HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:39 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,336 Posts
Where can we get a receiver for this plane so I don't have to use the anylink ??
Thanks
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:07 PM
Nitro, WV, 25143
Joined Apr 2001
23 Posts
Orange RX fit supposedly, but do you trust Orange from HK? I'll stick with Anylink.
Jdmm72 is offline Find More Posts by Jdmm72
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:46 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,336 Posts
Yes and yes!
Orange is better than the older Spektrum
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,336 Posts
Anyone with a link to the right one?
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:43 PM
Nitro, WV, 25143
Joined Apr 2001
23 Posts
I would assume http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=30907, but I don't trust orange, so at your own risk!!!

Are you running old Spektrum, I'm not. Plus the ONLY problem I've had with Spektrum was land recievers racing on carpet, and static buildup and that was the original Spektrum and I'm still running the DX3, not 3.0 on land.
Last edited by Jdmm72; Dec 08, 2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:46 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,336 Posts
Thank you for the link!
I have a DX8 and don't want to use the Anylink
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:28 PM
Nitro, WV, 25143
Joined Apr 2001
23 Posts
Sorry, Anylink would be a pain in a DX8.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:40 PM
Fly, dangit!!!
Little Rock, AR USA
Joined Jan 2007
1,050 Posts
Gents - I've always loved the F86 and have drooled over this micro version ever since it came out. I got the attached sale flyer via email from Tower as I'm sure many of you guys do. When I'm looking at this ad, then I'm thinking that for the $59.98, it comes with the 'Anylink' module. I thought that for that price, that's most definitely worth it. But when I go to Tower's webpage, it says that you have purchase the $25 Anylink separately... There isn't much help on the website to post a question or clear up the conflict. I figure I'd get much more response by posting a note here. I apologize in advance if this topic has already been discussed in the thread.

Also, I have a DX6i that I would want to use with this little guy. From what I understand, the Anylink comes with the cable to connect to a DX6i trainer port. Is this correct?

Thanks,
J. B.
Led Zepplin is offline Find More Posts by Led Zepplin
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:19 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zepplin View Post

Also, I have a DX6i that I would want to use with this little guy. From what I understand, the Anylink comes with the cable to connect to a DX6i trainer port. Is this correct?

Thanks,
J. B.

Absolutely correct.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it all come to for you with shipping? For me it was another $65 up to Canada. With shipping factored in I ended up paying the same price from an LHS across town here for them to mail it to me.
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Last edited by eltreato; Dec 10, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:24 PM
Fly, dangit!!!
Little Rock, AR USA
Joined Jan 2007
1,050 Posts
eltreato - Thanks for the reply. I haven't actually ordered it yet since I was waiting to verify this question. I didn't want to order it and have everything I needed to bind it to my DX6i. That would be torture to have that wonderful model sitting there with no way to fly it!!!

I have ordered smaller stuff (parts and building supplies) from Tower in the past and I don't recall the shipping costs being too outrageous. I'll probably try and order it up tonight. It may be more since this is a larger item. Of course they are running the other special for free shipping if you order $100 or more... I'll let you know.

J. B.
Led Zepplin is offline Find More Posts by Led Zepplin
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:36 PM
Nitro, WV, 25143
Joined Apr 2001
23 Posts
When I ordered mine from Tower, shipping was roughly $10.00 and the Anylink was included. The airframe shipped from IL via UPS, but the AnyLink shipped from Reno, NV via USPS. I got the airframe about a week earlier than the AnyLink.

Micro F-86 Sabre EDF Tx-R/FREE AnyLink

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LW2215&P=ML

I also remember that the F-86 was exempt from the free shipping, but other codes worked, I got the $5 off of $50 or more.
Last edited by Jdmm72; Dec 10, 2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:39 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmm72 View Post
When I ordered mine from Tower, shipping was roughly $10.00 and the Anylink was included. The airframe shipped from IL via UPS, but the AnyLink shipped from Reno, NV via USPS. I got the airframe about a week earlier than the AnyLink.
Interesting, when I changed my mailing address to south of the border it still came up with the expensive shipping rate, I figured it wasn't right. Oh well it would've been a huge pain to drive down there to pick it up anyways.

Thanks!
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:48 PM
Nitro, WV, 25143
Joined Apr 2001
23 Posts
I also remember that the F-86 was exempt from the free shipping, but other codes worked, I got the $5 off of $50 or more.

Any with AnyLink and JR/Spektrum/Horizon, don't turn the power switch on your transmitter on, as the buddy link does it for you. If you turn it on, AnyLink loses it's power, as the power switch it tied to the charging jack (Power switch on, charging jack off, and vice versa). That's important, be very careful around the power switch, it takes about 2 seconds for AnyLink to re-initialize, and in 2 seconds, this plane will be in dire straits indeed.

My recommendation is to hand launch and retrieve in grass if possible. Also, first flight after you get CG right, get as high as you can stand, gun it, put it in a 45-60 degree upline and let it sabre dance, so you'll know what it does. Do it a few times to get the recovery right. Also, on landing, it safely slows down a lot more than you'd think. It doesn't land too hot. On final, level the plane out and use throttle to adjust glide slope. When about a foot off the ground, cut throttle to 0% and slowly (i do mean slowly) flare with elevator, you want to drag the tail at landing, don't lawn dart it, it has to be a bonafide landing.

Wings level on final leg, correct with RUDDER only, glide slope with throttle only. Wave offs require full throttle and level flying to get back to speed. In other words, it flies like any other plane, non-perfect.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:29 AM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato View Post
Interesting, when I changed my mailing address to south of the border it still came up with the expensive shipping rate, I figured it wasn't right. Oh well it would've been a huge pain to drive down there to pick it up anyways.

Thanks!
I also purchased a backup one as I couldn't resist the deal, I purchased something else I needed with the saber and got both shipped free to Point Roberts.
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:43 AM
Joined Sep 2012
544 Posts
Anyone have spare main wings and vertical/horizontal stabs they want to sell? I live in the US and I've been waiting patiently for them to get in stock at Tower Hobbies for about 3-4 months now. I'd really like to fly this amazing jet again.
Mike20 is offline Find More Posts by Mike20