, especially if running smaller 180mah batteries.

Other mods I've done include:
-thin carbon strips on the leading edge of the wings
-velcro down the battery to prevent it from flopping around in rolls
-I put some foam in the little slot where the pilots legs would go, this adds a bit of strenght to the fuselage in the event of a 'hard landing' where the battery could slam forwards damaging the fuselage, I used CA glue to secure the extra foam
-I use umx style batteries with an adapter instead of micro deans, I don't trust those plugs

That's it for me, this thing is a blast to fly!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:23 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,949 Posts
Thanks, guys!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:49 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,196 Posts
All I did was connect the lipo (250mah) and launch. Fly's great straight out the box.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:05 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,012 Posts
I told myself that I wouldn't buy another but at this price how could I refuse????......I'll sell the AnyLink cheap to someone that needs one...

The HH MiG flies MUCH better than the GP Sabre...With my new Sabre I may take some 1mm Depron and make the wing symetrical and go to 3S...I have some brand new NanoTech 180mAh 3S batts that should work great in this plane...I'm thinking that the symetrical airfoil mod will make the Sabre a much better flying plane than with its undercambered airfoil...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene